TheDude1337 First Grow In Soil: 5 Strains

Day 90
I'm running out the door here in a few minutes to enjoy a weekend of turkey and good company. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Some pictures of the result of the defoliation the girls received yesterday. I'll update on Monday.

Pineapple Kush
DSC_0413.JPG
White Widow
DSC_0420.JPG
Euphoria
DSC_0417.JPG
Critical
DSC_0415.JPG

Going to water the girls here in a minute. I'll be going away for the weekend so I'll be making sure they have enough to last until Monday night. Gotta get some Turkey into my belly :). The Amnesia has finished curing and I moved it to her permanent jar (I've also given about half away). It smells like cookies, very strong smell to. The girls are showing their fall colours now.
Dude, your girls look more beautiful every day. Nice

The White Widow was in a pot I bought at the dollar store. It was a fabric pot, but it had a plastic lining in it. I put holes in it to help it breathe. Sadly over time, the moisture buildup between the fabric and the plastic eventually created mold. That mold was leeching into the root system through the holes I put into the pot. As soon as I switched her over to a fabric pot without the plastic. She turned around, and the visible issues stopped. I thought it might be fungus gnats initially, but after removing the pot and seeing the mold on the inside I realize that it was a self inflicted problem by myself.

The White Widow was in a pot I bought at the dollar store. It was a fabric pot, but it had a plastic lining in it. I put holes in it to help it breathe. Sadly over time, the moisture buildup between the fabric and the plastic eventually created mold. That mold was leeching into the root system through the holes I put into the pot. As soon as I switched her over to a fabric pot without the plastic. She turned around, and the visible issues stopped. I thought it might be fungus gnats initially, but after removing the pot and seeing the mold on the inside I realize that it was a self inflicted problem by myself.
Good troubleshooting Dude! Back to living well.

Day 92
Not sure if there was any change in the girls or not. Trichomes are cloudy on the Critical, about 70% cloudy on the Pineapple Kush and Euphoria. Maybe 20% cloudy on the White Widow. I didn't notice any amber trichomes on any of the girls yet. Had a great weekend with family, and lots of turkey in my belly.

Pineapple Kush
DSC_0421.JPG
White Widow
DSC_0425.JPG
Euphoria
DSC_0423.JPG
Critical
DSC_0422.JPG

Day 93 Update
I think today is the day I chop the Critical. I'm seeing a lot more amber today on those trichomes. Seems to be about 10-15% now. I'll let her enjoy the day and chop her tonight after I get back from working. The Pineapple Kush appears to be next in line for chop, as she has the most cloudy. They will be getting fed today as well. I'll take photos during the chop. Try to get some close up shots of the buds as well.

Pineapple Kush
DSC_0427.JPG
White Widow
DSC_0433.JPG
Euphoria
DSC_0432.JPG
Critical
DSC_0430.JPG

Brother that critical looks so good! Enjoy. How do you dry? Looks like you've been growing for a while.

I built a little drying box to hang in my tent. This was my first grow. The drying box does work though. I also intend to use the low and slow method with the White Widow.

Critical Harvest Report
93 days and she is done. I was starting to see amber trichomes, and I had some time this evening free of the children to give her the chop. Trimming is a frustrating thing. I might buy a trimbag in the future. Some pictures from the trimming.

DSC_0434.JPG DSC_0436.JPG DSC_0437.JPG DSC_0438.JPG
DSC_0439.JPG DSC_0440.JPG DSC_0441.JPG

And the wet weight
DSC_0443.JPG DSC_0445.JPG

158 grams wet, so we will see how she dries up. I ask that no one dare comment on my poor trimming job. I don't enjoy that aspect of this, and my patience was wearing thin by the end of it.

You're on the edge of something great! Do you have a hygrometer to monitor rh near the box?

No, I just took my intake fan from my room and plugged it into the bottom of the box. It looks really crappy, but it was quite effective for the Amnesia, I will see how it goes with the Critical. I'll likely take some time in the new year to build one out of wood instead of crap I got at the dollar store and an amazon box :).

No, I just took my intake fan from my room and plugged it into the bottom of the box. It looks really crappy, but it was quite effective for the Amnesia, I will see how it goes with the Critical. I'll likely take some time in the new year to build one out of wood instead of crap I got at the dollar store and an amazon box :).
Doesn't take much. Sometimes I put up ms otters clothes drying device and use hangers. Last time I used the tent. I do like to keep them around 55 to 60% rh if possible when they go in the jar.

Day 93 & 94 update
Not noticing any growth on the girls anymore. I assume it is because the changes are gradual at this point instead of dramatic. Getting very cloudy on the Pineapple Kush, the White Widow and Euphoria seem to be a mix of half and half. Likely a bit more time before they are ready to go.

Pineapple Kush
DSC_0446.JPG DSC_0450.JPG
White Widow
DSC_0448.JPG DSC_0453.JPG
Euphoria
DSC_0447.JPG DSC_0451.JPG

Day 95 Update
I'll be feeding the girls today. They are getting quite dry in the root zone. I might take the Pineapple Kush down tonight or tomorrow night depending on time. The Euphoria might come down on Sunday I think at the earliest. The White Widow still has a lot of clear trichomes and still seems to be putting on weight so I'll keep her for a bit longer.

Critical Harvest Update
I did a bit better with this girl than the Amnesia. The buds on the Critical were a bit denser so they didn't lose as much water weight. Final tally of 36 grams. That beats the Amnesia by 6 grams. That makes me very happy. She does not have much smell right now though. I expect that will come back as she cures. Looking forward to trying her out for the first time tonight and I'll update again with a smoke report.
DSC_0462.JPG

Pineapple Kush
DSC_0454.JPG
White Widow
DSC_0456.JPG
Euphoria
DSC_0459.JPG

Back
Top Bottom