TheDude1337 First Grow In Soil: 5 Strains

If you're going to be harvesting in the next week or two you might want to stop the nutes and let the plants eat what they've already taken up. Will make the bud less harsh.

I've read that a few places, but I have seen no evidence of it. I've also read the exact opposite as well. So I am very skeptical that it actually makes a difference. My guess is that proper trimming and a good cure is what really makes the difference when it comes to taste.

Pineapple Kush Harvest
I had some time tonight to get this done, so I took advantage. Trimming is not fun, but I was able to get through it. I really had a chance to smell the buds while I was trimming. It kind of smells like the spices used in KFC chicken. Not sure why, but there is a peppery odor that is very strong. She had a lot more bud on her than I thought and by far she was the densest of the group thus far.

DSC_0464.JPG DSC_0465.JPG DSC_0466.JPG DSC_0467.JPG

DSC_0470.JPG

The final tally = 152g wet. Not sure what she will dry to.

DSC_0472.JPG DSC_0473.JPG

The Euphoria is likely next, maybe as early as tomorrow if it continues to rain.

Nice job, they should end up about 1/4 of their wet weight.

I expect this one to be a big heavier after dry than my other girls. The dense buds I think will have a bit more weight. my results thus far have been interesting.

Amnesia - 158 wet, 30 dry
Critical - 158 wet, 36 dry
Pineapple Kush - 152 wet....

Certainly a trend in the wet size anyway. It looks like I'm going to crush my 3oz goal for this grow.

Day 97 Update
I think I missed a daily update in my haste during harvest time. The Pineapple Kush looks to be at about half volume already. The Euphoria got chopped today as I started to see some amber trichomes. The White Widow is still about half clear half cloudy so I gave her some water and will leave her for another few days.

White Widow
DSC_0482.JPG

Euphoria Harvest
The top buds were very impressive. The ones at the bottom not so much. Added quite a few popcorn nugs to my bag of trim that I'll make bubble hash out of once everything is said and done with this grow. I think i'll lose more weight with this girl during dry as there is a lot of stem with her. I found it easier to hang the girls in the box from the base of the stem.

DSC_0474.JPG DSC_0475.JPG
DSC_0476.JPG DSC_0477.JPG DSC_0478.JPG

Final wet weight: 195
DSC_0479.JPG DSC_0480.JPG

Critical Smoke Update
The good news is she works. A very visual high for myself. I found that lights and television became difficult to deal with as I had significant amount of light sources in the dark. Sex was fucking awesome on it though. So A+ to that! I got a bit of a hay taste right now with her, and I suspect that will go away with cure. Once some of the smell starts to come out I'll update on what she really smells like.

Day 97 Update
I think I missed a daily update in my haste during harvest time. The Pineapple Kush looks to be at about half volume already. The Euphoria got chopped today as I started to see some amber trichomes. The White Widow is still about half clear half cloudy so I gave her some water and will leave her for another few days.

White Widow
DSC_0482.JPG

Euphoria Harvest
The top buds were very impressive. The ones at the bottom not so much. Added quite a few popcorn nugs to my bag of trim that I'll make bubble hash out of once everything is said and done with this grow. I think i'll lose more weight with this girl during dry as there is a lot of stem with her. I found it easier to hang the girls in the box from the base of the stem.

DSC_0474.JPGDSC_0475.JPG
DSC_0476.JPGDSC_0477.JPGDSC_0478.JPG

Final wet weight: 195
DSC_0479.JPGDSC_0480.JPG

Critical Smoke Update
The good news is she works. A very visual high for myself. I found that lights and television became difficult to deal with as I had significant amount of light sources in the dark. Sex was fucking awesome on it though. So A+ to that! I got a bit of a hay taste right now with her, and I suspect that will go away with cure. Once some of the smell starts to come out I'll update on what she really smells like.
Now we're talking!

Day 99 Update
Just the lonely White Widow left right now. She is very cloudy right now. Looks like she will make it to day 100 before chop at the least. That will depend on time. Her buds are all small and dense. I think the issues she had really stunted her output, but for a freebie seed that was just a throw-in in case one of my other girls didn't sprout. I'm thrilled.

White Widow
DSC_0483.JPG

Day 99 Update
Just the lonely White Widow left right now. She is very cloudy right now. Looks like she will make it to day 100 before chop at the least. That will depend on time. Her buds are all small and dense. I think the issues she had really stunted her output, but for a freebie seed that was just a throw-in in case one of my other girls didn't sprout. I'm thrilled.

White Widow
DSC_0483.JPG
Fantastic. Widow looks good for what you call small

Updates on the drying....
Note for the future, don't leave the drying plants in the tent for an extra day or two because you are busy and life has been hectic. The buds are so dry they are almost crispy. I hope the boveda packs put a bit of moisture back into them. That being said here are the final tallies.

Euphoria = 38g
DSC_0485.JPG

Pineapple Kush = 26g
DSC_0487.JPG

I suspect the Pineapple Kush would have been over 30g had I paid attention to my drying time. The Euphoria would have likely broken the 40g mark. Either way I'm very happy.

Updates on the drying....
Note for the future, don't leave the drying plants in the tent for an extra day or two because you are busy and life has been hectic. The buds are so dry they are almost crispy. I hope the boveda packs put a bit of moisture back into them. That being said here are the final tallies.

Euphoria = 38g
DSC_0485.JPG

Pineapple Kush = 26g
DSC_0487.JPG

I suspect the Pineapple Kush would have been over 30g had I paid attention to my drying time. The Euphoria would have likely broken the 40g mark. Either way I'm very happy.
Congratulations Dude, excellent harvest. I think the bovedas will bring the jars back to what you want. Time is all you need, and the boveda.

Congratulations Dude, excellent harvest. I think the bovedas will bring the jars back to what you want. Time is all you need, and the boveda.
It seems to be helping quite a bit. I wish life wasn't so hectic the past 2 weeks, but chest la vie. I have some more pics of the white widow. She will be coming down tonight.

Day 105 Update (Harvest)
I did nothing but work this week and it hasn't been fun. I did celebrate legalization by enjoying some of my Pineapple Kush and i'll update that below. All I did was water the White Widow this week.

Final week photos
DSC_0488.JPG DSC_0489.JPG

Harvest Update
Well, she made it. I didn't think she was going to, but she did and she added quite a bit of weight the past 2 weeks. I was very impressed when I chopped her down by the size of some of the buds hiding in plain sight. She smells like diesel fuel quite a bit. Some of her buds are very dense, but others are very light. I likely took a bit more of the popcorn buds for the scrap heap that I did with my other girls. That being said, I'm very happy with the results, now I just need to smoke her.

Before chop
DSC_0492.JPG

After Chop
DSC_0494.JPG

Trimmed Results = 159g
DSC_0495.JPG DSC_0496.JPG

Pineapple Kush Smoke Report
First with the bad, this stuff made me very twitchy. Once I parked my ass in bed, that was it for the night. I was not getting up if there was a fire. Laid there twitching and watching TV while tossing and turning about. The cerebral high was very thought inducing. Reminded me of mushrooms in the way that I got a bit more philosophical than normal. I absolutely enjoy that type of high. I also had a great deal of difficulty sleeping during the night. I'll likely keep some of this, but it will more than likely end up as a Christmas gift for someone, as the main time that I have to enjoy this stuff is in the evening after the kids are in bed.

GG sounds good. I have some gorilla bombs I might try, I don't know. Waiting for some dark devil autos to arrive but I can't wait forever. Have you smoked on white widow before?
Never had white widow before. At the pace of this low and slow dryingtechniwue I might never get to try it.

Back
Top Bottom