TimHomeGrow Fastbuds Bluedreamatic Auto In Soil

Day 59 of these crazy autos ;)

While the leaves are looking better physically, the color seems to be fading. They just got their second 5.5 MC today. No new dead leaves and the inner/lower fan leaves look really good. Online pics of Bluedreamatic they seem to yellow early and did with me on my first grow

IMG_20201003_174241.jpg

Buds seem to be looking good. This is from the one with just nodes 3,4,5 and certainly has the fattest buds.
IMG_20201003_171725.jpg

you are definitely on the right track. I think the yellowing and no more lockouts is showing you that you can go up one more notch, and it will probably be perfect. 5.75, coincidentally where I ended up, seems to be called for.

That's what I was thinking for the next feeding.

Will the color come back to those leaves that have faded? I swear it looked like one of the bigger fan leaves that had faded and got very light, was darkening again near the tips.

Should I do any defoliation? I see others pics on here and they have way fewer leaves. Being an auto I'm a bit apprehensive doing some defoliation.

you will get all kinds of answers about defoliation... and other than a few leaves here and there, once in a great while, I don't like to mess with a blooming plant. Late in veg is when I try to defoliate as far as I will... I tend to strip out the bottom third of the plant altogether... but defoliating so as to create more bud growth when it all grows back out, I am not a fan. Sure, it works, but the delay and extra time it puts the plant through in order to rebuild all that bulk, could be better used just by extending veg a bit longer in the normal way, feeding strongly as you go.

Megacrop grows can change on a dime, or at least on a watering, and what was yellow on the last pass can suddenly green back up and look good on the next, same with the clearing of deficiencies or lockouts. MC is what is known as a very responsive growing system... you get direct feedback from your plants on what you gave them on that watering, without having to wait 2 or 3 cycles to see it. I think the day after applying 5.75, you will start to see the green up you are looking for. Anything not dead and necrotic CAN come back.

Day 62

Girls are coming along nicely and getting back some color. Upped MC to 5.75g. They smell amazing and some pistils are just starting to amber. Perhaps another 14 or so days....we shall see.

IMG_20201006_074845.jpg

The girl with just three nodes (and the toped node) that has 8 main colas definitely has the densest buds. I'm hopeful she will produce some dense and tight buds ;)

IMG_20201006_072922.jpg

The one with nodes 2-4 plus the topped nodes is also looking nice but buds not as fat. Everything I've read seems to hold true ....fewer colas makes bigger buds.

IMG_20201006_072912.jpg

This same girl has the conjoined twins. One of the nodes on both sides split into two colas on each side.
IMG_20201006_073428.jpg

Now time to start thinking of the best way to dry. I hung two plants last grow and over dried them a bit but after the cure they do seem the most potent. The third plant, was low and slow in the fridge by placing on racks. One fridge was not frost free...the other was. While that bud is best smelling and smoothest smoking it doesnt seem as potent and don't seem to have as many tricomes on the bud. Granted it was a different plant and most behind of the last three, so hard to really "compare".

I'm thinking this time around I will do low and slow in the fridge but in paper bags with the first two. The last to get chopped may get hung dried.

Day 64

Leaf color still doesn't look right. Idk what's going on but getting frustrated that yet another grow isn't living up to its potential. Perhaps autos just aren't for me.

The plant that had the "bugs" seems to be getting more spotting. Yet the other two have zero spotting. How could it be a bug issue and not spread to the other two plants in the past few weeks?????

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201008-082938.png
    Screenshot_20201008-082938.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20201008-082919.png
    Screenshot_20201008-082919.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20201008-083013~2.png
    Screenshot_20201008-083013~2.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 36
Day 66

Leaves still pale but buds look good. I did dial back the MC on the girl with 8 main colas to 5.5g. seems like she's getting too much. She was the one with the "bug" problem but I swear it's something else going on with her as the other two plants don't have the same issues after several weeks. If it was bugs ....they would spread I'd assume and they haven't.

IMG_20201010_100201.jpg

IMG_20201010_100208.jpg

Her buds which seem very dense if I squeeze them ...rock hard
IMG_20201010_100258.jpg

The girl with 11 colas, her buds
IMG_20201010_100247.jpg

And the girl who I let grow wild
IMG_20201010_100305.jpg

Tent shot
IMG_20201010_101143.jpg

Doing some research online with the spotting, I'm wondering if it may be leaf seporia. Some of the pics look similar and when I do have big fans yellow and die they have the big brown spots as well.

Anyone have experience with leaf seporia?

Easy way to compare the dry cure methods.... plus I like the idea of hedging my bets on harvest, if one part gets moldy well that’s only half of my harvest gone bad plus I’ve got the cob action to fall back on too if necessary.

I do bud washing first, then take one plant and divide into 3 sections, 10 to 20 percent for cobs (since longer cure time it’s like a weed savings bank) Then what’s left I split into 2 equal halves. One half gets low & slow in the fridge the other half gets traditional dry hang and into jars.

nope no experience here with leaf septoria

Doing some research online with the spotting, I'm wondering if it may be leaf seporia. Some of the pics look similar and when I do have big fans yellow and die they have the big brown spots as well.

Anyone have experience with leaf seporia?
Yours does not have the characteristics of a fungal growth... yours look more like a slight classic calcium deficiency. The trick now is to determine if it is getting worse, or you just are seeing the remnants of previous damage. If it is increasing, this is your late flowering sign to increase the MC just a touch... if not, you are just right where you need to be.

Yours does not have the characteristics of a fungal growth... yours look more like a slight classic calcium deficiency. The trick now is to determine if it is getting worse, or you just are seeing the remnants of previous damage. If it is increasing, this is your late flowering sign to increase the MC just a touch... if not, you are just right where you need to be.
It does seem to be getting worse, as the leaves darken a tad, and that was after two feedings of 5.75g. yesterday's feeding I backed down to 5.5g. was that the wrong move? Should I add a tad of cal/mag to my 5.5mg?

At 6-6.5 they seemed to get fried tips and lockout. Even at 5.75 seems to be locking out (I think), and seeing some burnt tips. Here's another girl:
IMG_20201011_125455.jpg

It does seem to be getting worse, as the leaves darken a tad, and that was after two feedings of 5.75g. yesterday's feeding I backed down to 5.5g. was that the wrong move? Should I add a tad of cal/mag to my 5.5mg?

At 6-6.5 they seemed to get fried tips and lockout. Even at 5.75 seems to be locking out (I think), and seeing some burnt tips. Here's another girl:
You shouldn't ever add outside calmag to a MC grow. Forget the leaf tips and the darkening... did the SPOTS get any worse? I am thinking 5.75 is the right spot and the rest is misreading the situation. True leaf tip burning is not a crisis... oftentimes it is indicating things are just right. My organic grows show slight leaf tip burning all the time.

You shouldn't ever add outside calmag to a MC grow. Forget the leaf tips and the darkening... did the SPOTS get any worse? I am thinking 5.75 is the right spot and the rest is misreading the situation. True leaf tip burning is not a crisis... oftentimes it is indicating things are just right. My organic grows show slight leaf tip burning all the time.
Yes the spots have gotten worse. It could be they are easier to see against darker leaves, but certainly more spots from before they leaves got really pale.

Day 68

Even though things have gotten a bit sideways for me, when I do a side by side comparison of my first grow to this one at similar stages ... I can't be too upset. A big improvement

20201012_085742-COLLAGE.jpg

Loving these colas ;)
IMG_20201012_073851.jpg

Day 72

I'm getting some foxtailing on all plants, the tall girl is the worse as she is closest to the light. I'm thinking having the two lights (440w total) in a 3x3 tent is too much. Although my lux meter shows 41-48 on most all of the colas.

Buds of two of them are also loose looking with swallow calyxs spaced out. Cant fix it now but trying to figure what my issue is for the next grow. Tent temps have been great ...75-78. airflow seems good.

I did test my runoff, ph is 6.7 and ppm is 1500. Crazy since I feed them 870-900 the past few waterings. I know I'm not supposed to flush MC, so what gives?

I'm sure it will smoke fine but I was really hoping for nice looking bud this time :(

IMG_20201016_082842.jpg

IMG_20201016_082906.jpg

IMG_20201016_082931.jpg

They look good with the flash on ha
IMG_20201016_081841.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201016_081824.jpg
    IMG_20201016_081824.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
You still have a couple of weeks to go yet... I think this is just how this variety expands the buds during the last phase of bud building. Don't panic yet.
I think it could be genetics as well, especially the foxtailing.

The one girl has alot of amber pistils but based on the tricomes still has some time. I'm not panicking ....but still a bit concerned ;)

Do you see a major issue with my high PPM runoff? Next watering I'm going to test the runoff from each separately rather than the collective runoff bucket.

Appreciate the vote of confidence though, thanks!

I think it could be genetics as well, especially the foxtailing.

The one girl has alot of amber pistils but based on the tricomes still has some time. I'm not panicking ....but still a bit concerned ;)

Do you see a major issue with my high PPM runoff? Next watering I'm going to test the runoff from each separately rather than the collective runoff bucket.

Appreciate the vote of confidence though, thanks!
Hey brother don't let it get you down. I'm positive it's your light (just slightly too much) causing the foxtailing, though others may disagree. I know I've mentioned it happened to my TD plant when I added a second LED in the tent- that plant was also 2 days past the breeder recommendation for harvest when it started. I let it go too long, while getting a lot of food, with too much light = foxtailing. Just watch the trichomes and it will likely turn out fine.

On another subject- My Purple Lemonade plant is getting those same exact yellow spots. It's on an abbreviated feeding schedule (on purpose), and currently only at 3g/G MC. Because of that I'm 99% sure its a calcium deficiency. Working to remedy that now- just thought you might be interested!

Back
Top Bottom