TimHomeGrow Fastbuds Bluedreamatic Auto In Soil

I think it could be genetics as well, especially the foxtailing.

The one girl has alot of amber pistils but based on the tricomes still has some time. I'm not panicking ....but still a bit concerned ;)

Do you see a major issue with my high PPM runoff? Next watering I'm going to test the runoff from each separately rather than the collective runoff bucket.

Appreciate the vote of confidence though, thanks!

amber pistils are not what you are looking for and usually about 60% of them have turned amber or some other color by the beginning of the last two weeks... amber trichomes is what decides it. When it is time for harvest, ALL of the pistils will have turned color and pulled back into the buds. None will be white and sticking straight upward. A good clue when you have hit the final 2 weeks is when NONE of the white pistils are straight any longer, and even those at the very top have a bend or a kink in them.

I don't want to insult you, but testing runoff ppm in a soil grow is useless... it tells you nothing. Soil breaks down into small particles, and you are getting that debris in your runoff. It corresponds to nothing that is going on up there in the soil nutrient wise. In a megacrop grow you need to go by the color and if there is any damage on the leaves... don't even waste your time on measuring runoff ppm or pH.

Hey brother don't let it get you down. I'm positive it's your light (just slightly too much) causing the foxtailing, though others may disagree. I know I've mentioned it happened to my TD plant when I added a second LED in the tent- that plant was also 2 days past the breeder recommendation for harvest. I let it go too long, while getting a lot of food, with too much light = foxtailing. Just watch the trichomes and it will likely turn out fine.

On another subject- My Purple Lemonade plant is getting those same exact yellow spots. It's on an abbreviated feeding schedule (on purpose), and currently only at 3g/G MC. Because of that I'm 99% sure its a calcium deficiency. Working to remedy that now- just thought you might be interested!
Hmm that is interesting and good to know. My plant with the spotting seems to have the densest buds and best color leaves ...go figure.

I can't get too bummed with this grow as things went great in veg and early flower and with training so those are good things where I improved. I'm thinking of upgrading the tent and light for the next grow. 220w seems to little and 440w too much so I think a light with a dimmer would be good for me.

amber pistils are not what you are looking for and usually about 60% of them have turned amber or some other color by the beginning of the last two weeks... amber trichomes is what decides it. When it is time for harvest, ALL of the pistils will have turned color and pulled back into the buds. None will be white and sticking straight upward. A good clue when you have hit the final 2 weeks is when NONE of the white pistils are straight any longer, and even those at the very top have a bend or a kink in them.

I don't want to insult you, but testing runoff ppm in a soil grow is useless... it tells you nothing. Soil breaks down into small particles, and you are getting that debris in your runoff. It corresponds to nothing that is going on up there in the soil nutrient wise. In a megacrop grow you need to go by the color and if there is any damage on the leaves... don't even waste your time on measuring runoff ppm or pH.
No insult taken, I'm as green as they come with this stuff ;). Appreciate yours and everyone's help.

I'm thinking my third grow will be totally on point. Third time's a charm right ;)

My blue dream'matic plant had a lot of foxtails. I think it was a reaction to light and heat. I started turning down the light and raising it up both towards the end on my current grow and the temps have stayed down and there has been no fox tailing, but I am growing different genetics though. I'm about to turn off the light on the last plant and harvest Thursday morning. Get one of the USB microscopes from Amazon. They are maybe $20-30 and work fantastic. Pics like this will help you determine when the plant is ready.
amnesiatrich.jpg

This was my Amnesia plant about two weeks before she came down.

Day 76

Even though this grow started of WAY better than the last, seems these may take just as long until harvest. Buds are fattening and Amy's pistils are amber and curling in ....she will be the first to go, perhaps another week or so. Been feeding 5.5g MC, seems to be OK. Any lower or higher they start looking more yellow and crappy.

Amy
IMG_20201020_121057.jpg

IMG_20201020_123214.jpg

IMG_20201020_124440.jpg

201020_123759.jpg

Danielle has some.really dense buds, still some white pistils. Her leaves look the best
IMG_20201020_121048.jpg

Crazy Katie who Inlet grow wild ;)
IMG_20201020_121052.jpg

Now I have to hope my timing is right....have a 5 day trip Nov 11-15. Hopefully they are done and in the fridge at that time. If they are in jars curing I'll have to phone a friend to burp my babies ha

Some seriously nice nugs you are going to have there Tim! looking good! almost time!

Makes me really look forward to them, I have a 10 pack of these ready and on deck for my grow after next.
Thanks, I'm looking forward to this harvest for sure ;)

Day 79 and my 11 cola girl is starting to show amber tricomes. Debating if I put her in the dark tomorrow or Monday. Not all the microscope pictures that I took show amber, but the ones that do show 2-4 amber tricomes.
IMG_20201023_075058.jpg

IMG_20201023_075104.jpg

201023_074020.jpg

201023_074425.jpg
201023_074133.jpg

201023_074338.jpg

My 8 cola girl has such dense and heaby buds it's pulling down the branches. What's the best way to support them?
IMG_20201023_073216.jpg

This is how it's supported right now....redneck/stoner ingenuity ha
IMG_20201023_074852.jpg

Day 82

Amy went into the dark tonight. She likes to sparkle ;)
image.jpg

All the plants got some really light and crispy leaves overnight. This girl had my darkest leaves two days ago...lost color yesterday and today a bit worse. She still has white pistils, but when I checked tricomes I'm seeing amber. Is she really for harvest too? Foxtailed a bit too. Colas weigh so much it's pulling her down
IMG_20201026_181727.jpg

IMG_20201026_181733.jpg

201026_181536.jpg

201026_180854.jpg

Decided to put the 8 cola girl in the dark too. Even though she had white pistils coming out of the foxtails.... definitely had amber tricomes that I could see with just the loupe.

Two down...one to go

The 11 cola girl came out of the dark, washed and hung. Half will hang dry and half in a bag in the fridge.
IMG_20201028_072359.jpg

Broke down the buds ....I think good enough?
IMG_20201028_082955.jpg

Put them in a big paper bag on it's side into the fridge
IMG_20201028_090452.jpg

Wet weight in the bag...bag weighs 57g.....so about 150g wet and this is only half the plant ;)
IMG_20201028_085859.jpg

Anyone see anything wrong or am I doing it right? @13goody13 @013 @Emilya

Thank you all for the help with my last two grows!!!!!

The 11 cola girl came out of the dark, washed and hung. Half will hang dry and half in a bag in the fridge.
IMG_20201028_072359.jpg

Broke down the buds ....I think good enough?
IMG_20201028_082955.jpg

Put them in a big paper bag on it's side into the fridge
IMG_20201028_090452.jpg

Wet weight in the bag...bag weighs 57g.....so about 150g wet and this is only half the plant ;)
IMG_20201028_085859.jpg

Anyone see anything wrong or am I doing it right? @13goody13 @013 @Emilya

Thank you all for the help with my last two grows!!!!!
Looks really good, brother.
The only thing I do different is a bit less trimming before the go in the fridge. I do a really minor leaf trim, and then I try to make sure the pieces are 6" long or less going into the bag, which you have covered. I leave some stems on so it kind of naturally keeps it from clumping together in the bag.
It won't be a problem at all, you may just have to shake the bags a bit more to keep everything from sticking. Looks REAL sticky, which is awesome!

Looks really good, brother.
The only thing I do different is a bit less trimming before the go in the fridge. I do a really minor leaf trim, and then I try to make sure the pieces are 6" long or less going into the bag, which you have covered. I leave some stems on so it kind of naturally keeps it from clumping together in the bag.
It won't be a problem at all, you may just have to shake the bags a bit more to keep everything from sticking. Looks REAL sticky, which is awesome!
So I can leave some buds on the stems and a bit more intact? I'll try that with the second girl who gets the chop tonight ;).

I still had some loose and larfy buds but the top half of each cola seemed to have some good density which makes me happy ;). I let the larfy stuff hang and I'll use in oil/butter. I only smoke about an ounce a month and with this being half of one plant .....no worries about running out ha. Plus I have 10 jars left from the first grow. May need to take a few months off from growing as it's already more than I need ;)

Thanks for all the help!

So I can leave some buds on the stems and a bit more intact? I'll try that with the second girl who gets the chop tonight ;).

I still had some loose and larfy buds but the top half of each cola seemed to have some good density which makes me happy ;). I let the larfy stuff hang and I'll use in oil/butter. I only smoke about an ounce a month and with this being half of one plant .....no worries about running out ha. Plus I have 10 jars left from the first grow. May need to take a few months off from growing as it's already more than I need ;)

Thanks for all the help!
Stock up like the apocalypse is coming, brother! lol
Not everyone has room for that, I totally understand.
I wish I only smoked an ounce a month, but around here it's a combo of me and another full time smoker, plus full time edibles for everyone. Keeps a guy busy!
If you're not in a hurry definitely leave some stems, as it will slow it down even more and possibly give an even better taste later. Either way the fridge drying is going to improve the taste over the hang.
Glad I could be here to see it finish!

Back
Top Bottom