To Hell in A Hempy Bucket - Vrt CMH - Wonder Woman/Red Dragon

Time for another fine journal.:goodluck:

Welcome to the show!:Rasta:

Tried something different for watering #3. Did a 50/50 mix of OC+ & Dynamite Purple. Put 2 tsp. each into a couple of coffee filters and watered through it. Not really meant to be a big nute push. :morenutes: Just wanted to add some easily to absorb micro nutes and to see what happens. :Rasta:

Son of a bud!:oops: Doing a full water I came to the realization that the plants I over nuted had been in 12/12 for 62 days. Pretty much ignored them except for water. Never bother to really look at the buds until tonight. They are both within the starter harvest zone 1 milky w/amber & 1 milky. What is alive of the burned leaves is dark green in the center. No purpling at all on the one that should be purple.

The less over nuted group are at 55 days and one of them is milky with little new growth. In this group I have a Headband turning purple? It is not supposed to be purple? :lot-o-toke:

Obviously another DRI.:Rasta:

in for this one:cheer:

Welcome to the ride IB!:Rasta:

Just going to tack in a quick update.

Red Dragon 1
022311_001.JPG

Definitely have a sativa dom pheno of the RD. An interestingly supple plant. I only LST'd the main branch. The rest of the canopy adjustment I just did by bending the tallest branches how I wanted them with very little pressure. 24 hrs. later the were still in place. About 13" tall now.

Wonder Woman 1
022311_002.JPG

One bushy baby. About 9" tall now.

Both plants survived the last watering experiment. In fact them seem to be thriving.

I threw them in to some dark simply because I was too stoned from testing a bud from one of the over nuted plants to finish room cleaning and set up but desperately needed the room in veg to set up the clone dome.

Set number 2 has made it through transplant and is starting to grow again. There should be a hempy res explosion soon.:smokin:

Congratulations Two Tokes!

Your The Winner
of
The 420Magazine

Ugly Ass Plant of the Month

Your prizes include:
6 Aerosol Cans of Army Surplus DDT
55 Gallon Drum of Paraquat+ by AN - P+ contains a full spectrum of all the micro defoliatants and herbicides.
and
Dinner for Two at Burger World!​

The winning victim

Blue Dragon Over Nute

022511_001.JPG

Yes, you are looking at the gooood leaves. This group of plants was so over nuted :morenutes: that the Headband went whacky hermie and was put out of its misery.

Plant got a 7 week long flush of water and sugar (succanant and demerara). No nutes other than what was in the soil. I would get all excited seeing green new growth but within a week it would have brown tips.

The green parts are still really green. I pulled it because there was no new growth happenning. Trichs mainly milky with some light amber.

What is really sick is that on the other side of all those burntout leaves are hard, tight, resiny buds. They have the perfect smell for this strain and look like they were rolled in sugar.

Picture not the best focus but you can see the sugar effect on the bud parts.

022511_002.JPG

Through the 30x loupe it is just a powdered sugar play land.

Now it might smoke like shit but it sure is purdy. I kept growing it out because the light was going to be on anyway. Thought it would be interesting to have a "worst I can do" benchmark.

A bud is currently getting the cfl cure so I'll have a report as soon as my patience wears out.

Meanwhile, back at the real grow....

The first set is getting used to the CMH at a minimum range of 20". I'll raise the plants a little bit each day until they are in the zone. That will allow me to bring in the second set at a decent disatnce from the light.

So you've got some trimming to do 😄 They still look pretty danged good. Was a crf involved? But, if you're just fishing for Ugly Assed Plant of the Month votes, I've got that covered for at least the next couple of months ;)

It sucks but you make it so funny. They took one for the team. Poor girls.

Poor girls but lucky me.

The test bud was really good smoke. I was too impatient to fully dry it. However, it tasted as good as it smelled and the buzz was a least on par with the BD from the last grow. :tokin:

Will no better in about 2 weeks after the drying and some cure.

So you've got some trimming to do 😄 They still look pretty danged good. Was a crf involved? But, if you're just fishing for Ugly Assed Plant of the Month votes, I've got that covered for at least the next couple of months ;)

I won't try to compete with you for the UAPOM. I am taking my grand prize and running. ("I for on can use the exercise.")

No crf's involvement. There are the Dynamite organic trf's but I still have my suspicions about them. They are supposed to be good for up to 3 month which is the same thing most other organic fertilizers mixes claim without the trf marketing. I think it is just away to get people to pay more and get less.

I do like the Dynamite products. They do work but the biggest factor is that I have a pretty good idea of how much to use to get good results.

Now to go finish trimming the Ugly Ass Plant. Plus there are 5 more from the over nute :morenutes: grows to harvest over the next week or so. Three of them are still piling on new bud weight. :smokin:

Whens the vote? You'll win it hands down. Thanks, I needed that! :laughtwo::rofl::laughtwo:

Always more fun if I can laugh at myself first:Rasta:

What really bothers me is that I threw my worst at these plants and they still have good bud.;)

Last grow the plants that were ignored the most had the best smoke. ???

Set number two just got their second watering. They went the same length of time between watering as the first set. They seem to have about the same growth at this point in time as the first set did. Still too early to tell what this means as far as comparing the two mediums. One small fact is that the first set vegged at 70-75 degrees. Lower than normal temps have caused the second set to be vegging at 60-65 degrees.

It will be LST time in about 3 days. Will be easier to compare then or at start of 12/12 time in 6 days.:surf:

Set number 1 got watering 3 yesterday. Rain water with a 1/2 dose of liquid kelp. Used a 1/2 cap to 1 gallon of MaxiCrop that one of the hydro stores gave me as a sample when I bought a couple of soil/soil-less products from them. Using minor dosages because the plants look great.

Poured the water and kelp over the same two coffee filters with 2 tsp. of OC+/DMP that I used last time. I expect the organic nutrients from the original transplant mix to die out by week 4 of 12/12. Just trying to add enough extra nutes :morenutes: to keep that point off until week 6.

I am hypothesising that a small amount of full spectrum chem nutes mixed with mostly organics can give me the same quality I have been getting with organics with a slightly higher yield and fewer deficiency issues.

So far, so good.:smokin:

I am hypothesising that a small amount of full spectrum chem nutes mixed with mostly organics can give me the same quality I have been getting with organics with a slightly higher yield and fewer deficiency issues.

Nothing wrong with that! :Rasta:

Neglected, forgotten plants have been some of my best too! Makes one wonder
doesn't it? Are we doing things the right way. They do good in spite of us. Hmmmm :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom