ToG's - Multi-Strain SOG

Mini Update: So three days after putting the seeds down into a plate and planting them in the starter plugs, they are all working on their way out and trying to stretch their cotyledons. The two Aurora Indica are showing taproots at the base of the plugs and Blackjack isn't far behind. One of the plants kinda rooted into the side of the plug but I'm sure the roots will make it down just fine. A few more days and they are ready for their first transplant into 16oz party cups.

The other plants are doing fine as well. Lemon Skunk are rooting still and they will start on their leaves in about a week. The Lemon skunk clones in veg are also doing well but I'm thinking about putting those down into the flower room. Either that or I am going to wait a few weeks when I build my cloner to top them and clone the tops. I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do.

The Hindu Kush are looking nice except #2. I just don't like that one and I'm not enjoying how it is growing at all. They are about a week away from my first round of LST so I am looking forward to that.

here is a few pics of everything so everyone can see what I got going on over here.
IMG_14329.JPG
IMG_143410.JPG

That's all I got for now. Any comments or suggestions are always welcome.

:peacetwo:and Stay Medicated.:lot-o-toke: ToG

You have had good results with the starter plugs. Is there a particular brand name you use?

I really don't like starting germinated seeds in Fox Farm party cups. The soil is course and its too easy to get the root next to something too hot.

Do you dome the starter plugs at all?

will start on their leaves in about a week. The Lemon skunk clones in veg are also doing well but I'm thinking about putting those down into the flower room. Ei

IMG_143410.JPG

you top your plants at the 3rd node...when you lst how are you going to run your tops...i' going to run mine in opposite directions for a complete 360...

You have had good results with the starter plugs. Is there a particular brand name you use?

I really don't like starting germinated seeds in Fox Farm party cups. The soil is course and its too easy to get the root next to something too hot.

Do you dome the starter plugs at all?
You can pick up the organic start plugs pretty much at any Hydro shop. Just ask for the Rapid rooters. I believe they are by General Hydroponic but really, they are all the same. I find that in rockwool, Seedlings struggle to break through. and starting in soil is too many variables to take into consideration.

I also do dome them. My propagation tray broke So the first day I just put a plastic bag over them. Little spray of water and some hot breath and they were good to go. I also don't put them under direct light until I see their helmets raise above the surface.:thumb:

you top your plants at the 3rd node...when you lst how are you going to run your tops...i' going to run mine in opposite directions for a complete 360...

I actually top when it is up to five nodes. When the plant has the underdeveloped growth I choose to top there.

I will LST in about a week and what I plant on doing is cutting the lowest branches off each plant and cloning them while only having four many tops coming from the main stalk or the plant. I will pull them down progressively until they are dropping down. Once the growth is good enough I will Top again. Once the new tops start forming, I will most likely do a wide spiral shape.That will be the general shape of my mothers. Round bushy spirals is what I'm going for with plenty of space in the middle for light penetration.:Namaste:

I actually top when it is up to five nodes. When the plant has the underdeveloped growth I choose to top there.

I will LST in about a week and what I plant on doing is cutting the lowest branches off each plant and cloning them while only having four many tops coming from the main stalk or the plant. I will pull them down progressively until they are dropping down. Once the growth is good enough I will Top again. Once the new tops start forming, I will most likely do a wide spiral shape.That will be the general shape of my mothers. Round bushy spirals is what I'm going for with plenty of space in the middle for light penetration.:Namaste:[/QUOTE]

Can't wait to see that...:tokin:

Can't wait to see that...:tokin:

Yeah, It is a lot of training but once it is all set up they will make for perfect mothers.

Mini Update: So 5Days after putting the seeds down into plates and planting them after, I am left with three healthy looking plants. One is still working on opening its cotyledons and the others are already stretching. Three of them have roots showing from the bottom of the plugs and will be read for transplant by Tuesday. One of them however, is having a problem. It set in sideways and I think it is hindering its stretch.

I will most likely put down another seed to even them out. If the seed that is down decides to recover, I will just give it to my friend so he can grow.

Anyways, Not much else to say until pic update on Wednesday so here is a pic.
IMG_144910.JPG

Top: Aurora Indica
Bottom: Blackjack

:peacetwo:And Stay Medicated:lot-o-toke:ToG

Oh man...you got to save that Blackjack

I know! It sucks that even though they are quality seeds there is still a chance of them not being viable. I hope it picks up and if not, I will start another one. My friend is gonna put in for some seeds for Christmas and will will have plenty of strains to play with outdoors. I plan on doing an outdoor grow next year in a green house that is in blueprint stage and if all goes well, I will set up a small breeding room as well.

suggestion... I know they say to keep the garden's canopy level, I think you should add some books under the shorter ones, and some how elevate the seedlings as well!!!

:peacetwo:

I actually do, lol. I take out the boxes for pictures and seedlings are usually on an upside-down pot so they are pretty much at level with other pots. Not exactly canopy but as close as I can get to it. Thanks for the heads-up and good looking out!:thanks:

Mini Update: Seems like three of the four seedlings have stretched and looking good. Took awhile for the other Aurora Indica to stretch its cotyledons but it made it. The smallest Blackjack is still working. I am not gonna give up on it. It is further up than it was yesterday so I will not kill it off. Instead I put another seed down and I will plant her tomorrow. If the Blackjack that's struggling makes it, I will just grow it for awhile and let my friend grow it.

A full pic update on this journal will be on Wednesday. I am about 1 week away from LSTing my Hindu Kush and about 1-2 weeks from topping her again. I will watch the growth to see if she is ready to be topped. I don't wanna top and trim yet because I want to clone the trimmings.

Anyways, That is all I got for now.

:peacetwo: And Stay Medicated. :lot-o-toke: ToG

Mini Update: Hey Guys! I was going to do a Pic update for you all but I lost track of time and I just couldn't get around to feeding and watering. I gave all my plants a little bit of water so I don't kill them from dehydration and just to tie them over till tomorrow.

Tomorrow WILL be the Pic update and next week will return to its normal schedule.

As for what I have been doing today? I have had such a major migraine I couldn't do much but I managed to finish my main project I have had going the last few days.

Any guesses??? My AERO CLONER! It is finally done. Check it out.
IMG_14725.JPG

Here are the specs:
  • 18 gallon reservoir
  • 35 site(34 minus the plug site)
  • Net pots and 2" neoprene inserts
  • 264 GPH pump.
  • 10 Misters

I will get some clones in it in about 2 weeks give or take. Next Project: Stealth Dresser(Cab dimensions will be mentioned at a later date)

That's all I got for now.:thanks:

:peacetwo: And Stay Medicated.:lot-o-toke:

Thats cool that you're gonna ship that cloner to your buddy Pooh. Awesome I acquired a new bomb ass cloner! :D haha! Perfect cloner bro idk if you posted it already but what did you end up spending all together to make that? :peace:

Looks professionally done... however I have learned to expect nothing less than that from you based on everything else you do. Nice work. ...again

How much do you have in that? I need to make one that will fit in a grow cab 12.5 wide.

Thats cool that you're gonna ship that cloner to your buddy Pooh. Awesome I acquired a new bomb ass cloner! :D haha! Perfect cloner bro idk if you posted it already but what did you end up spending all together to make that? :peace:

haha Thanks man!

Ok so here is the details on what I spent.

• 18Gal Rubbermaid roughneck-Free(The guy at the register didn't charge me. It would be $8 if not)
  • Pvc pipe and fittings- About $8
  • Neoprene 2" Inserts- 50 cents each(x35)
  • Netpots - 40 cents each(x35)
  • Ez clone replacement misters - 50 cents each(x10)
  • 264 GPH pump - $18

Building materials Other things you will need:(If you don't have already)
  • 1/2" Pvc Pipe(They come in 10' poles so you have room for error)
  • 1/2" Pvc Elbow Joints(x4)
  • 1/2" Pvc T joints(x3)
  • 1/2" Pvc Threaded Male adaptor(x1)
  • 2" Hole saw
  • 10/32 Tap
  • Rubbermaid Roughneck Tub

All that you can get at Home Depot. You don't need Pvc cement. It fits tightly enough that you won't need it.

Everything looks like its in your favor for now, looking good!:goodjob:

Thanks Mrs.Green! It has been bumpy since life loves to throw things at me but I take in stride for the most part.:Namaste:

Looks professionally done... however I have learned to expect nothing less than that from you based on everything else you do. Nice work. ...again

How much do you have in that? I need to make one that will fit in a grow cab 12.5 wide.

You can make one cheaper honestly. I plant on making a like mini cloner eventually. You don't need a full 35 site cloner. Downsize the tub or make a bucket cloner. with a small 160-180 GPH pump some 1/2" PVC a couple 1/2" cross joints and some 1/2" end caps you can make a nice little bucket cloner. It will be low profile less space and you can still have at least 10 sites on it.:thumb:

Pic Update:11/10/2011 So finally I got around to feeding and snapping some shots and they have changed a lot in the days you haven't seen them. So Lets get to it.

Hindu Kush: Veg

So they are now on the Veg2 Schedule of the BPN Farmer's Pride pack. and they are doing great. Today I also started my LST but ran out of ties so I will finish it tomorrow. #1 didn't get an LST treatment but the others did.

IMG_14797.JPG
IMG_14816.JPG
IMG_14808.JPG

Lemon Skunk: Veg

The new seedlings are finally working on growth and I now consider them in Veg. They are about 1-2 weeks from transplant to a 1gal pot and I am hoping for the best. The clones are also doing great. They have shot up since they last pic update.

IMG_14856.JPG
IMG_148710.JPG

Blackjack/Aurora Indica: Seedling

The seeds down in the 16Oz cups are doing fine but I am still having an issue with the Blackjack. I need to contact nirvana and discuss this issue. The seed I started is having a difficult time breaking out but I hope soon she will. The other one is just dead pretty much. Non viable seed and not much else I can do. So tomorrow I will just trash it even though I don't want to.

IMG_14897.JPG

IMG_148810.JPG

Group Shot:
IMG_14904.JPG

Sorry about the lack-luster performance on this journal I have just been weighed down by life and I kinda have to force myself to do these things sometimes. I will update throughout the week to show how the LST is coming along to I hope everyone sticks around for that. I am also about 1 week away from starting my feed on the Lemon Skunk seeds as well. We will see how fast they take off.

That's all for now.

:peacetwo: And Stay Medicated. :lot-o-toke: ToG

Everything is looking very good. Its a shame about the BlackJack. I would be interested in hearing if you get any response from Nirvana. I am having simmilar issue out of my Smellyberry (not purchased from Nirvana). 3 successful plants, 3 no germinations, 1 seed was an unfinished runt that was split when I got it, and of course I have 1 two headed freak growing that won't grow a second set of leaves. That 3 for 8 and these are not feminized. These seeds are priced off the top shelf too.

I think you are doing a fine job with this journal! I wish mine looked as good!

Back
Top Bottom