Trailer Trash Farm

Just a couple pics before I cut clones to sex them.Last feeding was 1 week ago.
Added some more cfl's as well.I now have

(6) 42 watt 2700 lumens each
(3) 23 watt 1300 lumens each
(2) 14 watt daylight 600 lumens each

Total of 349 watts

Total of 21300 Lumens

Think this is enough light?I'm starting to get heat issues,High temp during day 90-95f.Farm has no access to outside air as its a middle room of building.

Heres new lights added,pic doesnt show all.Its a underneath hood shot

DSC012832.JPG

DSC01261.JPG

DSC01263.JPG

Its the only one I could find cheap.
DSC012651.JPG

DSC012761.JPG

DSC012601.JPG

DSC01261.JPG

DSC012733.JPG

Still no sign of sex yet,been 3 days.
Update on lights,added 3 more 42w and removed the daylight bulbs.

(9) 42 watt 2700 lumens each
(3) 23 watt 1300 lumens each

Total of 447 watts

Total of 28200 Lumens
3525 Lumens per Sq Ft.
Grow space is 4x2

lovin the thermometer!!
3200+ lumens per square foot/ 55.875 watts sq foot not bad at all :clap:

my only suggestion would be (you said you wanted inexpensive right) to get a $15 bathroom exhaust fan (from home improvement store) these usually have a three inch exhaust, cut a three inch hole in the ceiling, mount it anywhere high in the room and run vent to hole and exhaust straight to the attic(keep straight lines with few if any corners). its a cheap easy repair when you move.

if its a two story with the grow downstairs, the closet door would also work. make the hole at the top of the door just like above, this time use plastic venting though with a bit of slack in it so the door will open easily without ripping down the fan. Have to replace the door when ya move, $20-$50.

Dont forget to let fresh air in too, often the crack under the door will suffice, if its tight to the carpet take the door off and trim the bottom half inch to 3\4 inch above carpet. that outta work. I did this with a 400 watt mh for a bit, added a 400 hps and it was a bit too much heat but still kept in the lower 80's.

fresh air is vital, so is not letting the temp reach the 90's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 95 is too hot for me and for your lil plants, they could be stunted for days reaching that temp for even a little while. If you go into the garden and are uncomfortable due to heat or humidity, so are your plants only they cant get up and leave. :thedoubletake:

Good luck with the grow, and seriously consider addressing the heat issue, it could make or break the grow.

Great grow man, on the places where you trimed the lower branches i would cut down the stems sticking out a inch to be flush with the main stem. The stems just sticking out from the main stem can lead to mold growing and end up hurting your plants. Very good lookin plants though man, keep up the good work and good luck on the heat issue.

Thanks will be adding a exhaust fan this weekend.And also trimmed branches flush,Thanks again for the tips.Day 4 of 12/12 still no sign of sex yet.

Added 75 cfm fan to hood and vented to attic.Will get some pics later 2 nite for ya.Might have some balls hanging off 2 plants.Kinda hard to tell just yet..Hopefully I get at least 1 female.

I bought a cheapo(13 bucks)exhaust fan from local hardware store.75 cfm and has a 3" outlet.The store only had 4" duct,so I got a reducer 4" to 3".Cut hole in ceiling 3 3/4 " .Stuck a vent pipe through hole and fastened.Ran duct from exhaust fan to the vent pipe and used 4" hose clamp to tighten.Heat from under hood is now vented out to attic.For fresh intake,I added a PC fan.Drilled out a few holes in door and fastened fan over the holes,pulling fresh air through door to grow room.Now 1 question,How important is complete darkness while in flowering stages?These holes don't allow much light in and there are at bottom of door.The crack along bottom of door lets more light in.Any suggestion always appreciated.

New photos of exhaust fan and FROSTY now has a big smile and the kids seem to be enjoying the fresh air as well.

DSC013072.JPG

Look how Happy FROSTY looks.

DSC013081.JPG

The NEW fan and duct work

DSC013051.JPG

Underneath hood view of exhaust fan cover
UnderHood.JPG

cat

Last but not least DA FAN again.
DSC01302.JPG

So the hotter it gets, the happier frosty is. That's ironic. The plants look happy too.

Ok great,thanks for fast replies.Is still a little early to tell for sure but I'm starting to see balls on all of the plants.I really hope my luck is better then that.

Good call on the mylar! The ladies will respond to that well, hope for ladies!

oh no man you said your seein balls on all your plants? are they on little tiny stems and/or in bunches? that sux man you may have some males. but yeah, males do tend to display their sex quickly and before fems do.

Back
Top Bottom