UncleCannabis' Indoor Ganja Grove - Organic Soil - Sea of Green

Uncle Cannabis, that is a thing of beauty. When you get your vision back appreciate the hug. Use your imagination here buckaroo, it's a sweet warm and loving one.

:hug:
:circle-of-love:
How did ya' know that I've been Jones-in' for a sweet, warm, and loving SweetSue hug?
:hug:
Miss you my friend. Are you still living it up in AZ?

Yes I am, you sweet-talking wonder. :kisstwo: :love: Two months is too long to be away from gardening and too long to be without cannabis, but what's not to love about being loved and pampered? Next weekend is Vegas!!!

I'll be heading home on the 3rd and planting on the 4th. I'll have brownies in the oven within an hour of walking through the door. :laughtwo:

I've been wandering around the threads feeling abysmally lost and homeless, despite the fact that I have five other threads I maintain and the oil blog to work on. ShiggityFlip encouraged me to start my journal now and get back into the flow while working out the particulars. Everything changes with this grow and I have much to work out. I'll probably do this sometime within the next week.

Happy New Year to you :party:

Finally, someone who may grow more natural and organic than I, basket pots :goodjob:

I bet you are Gluten-free too :)
:rofl: :rofl:

Who is this pretty bud?

Happy belated New Year Rad. May 2016 bring you good health and green gardens. :passitleft:

I'll take that as a compliment :Namaste: but I'm not growing any more natural or organic than anyone else that is growing organic, including yourself.
I'm an outdoor grower at heart so it sometimes feels as though I'm giving ole' Mother Nature the middle finger by using artificial light and fans and playing God with light schedules and whatnot. IMHO a "real organic" grow requires real organic sunlight with Mother Nature calling most of the shots but for those of us that are not able to grow outdoors as we'd like I think Mom Nature will forgive us.
;)

Although I do eat healthy for the most part, I'm a non-gluten free red meat eating neanderthal man. I'd probably get migraine headaches or develop an unexplained twitch or something if I were to go gluten free.

If I'm not mistaken that is a pic of one of the Qleaner buds.
:peace:

By the way, thanks for helping out and offering up your advise and experiences with Santb while I was away. Much appreciated. Reps coming your way. :thanks::high-five:

Yes I am, you sweet-talking wonder. :kisstwo: :love: Two months is too long to be away from gardening and too long to be without cannabis, but what's not to love about being loved and pampered? Next weekend is Vegas!!!

I'll be heading home on the 3rd and planting on the 4th. I'll have brownies in the oven within an hour of walking through the door. :laughtwo:

I've been wandering around the threads feeling abysmally lost and homeless, despite the fact that I have five other threads I maintain and the oil blog to work on. ShiggityFlip encouraged me to start my journal now and get back into the flow while working out the particulars. Everything changes with this grow and I have much to work out. I'll probably do this sometime within the next week.

It's good to hear that you're enjoying yourself. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas right...?? LOL!! I hope you hit the jackpot my friend.

Going completely cold turkey with both consumption and gardening is something of an achievement I think. I hope that I never have to endure something like this. You poor girl......

I was hoping that you'd start a new grow journal. Even though I'm not able to keep up with journals as much as I'd like it was always a pleasure to drop by your place to see all of the variety of strains and "try" to catch up on all of the cool discussions. Please send me an invite once you're back in the saddle. Miss you my friend.

Okay I just came across your awesome Journal and this "Tent Collapse" picture is my worse nightmare! I have a similar tent but not as big as yours. It's just a small rectangle corner tent. Pretty much the size of one Mars Reflector 144x5 light...but anyway, I wanna go as big as yours some day but I noticed the bars that are suppose to hold up your tent and other light equipment look so skinny. Can you tell me exactly how that happened bro? Did the bar just bend from too much weight? I can definitely see that happening so easily.

I would like to hear that story! What was damaged? Any lights? Any fire?

And that is something that worries me about these tents. What else do you guys do to support all the weight that holds onto these bars? I would like some advice and tips!
:thumb:

/cheers!

PS: Awesome setup man! I wanna do something similar one day! :volcano-smiley:

Hey there Nicknaks.

The tent collapse was my fault really. This tent has plastic corners / pole connectors which are prone to breaking, bending, etc unlike most metal corner equipped tents. Purchasing a tent with plastic corners instead of metal corners was my first mistake. My second mistake was installing a second extractor fan during late bloom to lower my lights on temps. The additional weight plus the additional negative pressure that was created pushed the middle plastic pole support to it breaking point causing the tent to collapse.

The tent collapse occurred while I was away. Fortunately, the damage was limited to a few broken limbs and some burnt up foliage.

Dang, unsubscribed myself.
Looks like I got some catching up to do.

Welcome back my brudda. I hope that all is well on your end. :passitleft:

You know he wove those baskets right? ;)

Nah...I didn't weave them myself. They were probably made by some 10 year old Bangladeshi kid. I wouldn't want to put anyone out of a job by weaving my own baskets.

I did weave this LA Chocolat clone though. Ain't she purdy?

thumb_IMG_3253_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3245_1024_copy.jpg

:blunt::passitleft:

Well, I'm impressed. :goodjob: You're a man of many talents.

Harvest Update
Hey there friends. It's time for another update.
The last of the Ganja Girls have been chopped and dried, all of the trimming chores have been completed, and the fruits of the harvest are now jarred up.
:yahoo::slide:
16647.jpg
thumb_IMG_3228_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3276_1024.jpg

All that's left to do now is finish cleaning stray resin from doorknobs, coffee cups, my coffee pot, my trim bin, my pipe, my lighter, and everything else that I may have touched or rubbed up against over the past week.

Post-Harvest Activities -
After the trimming chores were completed I went ahead and gave my flowering tent a good spring cleaning. All of my lights were taken down and cleaned, my circulating fan was disassembled and cleaned, tent walls, floor, and roof were sprayed with a bleach/water solution and wiped down, etc.....

22325.jpg
31856.jpg

Once the girls were chopped, the soil from my pots was dumped into some plastic totes for regeneration and reuse on future runs.
Flag leaves and stems from the harvest activities were tossed in and turned under.
thumb_IMG_3262_1024.jpg

I also went ahead and turned under some beans that I had growing in my some of my other bins and added a bit of kitchen waste (coffee grounds, egg shells, veggie peelings, etc) and chopped up aloe.
thumb_IMG_3269_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3267_1024.jpg

I guess that about does it for now. Bud pics and smoke reports will be coming soon.
:peace::Namaste:

Thanks but not sure when I'll be doing another run. I never knew there was such a thing as having too much dope but I have too much dope. I literally have 2 shelves full of weed, 22 strains in all, along with hash and edibles. I may take a mini-break before popping more seeds.....maybe.....

Congratulations on your fine harvest. +reps

It probably won't become law, but one of the initiatives headed to the ballot in California is:

CALIFORNIA CANNABIS HEMP INITIATIVE
Anything less than 12 pounds of dried, cured marijuana flowers and 99 flowering female marijuana plants qualifies as personal use and would be exempt from permit or license requirements or taxation.

In that future world, your 2 shelves of 22 strains would be considered personal use :)

In my world, Medical personal use is defined as 10 oz of "useable material." Anything still in the drying room doesn't count :)

If I ever have 'too much,' special friends have offered to take possession of the excess for me :rofl: :rofl:

Lookin good... Hope you don't stay away too long.... Now 's your chance to pick one seed and do whatever you've been wanting to try....

One last newb question, Unk; do you have your lights come on in the coolest part of the day, off in the hottest? This makes sense to me; my summers are HOT, and winters are MILD, and I have no room for heating or A/C....

2 shelves and 22 strains? let me know if you need a hand with all that....:thumb:
And please let me know when you start a new journal...

Thanks but not sure when I'll be doing another run. I never knew there was such a thing as having too much dope but I have too much dope. I literally have 2 shelves full of weed, 22 strains in all, along with hash and edibles. I may take a mini-break before popping more seeds.....maybe.....

Hey Mate :) Been awhile since I have had the time to see what my friends have been up to. After catching up, it appears lots did happen LOL some awesome plants and harvests you've had :)

As for taking a break, you know as well as the rest of us, the only thing addictive about cannabis is the growing of it ;)

RC

Congratulations on your fine harvest. +reps

It probably won't become law, but one of the initiatives headed to the ballot in California is:

CALIFORNIA CANNABIS HEMP INITIATIVE

In that future world, your 2 shelves of 22 strains would be considered personal use :)

In my world, Medical personal use is defined as 10 oz of "useable material." Anything still in the drying room doesn't count :)

If I ever have 'too much,' special friends have offered to take possession of the excess for me :rofl: :rofl:

12 lbs dry with 99 girls in bloom....considered as personal use w/o any permit requirements.....??? If that passes I'll begin contacting a moving company and heading to Cali. LOL!!

I think that we should all be extremely pleased with the recent trend regarding the relaxation of cannabis laws. But at the same time we should ask ourselves - and our lawmakers - why should there be so many restrictions on growing a plant? Why should it's legal sale in places where it has been legalized be subjected to so much regulation and high levels of taxation? Why, why, why....??? So many why's....
If someone is "allowed" to grow 10,000 pine trees or 100,000 tomato plants or umpteen thousand fruit trees on land that they own why should they not be able to grow cannabis or hemp in the same way without restrictions? It's not like we're trying to grow nuclear warheads or something - that's what governments do.....
IMHO cannabis is a natural herb therefore the growing and personal use of cannabis in it's raw and natural form should not be restricted in any way shape or form and it's sale should be taxed just like rice, wheat, carrots, potatoes, or any other plant.
Unfortunately the money component makes cannabis a prime target for being controlled and regulated by governments and big business interest so my dream of a world where one can grow MJ unrestricted is just a pipe dream....but still worth fighting for I think.
(Loading up my pipe now.) :bongrip:

Lookin good... Hope you don't stay away too long.... Now 's your chance to pick one seed and do whatever you've been wanting to try....
I have some cuttings in my veg tent that have gotten quite large so I've decided to pot them up and bloom them out instead of tossing them into my compost or soil bins. I've put the pruners right up to them but just can't seem to squeeze the handles and chop up healthy plants.
I guess I have a weak spot for nice looking girls.... :winkyface:

One last newb question, Unk; do you have your lights come on in the coolest part of the day, off in the hottest? This makes sense to me; my summers are HOT, and winters are MILD, and I have no room for heating or A/C....

It's hot 12 months out of the year where I'm at so in my situation it works out best to run the lights in my bloom tent from about 8pm-ish to about 7-8am-ish.
With my veg tent, lights come on at 6pm, run throughout the night, and go off at noon.
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom