UncleC's Ganja Grove - Organic Soil - LED - SOG - La Chocolat/Vanilla Kush/LSD/GSC

Re: UncleC's Ganja Grove - Organic Soil - LED - SOG - La Chocolat/Vanilla Kush/LSD/GS

Excellent bud pics & descriptions Uncle. Based on your BCBD GSC report I'll grow it rather than give seed away. Had seen mostly lousy reports on it. Your LA Chocolat pics & report closely mirror my recent LAC plant. Hard not to like LAC imo. Great update brother. :thumb:

Re: UncleC's Ganja Grove - Organic Soil - LED - SOG - La Chocolat/Vanilla Kush/LSD/GS

Hey there Santb. It's good to hear that you've got a girl in the ground. I'm assuming that you're growing a Barney's Farm LSD..?
Based on your explanation my guess would be that your girl is sexually mature and what you're seeing is pre-flowering or the start of flowering. As the days continue to get shorter the buds should begin to form (bud or flower set) and she'll stop stretching not long afterward.
The transition from veg to flower is not as quick when growing outdoors in natural sunlight and natural light cycles. When growing indoors we change the lighting period from 18 or 24 hours to only 13 hours or less which causes an almost instantaneous hormonal shift in the plant. When growing outdoors the light/dark period transition happens slowly which in turn also causes the hormonal changes in the plant to occur more slowly when compared to indoor lighting schedule manipulation when "flipping".

8 hours of direct sunlight with a shade cloth covering should provide enough sunlight for a decent yield. More light would provide higher yield but 8 hours of filtered sunlight per day should keep your girl happy and healthy.

:peace:

Thanks Unk. Yes you assumed correctly. I only type DSL as I've read that the mods don't like references to other substances, which I get.
So sweet; you gave me exactly the info I wanted to hear... Having no experience with anything other than bagseed or autos, I started to get disappointed, but now I mite hold my breath after all! She does look good (except for some 2 and 3 fingered leaves), and given that solstice is so close, I was thinking it could possibly be ok. Smells very nice already, almost minty; sweet and fresh. I won't get the pound I was fantasizing about, but assuming it goes full term it mite be a solid couple zips which is just fine with me, esp after reading your smoke report on your own LSD. Which is why I ordered that strain..!
Also, just got notification of impending delivery of some new beans, incl. Pineapple Chunk, Choc Mint OG, Super Lemon Haze... And just in time as I plan on having my cab built over the next few weeks (holidays), so looking forward to not having to worry about being seen going back and forth to my greenhouse 20 time a day, the right amount of light etc.
Plus, your stash is inspirational also!
Have a great chrissie, Unk. Love your xmas avatar....

Excellent bud pics & descriptions Uncle. Based on your BCBD GSC report I'll grow it rather than give seed away. Had seen mostly lousy reports on it. Your LA Chocolat pics & report closely mirror my recent LAC plant. Hard not to like LAC imo. Great update brother. :thumb:

I think you'll be pleased with the BCBD GSC. I received a 3 pack as a freebie and after doing some web searches was not able to find any grow or smoke reports that seemed legit. All I was able to dig up was the typical "don't waste your money, it's not the real cookies", "BC Bud Depot strains are crap", "I bought some BCBD seeds and none germinated", "I bought some BCBD seeds once and all of them hermied", etc, etc...... It seemed obvious to me that none of the comments or reports were from folks that had actual grown or smoked BCBD's GSC. I'm really glad that I took a chance with growing this strain and have no regrets whatsoever.

I'm really impressed with the LA Chocolat. This one will be run again whenever my LAC stash supply begins to run low.

Thanks Unk. Yes you assumed correctly. I only type DSL as I've read that the mods don't like references to other substances, which I get.
So sweet; you gave me exactly the info I wanted to hear... Having no experience with anything other than bagseed or autos, I started to get disappointed, but now I mite hold my breath after all! She does look good (except for some 2 and 3 fingered leaves), and given that solstice is so close, I was thinking it could possibly be ok. Smells very nice already, almost minty; sweet and fresh. I won't get the pound I was fantasizing about, but assuming it goes full term it mite be a solid couple zips which is just fine with me, esp after reading your smoke report on your own LSD. Which is why I ordered that strain..!
Also, just got notification of impending delivery of some new beans, incl. Pineapple Chunk, Choc Mint OG, Super Lemon Haze... And just in time as I plan on having my cab built over the next few weeks (holidays), so looking forward to not having to worry about being seen going back and forth to my greenhouse 20 time a day, the right amount of light etc.
Plus, your stash is inspirational also!
Have a great chrissie, Unk. Love your xmas avatar....

What size pot is she in? If you'll be flowering her in a 5 gal pot or larger you can expect to get more than a couple of ounces if she stays healthy.

Woohoo!! Beans for Christmas!! :slide::allgood:
Canna seeds, the gift that keeps on giving. :high-five: I have a couple of seed orders that I'm waiting on as well. I bet the seed bank's will have record sales for this holiday season.
Pineapple Chunk and SL Haze are both winners. I haven't tried any Chocolate Mint OG yet but the girl that I'll be harvesting soon has a nice aroma to her and she's stacking up trichs going into the home stretch so I'm assuming that she'll be a good one.

What size pot is she in? If you'll be flowering her in a 5 gal pot or larger you can expect to get more than a couple of ounces if she stays healthy.

Woohoo!! Beans for Christmas!! :slide::allgood:
Canna seeds, the gift that keeps on giving. :high-five: I have a couple of seed orders that I'm waiting on as well. I bet the seed bank's will have record sales for this holiday season.
Pineapple Chunk and SL Haze are both winners. I haven't tried any Chocolate Mint OG yet but the girl that I'll be harvesting soon has a nice aroma to her and she's stacking up trichs going into the home stretch so I'm assuming that she'll be a good one.

She's in an approx 25Ltr smart pot; I think that's roughly 4-5 gals, so yeah plenty of room for roots. Probably could've been smaller...
Yep beans arrived yesterday but some of them were mixed up in Bonzas stupid round plastic seed thing. The lid, while secure, was not tight enough to keep the beans rolling around, and so now I've got 2 beans each of SLH, Pine. Chunk, and Pyramid Tutankhamun all mixed up. Tried to sort out by sight using a loupe but......they're seeds.
Oh well. Nothing that can be done. Frankly, I'm just stoked they got here (I got 5 freebies incl. the Arjans Haze #1 that I would not get on resend). Those six grows will be surprises! My HSO Choc Mint and Bomb Atomic Bomb are still in the right place (I hope); typical though: the SLH and Pineapple Chunk are 2 I've wanted for ages.... AND I ordered some 5ml centrifuge vials last week in anticipation, to make storage, ID and retrieval that much easier.. Cest la vie.
Seeing your Choc Mint is what got me interested in that... Everyone seems to do Blue Dream, but yours look great and... Well, it's choc mint!!! Choc Mint WEED!!!! Can't lose!!!!!! Hanging out for smoke report on that..!!

Mystery seeds. Kind of a pain in the ass unless you really like surprises, especially when you're storing them for later and have to look at '????' on the label. I heard of this issue with Bonza from someone else here. They tried to get some free duplicates of the seeds in the hopes they'd be able to have some chance of comparing the plants and figuring out what was what later on.
I used to do a lot of bush work in camps and cabins up North. We were at this trapper's cabin once, where for a lark his buddy had taken all the labels off of his winters supply of canned goods. So- like over 1000 cans of stuff.
Every day was the same routine-
'Hmmmm... What's it going to be for dinner tonight? Looks like... evaporated milk and....pie filling, with....olives. Yum!'
That guy was pissed about it for years.

Mystery seeds. Kind of a pain in the ass unless you really like surprises, especially when you're storing them for later and have to look at '????' on the label. I heard of this issue with Bonza from someone else here. They tried to get some free duplicates of the seeds in the hopes they'd be able to have some chance of comparing the plants and figuring out what was what later on.
I used to do a lot of bush work in camps and cabins up North. We were at this trapper's cabin once, where for a lark his buddy had taken all the labels off of his winters supply of canned goods. So- like over 1000 cans of stuff.
'Hmmmm... What's it going to be for dinner tonight? Looks like... evaporated milk and....pie filling, with....olives. Yum!'

That is, pardon my french, fucking hilarious.

I actually don't mind that much. It is a pain in the arse, and, frankly, is a pretty piss-weak effort on the part of Bonza, considering the cost etc..
But at least I know all the seeds I wanted are in there somewhere! Positioning of the light mite end up a drama tho'.
your story, Weasel is a good one.. I used to be the sort of guy that would do something like that... Problem is is that I'd also be the most pissed off by the end....!

Actually Unk, have you ever tried GLR? I'm considering it, mostly for the power savings; but it is hard to find too many bad things written about it. It seems to work a treat, so why doesn't everyone do it?

Puff, puff, pass. :passitleft:

She's in an approx 25Ltr smart pot; I think that's roughly 4-5 gals, so yeah plenty of room for roots. Probably could've been smaller...
Yep beans arrived yesterday but some of them were mixed up in Bonzas stupid round plastic seed thing. The lid, while secure, was not tight enough to keep the beans rolling around, and so now I've got 2 beans each of SLH, Pine. Chunk, and Pyramid Tutankhamun all mixed up. Tried to sort out by sight using a loupe but......they're seeds.
Oh well. Nothing that can be done. Frankly, I'm just stoked they got here (I got 5 freebies incl. the Arjans Haze #1 that I would not get on resend). Those six grows will be surprises! My HSO Choc Mint and Bomb Atomic Bomb are still in the right place (I hope); typical though: the SLH and Pineapple Chunk are 2 I've wanted for ages.... AND I ordered some 5ml centrifuge vials last week in anticipation, to make storage, ID and retrieval that much easier.. Cest la vie.
Seeing your Choc Mint is what got me interested in that... Everyone seems to do Blue Dream, but yours look great and... Well, it's choc mint!!! Choc Mint WEED!!!! Can't lose!!!!!! Hanging out for smoke report on that..!!

There are many factors that affect yield but if you have her in a 5gal pot and you've allowed adequate veg growth before she hits bud set you can expect to get more than just a couple of oz's for sure. LSD is a good yielder. The key is keeping her healthy and pest free until harvest. I've never grown this strain outdoors so I'm unsure how susceptible she would be to aphids, mites, PM, botrytis, etc. I suggest pruning her a bit as needed in order to maintain good airflow throughout the canopy. It would also help if you're able to have good and continuous air circulation.

The mishap with your seeds is a real bummer. I do realize that shipments can be handled roughly and possibly damaged during shipment but it sounds like they are using a very bad packing method. I'd be mucho pissed off if this would have happened to me. Have you sent them a mail or called to let them know what's happened and offer them an opportunity to "right their wrong"? They may replace your order if you submit a complaint. It's definitely worth a shot.

Actually Unk, have you ever tried GLR? I'm considering it, mostly for the power savings; but it is hard to find too many bad things written about it. It seems to work a treat, so why doesn't everyone do it?

Ummm....what's a GLR? Good looking redhead?? :high-five:

great pictures and grow stay green and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
:bravo:

Thanks for the comps CBD. Much appreciated. :Namaste:

Thanks, Unk. Yeah I'll send an email to see what happens. You never know. 6 extra potential favourite seeds would be handy...!

GLR = Gas Lamp Routine light schedule: 12 on 5.5 off 1 on 5.5 off. Also sometimes used with a Diminishing Light Schedule for flower, ending up at 15 off 9 on.. 1 on in middle of dark period breaks flower hormone build up, and the extra rest in veg makes healthier plants (as opposed to 18/20 hours straight light).. Supposedly more closely mimics nature, thus happier plants. Apparently some old method of growing whatever (not weed), hence the 'gas lamp'.
Sorry, just been reading up on it...!

Ah ok. I'm not a blonde but I must have been having a blonde moment - or more likely...a buzz moment. LOL!
I've never tried using this lighting scheme with cannabis but I know that it's used in lots of commercial greenhouse grow operations. This type of lighting scheme is proven to work for many ornamental plant varieties and has been used successfully in commercial ornamental plant nurseries for eons. If you do a search on this site you may be able to find some gardeners that are using this with small scale home cannabis grows.

When life gives you lemons......make olive and pie filling chowder?
I guess it's safe to assume that this friend of his was not invited back.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Cheers again, Unk. Ps thanks for giving me hope for my lsd... She's not huge but pistils on every limb and now I'm confident she'll be ok with a few more months so yeah 2+ zips would be great!

You are absolutely right who would have imagined the way information is shared today, the future is going to be the evolution from the present, and one can only imagine what that future holds for us.
:blushsmile:

Back
Top Bottom