UncleC's Ganja Grove - Organic Soil - LED - SOG - La Chocolat/Vanilla Kush/LSD/GSC

Re: UncleC's Ganja Grove - Organic Soil - LED - SOG - La Chocolat/Vanilla Kush/LSD/GS

Not all cops are bad just like not all MJ users are lazy slackers or criminals. Unfortunately the ratio of bad cops to good cops is so greatly tilted that it's difficult to not stereotype in this case.

Back in the day, at least as I remember it, policemen didn't go around breaking the laws that they are supposed to enforce and they did not go around harassing people and cracking heads on a daily basis as they do today.
They did use brutal tactics at times but the brutality was usually kept in reserve for the real dirt bags that deserved heavy handed treatment.
No one that I knew ever got a beat down for a burnt tail light or got shot and killed while playing a video game back then as happens all too often these days.

The war on drugs along with the vast amounts of money involved on both sides has caused America to become a police state with corruption tainting every nook and cranny of the justice system.

Re: UncleC's Ganja Grove - Organic Soil - LED - SOG - La Chocolat/Vanilla Kush/LSD/GS

Copy/paste from Wikipedia

Chemistry
Coral calcium is composed primarily of calcium carbonate (CaCO3), with small amounts of magnesium and other trace minerals. Calcium carbonate from coral is similar to calcium carbonate from other sources, with varying amounts of trace minerals. Much attention has been given to calcium carbonate's ability to change the pH (or alkalinity) of water-based solutions to which it is added. With respect to pH and alkalinity, the calcium component is less important than the carbonate component, which is chemically similar to the bicarbonate in baking soda. Coral calcium is a source of calcium, which is an essential mineral for human life. Coral has a chemical structure that is very similar to the composition of human bone and is sometimes used as material in bone grafts.

Chemical analysis highjacked from:
CORAL CALCIUM POWDER ? CHEMICAL ANALYSIS OF 74 TRACE MINERALS | Marine Bio

ccp.gif

Not all cops are bad just like not all MJ users are lazy slackers or criminals. Unfortunately the ratio of bad cops to good cops is so greatly tilted that it's difficult to not stereotype in this case.

Back in the day, at least as I remember it, policemen didn't go around breaking the laws that they are supposed to enforce and they did not go around harassing people and cracking heads on a daily basis as they do today.
They did use brutal tactics at times but the brutality was usually kept in reserve for the real dirt bags that deserved heavy handed treatment.
No one that I knew ever got a beat down for a burnt tail light or got shot and killed while playing a video game back then as happens all too often these days.

The war on drugs along with the vast amounts of money involved on both sides has caused America to become a police state with corruption tainting every nook and cranny of the justice system.

Re my comments and mini rant about cops. I'm not any sort of cop hater at all. I have no bad feelings at all towards any officer I see passing by. I just want them to continue passing by, and I will continue passing them by, and then we will both be happy. I avoid all contact with police, and for that matter, anyone else I might see coming my way carrying sticks, guns, handcuffs, and pepper spray.
Around here, the police have a monopoly on that particular dress code. I don't think regular folks would be allowed to partake in the 'control, hurt, maim, kill' themed fashion statement even if they want to. So I avoid the police, in their various forms.
Of course there is an individual in that uniform somewhere. But the whole point of the uniform is to show us that they are not an individual, but an extension of whatever controlling force/concept they work for. Issues with the cops are issues to be taken up with the system they work for.
In the case I mentioned, his parents and sister, being white and middle/upper class and not totally voiceless, raised as much of a fuss as they could. This resulted in an enquiry. An internal enquiry that is, by the police. Anyone who's had their internals investigated by the police know that they'll just do whatever they want and say any excuse afterwards. Nothing came of it. They did mumble some sort of apology eventually and recommended to each other that they should ease up on shooting kids from behind. The day after the shooting it was announced as a 'major drug bust'. That shows what frame of mind they were in when they opened the basement door. It turned out that the only drugs they found were less than an ounce of pot.
I know for a fact that back in those 'good old days' that this particular police/judicial system was as corrupt as it gets. The police department/courthouse were two halves of the same building and the one presiding judge was a former member of that shitty wannabe police force. Funny thing is, we sort of knew those people as individuals too. We knew plenty of them by name and sight and knew some of them were borderline psychotic. I had plenty of friends beaten up and deposited on the hill behind town, shoes removed, to walk back to town. There was a nice big scenic parking lot up there and it made good beating grounds I guess. This was a standard tactic and I never heard of any investigations over that. And no these weren't bad kids causing real trouble, just regular kids doing what kids do.
To conclude mini- rant #2.
Ummmm....
Ummmmm....
Stay away from violent people with weapons, kids.

It sounds like coral would be about the same sorta thing as ground-up shells then? You said you had trouble finding it/calcite. Where I live people use ancient clam shells which are starting to break down, or toss them in the fire to burn them first, which softens them up a lot. I don't know if burning damages or destroys any of the goods, but it may help with the coral grinding process.

Cheers again Unk.. The bag-smashing first step is handy cos it'll produce a fair bit of powder by the end; the mortar and pestle is is definitely needed too tho'. I like the powders! I mite test my soil pH today to make sure but I think I'm pretty neutral so small amounts of coral added as an amendment shouldn't be too bad. Might test the coral run-off too. Would be interesting if being buried for 10+ years had any effect..

Cops are people too; I grew up with them and have seen all types. Alcohol abuse is endemic; or at least it used to be.. A lot turn to weed now (ironically) to avoid the health/marital issues that come from regular heavy drinking... But my Dad swears he learned as much in the pub drinking with older cops as he did on the job. It cost his marriage back then; he was never home, a fact I had a lot of trouble coming to terms with growing up. Now, I understand, even if I still don't quite agree with the choice...
Here the good cop/bad cop ratio is still firmly tipped to the good side but there are still too many incidents of police brutality, deaths in custody (particularly of indigenous people) or general bad behaviour reported seemingly weekly...
One of the biggest problems I see in the U.S. is the availability of firearms to the public. From a tactical veiwpoint, cops in the U.S have to assume that everyone is carrying. That is NOT to excuse harassment of the general public, or wrongful deaths of innocent gamers in their own home.. But they are all trained 'military' style now: Get fired up, this is combat. Go in hard. Anyone not with hands in the air gets 2-3 centre-mass. Take names later.
The cops here take no chances; they go in hard when necessary but incidents like Weaselcracker describes just don't happen here. Our 'SWAT' boys here are as tooled and trained up as any paramilitary unit in the world; a bunch of them were in trouble a few years back for getting pissed and doing stuff in the nude (mooning people etc) during a drunken xmas party; that's the worst (only) thing I've ever read about them in the news..
We just don't have guns on the streets here. The only (mostly) people with guns are cops or crooks. We are experiencing a major m3th epidemic here, so I'm glad firearms aren't common. But they can still be had if you've got the cash.
Street cops here are generally pretty good. They are mostly university educated (not that that guarantees anything), get paid ok, and enjoy relative respect form the public.
Individuals make choices. For some men, honour is enough to keep them on the straight and narrow. For others, human nature is a strong impulse, often too strong to ignore. It sux for Americans that the (law enforcement, at least) shitstem there seems to favour/encourage the weaker characters; even rewarding them.

Re my comments and mini rant about cops. I'm not any sort of cop hater at all. I have no bad feelings at all towards any officer I see passing by. I just want them to continue passing by, and I will continue passing them by, and then we will both be happy. I avoid all contact with police, and for that matter, anyone else I might see coming my way carrying sticks, guns, handcuffs, and pepper spray.

Stay away from violent people with weapons, kids.

DITTO.
:bump: :bump:

Hey there friends, check out my DIY carbon filter / room deodorizer.

thumb_IMG_2193_1024.jpg

I already had a spare 6" inline fan to contribute to the project but have been gathering up the other materials piece by piece for about the past month as I was able to.
I was in no rush but now that the girls are beginning to stink I was forced into high gear to get it completed.
Isn't it funny how girls have a way of getting us guys to stop procrastinating. LOL!!

I used regular ole' activated carbon that is used for aquarium and pond water filtration. I'm unsure of the odor absorbing efficiency that it will have compared to higher grades of activated carbon. I guess I'll find out if it works soon enough.

It's designed as a double pass filter so it limits the airflow but increases the retention time of the air that's being scrubbed.

I already to put it work and will monitor it for a while before giving a report.

thumb_IMG_2194_1024.jpg

In the meantime, I hope I won't need it but I'll be keeping a fire extinguisher handy just in case I smell smoke. :)
:peace::blunt:

Success!! No more odors being emitted from my spare bedroom and I haven't had to use my fire extinguisher.
:yahoo:

Ganja Grove Update - Flowering - End of Week 7

Strains -
LA Chocolate - DNA Genetics
LSD - Barney's Farm
Vanilla Kush - Barney's Farm
Girl Scout Cookies - BC Bud Depot
Jack Herer - Greenhouse Seed Co.

Germination Date -
@ June 15th - 18th

Flip Date -
Most - August 23rd
Cookie Monster (Girl Scout Cookies #1 Mother) - September 8th
LA Chocolat Clone - September 20th

Lights -
4 x Mars Hydro Sun Series LED's (300 wall watts each)
1 x Mars-Hydro 144x5 Reflector Series LED (@315 wall watts)

Lighting Scheme -
11 On / 13 Off
Lights on during the evening hours to help keep lights on temps down.

Environmental Conditions -
Lights On -
Temps - 77 to 82 degrees F
RH - 47 to 60%

Lights Off -
Temps - 64 to 68 degrees F
RH - 50 to 65%

Nutrients / Fert's / Stuff -
Some of the girls were beginning to yellow up quite a bit so I went ahead and top dressed most of the pots.
The girls that got topped up were Vanilla K, GSC #2, LA Choc, & Jack Herer. They each received 4 shovel scoops.

Topdress Mix - 50% Worm Castings / 50% Composted Soil

thumb_IMG_2196_1024.jpg

I also added some aloe vera and veggie soup to one of my waterings this past week.
Aloe Vera Juice - 1 shot glass to 2 gallons of water
Veggie Soup - 4 shot glasses to 2 gallons of water

thumb_IMG_2287_1024.jpg

Pest Control / Prevention -
Leaf inspection only. No pest observed.

Weekly Summary
Buds are stacking, trichomes are coming along well, some of the girls are beginning their color transition, and I'm working double time to keep my home from smelling like a reefer farm.
Life is good. :slide:

I've installed a DIY carbon filter to help with the odor and it seems to be working well. Unless the girls get disturbed the aroma is not noticeable to my desensitized nose until I open up the tent.

I was planning to install a second fan to drop my temps but after taking a good hard look at my tent frame I've decided not to hang anymore weight from the frame. I don't want to push my luck this late in the game.
I'm unsure if I'll just leave things as is or install the second fan outside of the tent with a suction hose routed inside. TBA.

The Cookie Monster is beginning to really strut her stuff. It appears that the buds are going to be huge. Bamboo stakes may be needed on this one in the coming weeks.

Group Pic -
22087.jpg

LSD

thumb_IMG_2275_1024_copy.jpg

LA Chocolat

thumb_IMG_2273_1024_copy.jpg

Vanilla Kush

thumb_IMG_2277_1024_copy.jpg

Jack Herer

thumb_IMG_2274_1024_copy.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies #2

thumb_IMG_2276_1024_copy.jpg

Girls Scout Cookies #1 (Cookie Monster)

thumb_IMG_2291_1024_copy.jpg

New Addition - LA Chocolat Clone (added September 20th)

thumb_IMG_2278_1024_copy.jpg

Before I wrap things up, I'd like to invite everyone to check out my new grow journal. The link is embedded in my signature.
This new journal is intended to be more of a perpetual flow type thing so we'll see how it goes.

Weaselcracker, LEDBud, and TheCelt have already arrived and kicked off the party and LEDBud has even agreed to take on the bartender duties. Thanks LEDBud!! :high-five::Namaste:

Herbs are on the house, just bring your own lighters if you don't mind. Lighters always seem to disappear around my place for some reason....

That about does it for the Ganja Grove activities this past week.

Keep it green :420: friends.
:blunt::peace:

Awesome grow UC. I'll head over to the new farm...
Uh, this is it isn't it?
Damn sativa....

What's up my bayou brother? I assume that you must be back in action.
:thumb::high-five:

Thanks for the comps brudda. :Namaste:
Same farm, just a new journal. I've got a new batch percolating in the Romper Room tent so I decided to start one of those perpetual flow journals.

Let me know if you have trouble finding the new journal. I can have T-Boy meet you at the end of the gravel road and you can follow him the rest of the way. ;)

Gotta' love those sativa's!!
:blunt::tokin:

I know this one has come to a close but WOW. This has been the most enjoyable day I've had on this forum. Wicker baskets man... fkn Wicker baskets! Not only is your set up spotless, it has flare. My mate! Love it.

This's one of the most beautiful gardens i'v seen on this site , fucking amazing man !! and i enjoyed reading through ur journal , many things to learn , great job dude , cheers :volcano-smiley:

Whoa....!!! :thanks::Namaste:
I'm flattered by the compliments but if you were to stumble across all of the mishaps that are hidden within these 37 pages you'd be laughing instead of passing along compliments. LOL!!
I'll let the girls know that we have some new peaking Tom's and/or Theresa's cheering them on. :clap:

Vanilla Kush and LA Chocolat are nearing the finish line so there may be a bit of excitement coming soon to break the boredom. Feel free to stick around for the end of the show if you'd like.
:peace:

I'm definitely staying around :)
I wanna ask u few questions if it's possible .. first do u think defoliation is important during flowering ?ur girls look abit bushy i think, but still so healthy and beautiful ofcourse.
the second is about the bubble hash , is it a must to use dried trim ? i'm a new grower and i'm keeping my trim right away in the freezer without drying them , would they still make good bubble hash ? , and if i have the small 1 gallon bubble bags how many grams of fresh frozen trim should i use per batch ?
Thank u very much in advance
Cheers :lot-o-toke:

I'm definitely staying around :)
I wanna ask u few questions if it's possible .. first do u think defoliation is important during flowering ?ur girls look abit bushy i think, but still so healthy and beautiful ofcourse.
the second is about the bubble hash , is it a must to use dried trim ? i'm a new grower and i'm keeping my trim right away in the freezer without drying them , would they still make good bubble hash ? , and if i have the small 1 gallon bubble bags how many grams of fresh frozen trim should i use per batch ?
Thank u very much in advance
Cheers :lot-o-toke:

Not to steal the spotlight from my mate UC. I do have over a decade in hash and bubble hash processing. The most important thing you need to figure out is do you want hash or bubble hash! Dry cured trim will give you brick like hash. Fresh lightly cured trim will give you sticky icky bubble hash that is more often used to dab with vs smoke. I wouldn't process more than an ounce or two in the 1 gal bags, though that is me. Best of luck mate! Processing hash becomes an art form itself once you figure it all out. There is no shortage of members in here that I'm sure would be happy to share what they know with you!

Since you froze it already, I'd shoot for bubble hash or live resin. Keep the terps as best ya can.

Not to steal the spotlight from my mate UC. I do have over a decade in hash and bubble hash processing. The most important thing you need to figure out is do you want hash or bubble hash! Dry cured trim will give you brick like hash. Fresh lightly cured trim will give you sticky icky bubble hash that is more often used to dab with vs smoke. I wouldn't process more than an ounce or two in the 1 gal bags, though that is me. Best of luck mate! Processing hash becomes an art form itself once you figure it all out. There is no shortage of members in here that I'm sure would be happy to share what they know with you!

Thank u man , i understand , i actually prefer brick like hash so i'll start drying trim from now on , but still it's good to do both and see differences .

Back
Top Bottom