UncleCannabis' Indoor Ganja Grove - Organic Soil - Sea of Green

Last week when I arrived Phoenix had the coldest temps in the nation for two days straight. It's been unseasonably chilly here. LOL! The weekend of New Years is notorious for being the coldest in Pittsburgh though, so I'm glad I'll be here in the desert basin missing the deep chills of January along the Monongahela.

I've had the "displeasure" of spending Christmas snowed in at the Pittsburgh airport once (for 3 days). I also spent the months of January and February of 88' running around the piney woods of Ft. Dix, NJ playing with explosives and sleeping under the stars during one of the worst NE winters on record (at that time). At that time, especially during the numerous blizzards and ice storms I would have traded anything - right leg, left arm, a hand or finger, a kidney, you name it - to be in Phoenix or any other place where ice would melt if left outside rather than having to endure those NE winter storms.

Enjoy your trip my friend. I hope you return to PA with a winter tan. :high-five:

Last week when I arrived Phoenix had the coldest temps in the nation for two days straight. It's been unseasonably chilly here. LOL! The weekend of New Years is notorious for being the coldest in Pittsburgh though, so I'm glad I'll be here in the desert basin missing the deep chills of January along the Monongahela.

First off... hey there UC - nice buds there buddy... some of the best gardens I've seen in quite some time. That's a nice green grow you have going there. Keep up the great work - love to see folks tearing it up all organic and sustainable. REPs for that!!

Hey there SS - whaaa no canna? ouch. Weather forcast for Christmas eve here in eastern PA is .... wait for it..... 74 BOOM - shorts weather. Wow I won't know how to act, actually I will, shorts and a long sleeve tee and get out and about.

I really really like snow and the cold weather. I live for snow as we X-country ski, looks like we are going to have to travel north for some of that this year.

Keep it green!

A factoid about flushing I ahem flushed out the other day:

Flushing will actually work marginally and only in very poor soil AND it takes 2000 times the amount of water to amount of SANDY soil to flush 20% of the metals/minerals/organic compounds out. So say good-bye to any roots and plants not to mention the water bill and your effort. So yeah doesn't work unless you're working on a super-fund site and even then marginal AT BEST.

What I did was look at it from another view - how flushing is used to clean up waste sites .... there's been a ton of testing all of which points to failure. We can even read about it on the internet.

Good luck with that!

Uncle Cannabis is showing us that we don't needs any chemicals to kill it growing greens. :Namaste:

Hey there BB. Thanks for the compliment brother. I've been meaning to pay you visit and peak on your purple pineberry grow - maybe already harvested by now...?? - but due to pesky work commitments I've been a bit slow to catch up on journals. I'll be stopping by sometime soon to pay you a visit and peak in on your girls. In the meantime, I hope you get some of that snow that you're wanting. :goodluck:
I'll be happily content spending my Christmas/New Year holiday wearing shorts and flip flops. ;):surf:

Wishing you a Merry X-Mas & Happy New Year brother! :peace:

Willow bark works especially well when germinating & on young seedlings. Years ago we'd put an aspirin tablet or two in the dirt around each plant for the salicylic acid.

I have used aspirin many times with cut flowers in a vase to make them last longer. Although I've never seen my roses root in a vase. it does slow the stem rot.

I became aware that I was blissfully replying to a two month old post - ah well - ahem ....

The secret is out. Now we all know who's smoking the really good ganja. :tokin:

Ganja Grove Update - End of Week 8

Lighting / Environmental Conditions -
Lighting —
2 each Mars Sun Series LED's
2 each 144x5 Mars Reflector Series LED
11 hours on / 13 hours off

Lights On -
Temps - 75 to 79 degrees F
RH - 47 to 60%
Lights Off -
Temps - 64 to 68 degrees F
RH - 50 to 65%

Nutrients / Fert's / Stuff —
Added epsom salt to tap water (1 tbsp per gallon) during one of the regular waterings.
Lazy dude bud washing - Artificial rain (1 hour before lights off - sprayed down the garden with tap water followed by quick dry with fans)

Pest Control / Prevention -
Add neem oil (1 tsp per gallon of tap water) to tap water during regular watering.
Monitor leaves for unwanted visitors.
Inspect buds for signs of PM or mold.

End of Week 8 Group Pics —
thumb_IMG_2873_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2874_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2875_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3002_1024_copy.jpg

Lemon Diesel
Lemon_Diesel_1.jpg

Blue Dream
Blue_Dream_13.jpg

Emerald Jack
Emerald_JAck_2.jpg

Strawberry Banana
SB1_copy.jpg

Amherst Sour Diesel
Amherst_1.jpg

Blueberry Headband
BBHB_1.jpg

Qleaner
Qleaner_2.jpg

Cherry OG
Cherry_OG_1.jpg

24K Gold
24K_Gold_1.jpg

Jack Herer
Jack_Herer_1.jpg

Tangie
Tangie_1.jpg

DJ's Gold
DJ_s_Gold_1.jpg

Sour Lemon OG
Sour_Lemon_OG_1.jpg

Grape Ape
Grape_Ape_11.jpg

Chocolate Mint OG
Chopped on the 28th of December. Currently drying in the drying tent.
ChocMint_1.jpg
ChocMint_2.jpg
ChocMint_3.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEARS!! :party::tommy::slide::allgood:

Harvest party in @ 1 month. 15 flavors along with hash and edibles. All of my 420mag pals are invited. :blunt:

Maybe, just maybe, someday in the not so distant future we'll be able to post invites to harvest parties with actual addresses and names - maybe put a "UncleC's Harvest Party" sign out front with some helium filled balloons or have one of those big inflatable gorillas placed at the curb since Grape Ape is on the harvest menu - without having those pesky uninvited guest (aka - da' police) crashing the party.

The Chocolate Mint OG has a mint/pine/fuel/chem type aroma that is quite pungent after being chopped. To my nose I'm not picking up on any chocolate type aromas but there may be some chocolate flavoring to her once dried and cured.
Because she didn't stretch much at all once flipped she'll have the lowest yield of the group. But based on the scent profile I'm thinking that she'll be a heavy hitter which will hopefully offset the lower yield. :tokin:

Ganja Grove Update — Flowering End of Week 9

Hello - again - and Happy New Year to all my 420mag pals. :partyboy::passitleft:

This will be the first journal update of 2016 and what better way to ring in the New Year than with a fruitful harvest of fresh cannabis? :yummy::allgood::yahoo:

Other than the harvest activities beginning to ramp up there hasn't been much in the way of gardening going on other than giving the remaining girls a drink when needed.

Lighting / Environmental Conditions -
Lighting —
2 each Mars Sun Series LED's
2 each 144x5 Mars Reflector Series LED
11 hours on / 13 hours off

Lights On -
Temps - 75 to 79 degrees F
RH - 47 to 60%

Lights Off -
Temps - 64 to 68 degrees F
RH - 50 to 65%

Nutrients / Fert's / Stuff —
None.

Pest Control / Prevention -
Monitor leaves for unwanted visitors.
Inspect buds for signs of PM or mold.

Harvest Activities —
Chocolate Mint OG is now dried and has been curing for a few days now.

Emerald Jack was chopped on Saturday and was trimmed and jarred up today.
thumb_IMG_3008_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3024_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3017_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3025_1024.jpg

DJ's Gold and Blueberry Headband were chopped today, fan leaves were pulled, and they are both hanging out to dry.
thumb_IMG_3106_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3107_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3117_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3141_1024.jpg

Grape Ape and Cherry OG were moved into the drying tent this morning to sit in the dark for a few days while the BBHB and DJ's Gold are drying. They'll be chopped in about 3 days.
thumb_IMG_3142_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3143_1024.jpg

The next ones up will likely be 24K Gold, Amherst Sour D, Strawberry Banana, and Lemon Diesel. It appears that these 4 will be ready to go into extended blackout in about 3 to 4 more days just as the Grape Ape and Cherry OG will be finishing up their blackout and harvest. All of the others appear to have at least another 7 to 10 days or more left to go so it looks like I'll have a few 11+ week finishers.

Assorted End of Week 9 Pics —
thumb_IMG_3092_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3093_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3035_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3090_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3072_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3051_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3110_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3039_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3098_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3128_1024.jpg

That about does it for end of week 9 of flower. Keep em' green friends. :peace::blunt:

Ditto ^^, as usual Unk..
Is that a seed at the top of the bud in the 2nd photo from the bottom? If so, is that a good or bad thing? Couple of free seeds is always good... Couple 100 not so good!
PS just to let you know Bonza is sending me 1 each replacement seeds of the Pine. Chunk, Tutankhamun, and SLH.. Had to order others to get it done but I now have 2 each of Rare Dankness Scotts OG and Moonshine Haze on the way also, both of which I'm REALLY looking forward to smoking as I've read nothing but good things about pretty much all of RDs strains... since I first heard of them a couple of months ago!
And my box is almost finished.. Just figuring out the intake light trap.. Hopefully ready soon.. Most is built but it looks a little small now that it's standing.. Approx 600mm x 1000mm x 1500mm. A Reflector 144x3 going in, so I hope I don't have too much light! Was hoping to get 4 plants at a time in there (about 6 sq ft floor space) for a 4-5 week veg but maybe only 2/3...That's cool. I guess we'll see how good that light is! It will be fun to try!
Anyway, enough about me. As usual your flower room looks literally fantastic. Grape Ape and Emerald jack look especially tasty. I can smell them from here!
Take care and Happy New Year, Unk.

It's good to hear that Bonza will be sending replacement seeds. I hope that they package this shipment so that there are no mix ups like last time. I've heard good things about Rare Dankness but I've never tried any of their strains yet.

I think your light selection will work out perfectly for your space as long as you're able to manage temps. IMHO 4 plants in that size grow space may be a bit too crowded which could result in unwanted disease and pest problems later in bloom.
It may work out best if you could keep your plant count to 2 plants (0.5 sq/meter per plant) and veg for about 6 to 7 weeks before flipping and also do a bit of pruning and defol as needed to maintain good air circulation.
Do you intend to start a journal once your grow space is completed?

Yes that is a seed that you see in the second to last pic. Good eye bother! :thumb:

During week 4 of bloom I spot pollinated each of the girls with some pollen from a SE Asia landrace sativa. I pollinated each of them individually using a toothpick to dab a small amount of pollen on select bud sites. This way I'll have a few seeds from each plant to use as testers but my stash won't be completely seeded as would be the case if I had open pollinated the group. Only one cola on each of the girls will contain a few tester seeds.

Yeah in my head 4 smallish plants would be fine but lookin at the actual floor space, I dunno... That's fine tho'. 2, possibly 3 (smaller ones) will be fine... I really only wanna veg for max 6 weeks, preferably no more than 4; not after pounds at a time. My consumption at the moment is probably 3-4 zips per year. I'm a daily user but I work, you know, and have shit to do on saturdays, usually lol; can't be sitting around creating clouds all day (well, sometimes I do that too..!).
I wanna build a little stash for myself, and probably start using edibles more.. so mite need say 5-6 oz a year.. Like most others, I'm chasing quality over quantity first...
I would LOVE to do a journal. BUT: I'm very lazy! Actually, security is my biggest concern. with the photos and all.. I gotta get off my bum and get a VPN. I'm too tight to pay for it. :icon_roll

I am hearing the 420mag call; I've been getting some snaps of the cab build in anticipation of a journal. Don't worry; if it happens, here and SweetSues place is where the big announcement will be made: The Two Threads where all the 420mag stars hang out!

( I couldn't find an ass-kissing emoji so picture it here)

With @ 310 actual watts of LED I think you'll end up with around 5 to 7 oz's maybe even more depending on the strains and other factors such as skill level, luck, etc... Since your consumption levels are low have you considered planting multiple strains in a planting bed type arrangement instead of individual pots and going 12/12 directly from seed? Growing in this way versus individual pots give you mostly single colas with low per plant yields but you would have multiple strains to choose from depending on the occasion or desired effect. Sativas or sativa heavy hybrids for daytime use, indicas or indica heavy hybrids for late afternoons, evenings, or lazy Sunday veg on the couch watching Simpson rerun kind of days, maybe a high CBD strain or two. No nets or staking are needed using this method either.
You could custom build an open top box out of re-purposed plywood and line it with a tarp or plastic sheeting or maybe even find a cheap plastic tote that would fit neatly within your grow place. Anyways, this is just a suggestion. By no means am I suggesting that this would be "the best" way. I'm sure that you've carefully considered your options and know what will likely work best for your particular needs.

I know what you mean about internet security concerns. I'm in a place where internet privacy protections are on par with the likes of N. Korea and China.
*If THE MAN is watching I'd like to extend my sincere thanks for not busting down my door - yet... - and hauling me off to a place that I'd rather not be. :Namaste::thanks:

I didn't realize that I had so many 420mag stars stopping by until reading your comment and letting it sink in for a minute or 2. I was about to disagree with you since I know this is not one of the more popular journals on this site. But your comment made me realize that of the few pals that are frequent visitors most do have mad grow skills and years of knowledge and grow experience. In fact, many of my - or rather "our" pals here are past and current Members of the Month, Nugget of the Month / Year winners, etc. I'm not going to drop names but you know who they are. :)

All of a sudden I feel special - like the kid that licks windows and eats buggers but still gets to hang out with the cool crowd. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom