UncleCannabis' Indoor Ganja Grove - Organic Soil - Sea of Green

All of the girls seem to be happy and healthy. When the girls are happy UncleC is also happy. :grinjoint:

I'm still quite busy with work but I'll be stopping by to pay my old friends a visit as time allows. In the meantime, it's good to be back. Take care friends.
:peace:

I'll say! Those girls are beyond happy. Looks like they're ready to step out and do some dancing somewhere. Great job. Love the wicker baskets. :thumb:

Awesome plants there uncle, subbed!

About the flushing thing, think of it this way.

Don't call it flushing call it water uptake cleansing!

Like you said the plant takes up the bits it needs so you give it only water forcing it to uptake water and use all the remaining nutes it has within itself to finish cause all it can take up is water, so the bites that are getting flushed out are only getting flushed out the soil not the plant, the nutes stored up in the plant are used up and then replaced by water.

I thought I'd left you a welcome back right after your morning post, but it isn't to be found. I probably forgot to hit post. LOL! Welcome back, dear friend. Man! Did we miss you! :love: :battingeyelashes: :kisstwo:

It's so good to see that tasty garden again.

Hahaha! It was in the other journal. Man, did I confuse myself there. Super blonde moment. :laughtwo:

Those plants look insanely healthy and beautiful, as usual.
You know how when you run away from home and then later you go back and your mom is like 'oh darling ❤️we missed you so much where have you been my little ❤️sugar puff are you ok" and then she gives you a good smack and starts screeching at you?
Well, we missed you tons and all, and even won't smack you around too hard... but ummmm...
.... Don't do it again.
Harvest party is at your place.
Post harvest party that is.

Lookin good, Unk. Good to see you're back.. Was a bit worried!
Take it easy, my friend.

Those plants look insanely healthy and beautiful, as usual.
You know how when you run away from home and then later you go back and your mom is like 'oh darling ❤️we missed you so much where have you been my little ❤️sugar puff are you ok" and then she gives you a good smack and starts screeching at you?
Well, we missed you tons and all, and even won't smack you around too hard... but ummmm...
.... Don't do it again.
Harvest party is at your place.
Post harvest party that is.

LMAO!! Thanks for not giving me the smack down that is well deserved.
Open invitation for a harvest party. I've got so much dope jarred up I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what to do with it. :scratchinghead:

Lookin good, Unk. Good to see you're back.. Was a bit worried!
Take it easy, my friend.

Thanks for the warm welcome back. I hope all is well in your world.

I'll say! Those girls are beyond happy. Looks like they're ready to step out and do some dancing somewhere. Great job. Love the wicker baskets. :thumb:

Thanks for the compliment Jim. As long as they come back home when the party is over they can do all the dancing that they want to. :party:

Welcome back Uncle. Garden looks great as usual. Mid bloom pics are always really pretty. We'll have to catch up on the strains since we grew several at/near the same time. The double dose of Thai in the Cherry OG has gotten my attention after initial vapes. :Namaste:

Hey there BL. I'm glad to hear that the Cherry OG is worth a mention. My Cherry OG girl sure does smell like she's got some power under the hood. As you say, we sure do have some some catching up to do regarding some of the common strains that we've recently grown. I'll be dropping by your place soon. I'll bring along some LA Chocolat to puff on while we catch up. :yummy::bong:

Those girls are spectacular UncleC, awesome training:thumb:

Thanks for the comp buddy. I didn't really do much in the way of training them this time. I topped and pruned them only once. After topping I left 4 branches which were pulled down and tied off. It was a one time S&M session.

Awesome plants there uncle, subbed!

About the flushing thing, think of it this way.

Don't call it flushing call it water uptake cleansing!

Like you said the plant takes up the bits it needs so you give it only water forcing it to uptake water and use all the remaining nutes it has within itself to finish cause all it can take up is water, so the bites that are getting flushed out are only getting flushed out the soil not the plant, the nutes stored up in the plant are used up and then replaced by water.

Hey there Doc Green. Welcome aboard. Pull up a chair or a beanbag and make yourself at home.

The flushing discussion took place while I was MIA so I did not contribute but I do agree with what was said.
I think that Cajun, Sue, and Brightlight all gave some very good explanations regarding the logic behind flushing as well as how it should be approached if one would like to flush if growing in containers with soil.

IMHO flushing is pointless if growing in soil with 100% organic methods. If growing in soil outdoors (not in containers) and using synthetic fertilizers the likelihood of being able to flush salts and other synthetic contaminants from the plant and soil and leach these contaminants through the sub-soil or below the root zone seems very unlikely. Hydroponic grows on the other hand do benefit from flushing. My 2 cents anyways. :peace:

I thought I'd left you a welcome back right after your morning post, but it isn't to be found. I probably forgot to hit post. LOL! Welcome back, dear friend. Man! Did we miss you! :love: :battingeyelashes: :kisstwo:

It's so good to see that tasty garden again.

Hahaha! It was in the other journal. Man, did I confuse myself there. Super blonde moment. :laughtwo:

Was it really my double journals that caused the blonde moment? Are you sure those delicious brownies of yours didn't contribute to that blonde moment? :tokin:

Thanks buddy. It's good to be back. :high-five:

Ganja Grove Update - End of Week 7

Considering that I have not provided any detailed updates since the girls were in the veg tent I’ll make an attempt to summarize what’s been going on the Grove over the past several weeks.

Lighting / Environmental Conditions -
Week 1 to Week 4 of Bloom:
Lighting –
4 each Mars Sun Series LED’s
2 each 144x5 Mars Reflector Series LED’s
Lights On -
Temps - 82 to 85 degrees F
RH - 45 to 65%
Lights Off -
Temps - 64 to 68 degrees F
RH - 50 to 65%

Week 4 to Week 6 of Bloom:
Lighting –
2 each 96x5 Mars Reflector Series LED’s
Lights On -
Temps - 80 to 82 degrees F
RH - 45 to 60%
Lights Off -
RH - 50 to 65%

Week 6 to Week 7 of Bloom:
Lighting –
1 each 144x5 Mars Reflector Series LED
Lights On -
Temps - 75 to 79 degrees F
RH - 45 to 60%
Lights Off -
RH - 50 to 65%

Nutrients / Fert's / Stuff –
Transplant – Added aloe vera and coconut water to tap water when watering after transplant from 1 gal veg pots to bloom pots.

End of Week 2 - 2 small garden shovel scoops of worm castings with rice hulls mixed in for aeration added to each pot.

End of Week 4 – 2 small garden shovel scoops of worm casting/recycled soil/dolomite lime mixed in added to each pot. Spike aeration.
Added molasses to tap water (1/2 tsp per gallon) during one of the regular waterings.

End of Week 6 – 2 small garden shovel scoops of worm castings with rice hulls mixed in for aeration to each pot.

End of Week 7 (Today) – All plants except Chocolate Mint OG received 2 small garden shovel scoops of worm castings/recycled soil/crushed pumice stone/rice hulls/perlite. Spike aeration.

Pest Control / Prevention -
Week 1 of bloom – Neem oil spray (1/2 strength) applied at 3 day intervals.

Week 2 of bloom – Neem oil spray (1/2 strength) applied at 3 day intervals.

Week 3 of bloom – Neem oil spray (1/2 strength) applied once.

Week 4 of bloom – Neem oil spray (1/2 strength) applied once. Milk/honey/water solution applied once as a spray application.

End of week 4 until current time – Once per week add neem oil (1 tsp per gallon of tap water) to tap water during regular watering. Monitor leaves for unwanted visitors. Inspect buds for signs of PM or mold.

End of Week 7 Group Pics –
thumb_IMG_2785_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2786_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2792_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2787_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2788_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2790_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2815_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2806_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2810_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2799_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2802_1024.jpg

The aroma when opening up the tent is like sensory overload!!

Soil Update -
In addition to growing ganja I also have lots of beans growing in my soil bins. I've been allowing them to grow about a month or so then I turn them under and follow up another planting.

This is the pot/soil that the Cookie Monster was flowered in. After adding a few light amendments I planted some green onion and parsley which will keep the soil microbes going strong while providing me with some free produce for cooking.

I also picked up a few bags of bio-char this week and added some to one of my bins.
thumb_IMG_2819_1024.jpg

That's about does it for end of week 7 but before I hit the reply button I'd like wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
:peace::ganjamon::Namaste:

That's how I feel when my nose passes too close to the Strawberry Banana (DNA Genetics). LOL!!
The aroma that girl is putting out has me salivating. :drool::yummy::drool:

Excellent update Uncle. Those close up trichome shots show some potent herb. Great gardening!:goodjob:

Thanks for the compliment brother. :Namaste:
It does seem that the trichomes are coming along nicely. It's obvious that there are some really fine cannabis genes shining through in most of these girls.

Thanks for the retro update. Very interesting to see it all laid out like that. I'm thinking that might be something I'd like to add into my journals. Hadn't considered doing anything like that until I was reading your post.

My blonde moment couldn't have been caused by my delicious brownies. I'm vacationing in Phoenix and she doesn't permit any cannabis in the house. I know, my choice. I'm here for two months. I won't be able to blame the blonde moments on being high. :laughtwo:

Sure is good to have you back. :kisstwo:

WHAT DID YOU SAY....???? NO POT ALLOWED IN THE HOUSE....???
Sounds like a crisis situation!! Surely there's some kind of loophole or technicality that you could use to get around this. Is pot forbidden in the back yard? Have you met any "cool" neighbors yet?

Just kidding my friend. It's great to hear that you're enjoying some quality time with friends and that you'll be enjoying the sunny AZ skies this winter. Do ya' think that you'll miss those nasty NE winter storms? LOL!!

Back
Top Bottom