Unforgiven's - Picture-A-Day - Barney's Critical Kush - DWC

gotta remember that this is their week 1 veg nutes on the chart eh.

just thought about that. like i said b4, they must have tested their charts before releasing them right?

I think their nute numbers must be given in yen or some other numbering system I'm not familiar with! :)

You can't "force-feed" the plant. It's only going to uptake what it wants/needs. As growers, we just need to make sure what it wants/needs is there, and the plant will tell you if it wants/needs something.

Giving a little more than what it wants is fine, but too much more and you'll be dealing with some real problems.

If you want to "play" at those PPM levels, that's fine, but as I said earlier, I'd up the PPM's slowly and see how she takes it. If you see some yellowing at the leaf tips, you'll want to back of the PPM's.

Making big jumps in PPM's like that, to those levels, is really like playing Russian Roulette with your plants. :goodluck:

gotta remember that this is their week 1 veg nutes on the chart eh.

just thought about that. like i said b4, they must have tested their charts before releasing them right?

Oh I got you . You are following directions . First yes they would have had test it any reliable company would . If their recommendations started killing plants they would go out of business .

But no two plants are the same in regards to how they feed unless they are clones . In my earlier post (the other day) when I was talking about mfg instructions I was referring to mixing order . In regards to the plants I always start low and work my way up looking for the sweet spot in regards to ppms . You could say I look for the perfect amount of food for them.

great feedback from all of you guys. love it.

gave her a checkup....

she looks fine so far, but it's only been just over 3 hours. have a bunch of work to do in there tonight, so i'll be around.

the stats.....PH: 5.7.....RT: 63.2....PPM: 1580....guess we'll see what we see.

now in the public interest in this experiment i'm gonna cheat and add a couple new pics today. (s'posed to be pic a day, lol)

light at this end of tent....
20160815_205145.jpg

and light at the far end of tent....
20160815_205103.jpg

for what it's worth, there she is in 2 differing light conditions.

have at er eh

great feedback from all of you guys. love it.

gave her a checkup....

she looks fine so far, but it's only been just over 3 hours. have a bunch of work to do in there tonight, so i'll be around.

the stats.....PH: 5.7.....RT: 63.2....PPM: 1580....guess we'll see what we see.

now in the public interest in this experiment i'm gonna cheat and add a couple new pics today. (s'posed to be pic a day, lol)

light at this end of tent....
20160815_205145.jpg

and light at the far end of tent....
20160815_205103.jpg

for what it's worth, there she is in 2 differing light conditions.

have at er eh

Cheat away ! Your welcome ... We have to help keep each other in check . Lol

yes, i follow mfg charts for amounts and the order in which they are added.

they would definately do it in a controlled situation, like u say, clones likely. but avtually if they are a good company, they would also do controlled wreckage to test the bad too.

so yeah, yesterday (i think it was) we were talking here about the ppms an such. thats where some of it really clicked for me. the ppms show the plants usage. and this is where finding the ppms she wants and needs is what I NEED to figger out. but i am just learnin myself this stuff. so it will take some time( a lot likely) to really get a handle on it all. thing is, i enjoy it, and i am mostly home 24/7 so if my girls need me they got me.

thanks again to everyone for helping in this lil sideshow of nute nutz.

have fun eh

Oh I got you . You are following directions . First yes they would have had test it any reliable company would . If their recommendations started killing plants they would go out of business .

But no two plants are the same in regards to how they feed unless they are clones . In my earlier post (the other day) when I was talking about mfg instructions I was referring to mixing order . In regards to the plants I always start low and work my way up looking for the sweet spot in regards to ppms . You could say I look for the perfect amount of food for them.

I use jungle juice and full strength per bottle, plus sensi calmax plus and voodoo gave me 1750 ppm. I drained a gallon and put a gallon of 3 ppm RO water and I'm about 1100. So I don't know where AN gets their dosing information from. But my orange peppers like the 1700. And if I were growing tomatoes they would like it.. I'm surprised weed doesn't like high nutes like tomatoes, since the plants are the same size... My NYC diesel is drinking as much water as tomatoes..

here's the charts i use. they have a download you can adjust volume of water to, so i did. i'm using 3 gallons.

needed to add these to this thread anyhow...shoulda been sooner lol, but better late than never.

first one is their basic chart. last res was week 2 veg.
20160815_220944.jpg

and now the extreme that i am trying today at week 1 veg.
20160815_220739.jpg

have fun eh

here's the charts i use. they have a download you can adjust volume of water to, so i did. i'm using 3 gallons.

needed to add these to this thread anyhow...shoulda been sooner lol, but better late than never.

20160815_220944.jpg

20160815_220739.jpg

have fun eh

Such a huge difference in some, and all those added nutes or whatever. No clue what half of that on there is, but daaaaaaamn. lol

:thumb:

20160815_220944.jpg

20160815_220739.jpg

have fun eh

20160815_220944.jpg

20160815_220739.jpg

have fun eh

OK...So, the first thing I notice about those charts is that there are NO PPM numbers. So, the nute guys are giving you a recipe and not a target PPM.

Next thing I notice is that while most nutes give ml's per either liter or gallon of water, that chart use ml's per THREE IMPERIAL GALLONS. One imperial gallons is equal to 1.2 US gallons.

So, they're telling you how many ml's to add to 3.6 US gallons of water.

Are you sure you mixed them properly when you gave those PPM #'s???
:tokin:

OK...So, the first thing I notice about those charts is that there are NO PPM numbers. So, the nute guys are giving you a recipe and not a target PPM.

Next thing I notice is that while most nutes give ml's per either liter or gallon of water, that chart use ml's per THREE IMPERIAL GALLONS. One imperial gallons is equal to 1.2 US gallons.

So, they're telling you how many ml's to add to 3.6 US gallons of water.

Are you sure you mixed them properly when you gave those PPM #'s???
:tokin:

Yes the gallons measurement is very important . I am surprised that they don't list a ppm level on their feeding chart . Just at a quick glance it is twice as much grow which usually has the most (N) , about 6 X more micro ! ( which is generally a base ) and 4x as much bloom which generally holds your highest values of ( p k ). Looks like they are looking to get that root zone thumping durning vegetative grown and help promote a stockier plant . Hmm.

Edited - just out of curiosity in what order do you add your nutes Unforgiven ?

I use AN jungle juice. They give no ppm rating at strength. They don't know what you are growing, or what stage.. Not everyone is growing weed. Tomatoes use need in flower 2500 ppm.. Lettuce Needs 300. AN has no feed table. I've used general hydroponic floro nova. The gave a dosing recommendation for growth stages but no ppm..

Your right they don't know what your growing but most are geared for a flowering plant that needs 12/12 :)

Here is a chart for what you are using with ppm values Turbostang flora nova chart

I use AN jungle juice. They give no ppm rating at strength. They don't know what you are growing, or what stage.. Not everyone is growing weed. Tomatoes use need in flower 2500 ppm.. Lettuce Needs 300. AN has no feed table. I've used general hydroponic floro nova. The gave a dosing recommendation for growth stages but no ppm..

Also both say gallon nothing about imperial gallon

I really don't care that they don't post the actual PPM's. I'm more concerned with following the directions correctly! :)

I was specifically referring to Unforgiven, first, mentioning that the nutes had been tested at the PPM's he was stating and; second, that the nute chart he posted SPECIFICALLY said it was per THREE Imperial gallons.

Forget about the fact that there's a 1.2 conversion from Imperial. I'm more worried that it's per THREE gallons (Imperial) and Unforgiven may have mixed for just one gallon instead of 3.6 which would explain the unusually high PPM's.

I really don't care that they don't post the actual PPM's. I'm more concerned with following the directions correctly! :)

I was specifically referring to Unforgiven, first, mentioning that the nutes had been tested at the PPM's he was stating and; second, that the nute chart he posted SPECIFICALLY said it was per THREE Imperial gallons.

Forget about the fact that there's a 1.2 conversion from Imperial. I'm more worried that it's per THREE gallons (Imperial) and Unforgiven may have mixed for just one gallon instead of 3.6 which would explain the unusually high PPM's.

/\ truth right there.

wow!!! busy thread today whilst i was working away. lol

so first off, i want to thank everyone for checking in and helping me out here. very much appreciated guys.

i will only address the elephant in the room, i think that was the only thing directly of concern, mostly to mr.krip, but everyone was talking about it.

if you stop and read that post that has been quoted sooo many times i'm not going to quote it. above the pictures, i explained that i printed out the charts in 3 gallon measurement. me lazy...me not wanna do math if me don't have to. lmao.

just for info sake tho, i did also print off the liters chart and made a 1 imp gallon chart as well, cuz that is how much i mix at a time for my soil pots.

so, i have to thank you mr.krip for catching that, if someone hadn't planned it that way, or noticed it, yes they would have been in a wee spot of trouble. but, mr.krip....neener neener neener, you didn't read the post that went with it!!! lmfao no worries bud. good on ya for watching out for a brother. it is a rather shocking amount of nutes and it would cause issue for some.

i was referring to the nutes being tested at these levels of usage, whether it be ppm or as the chart shows just the mls per liter, or whatever size you print out for charts. in my case 3 imp gallons.

from nopain "Edited - just out of curiosity in what order do you add your nutes Unforgiven ?"
i add my nutes in the order they are on the chart. from top to bottom, mixing all the while.

i think that about covers it for now.....maybe lol

any other questions or pointers feel free to add them.

update coming right away!!!

day 36 here on the farm, lol

well you guys were all right, i was all wrong, first to admit it too.

she has done shriveled up like a burnt turd.

the stats stayed about the same but boy is she crispy...

so now that we have the fun n' games over with, how bout a real update?

day 36 and on we go. she is loving the new nute regime so far. still watching her closely mind you. just in case. roots look good too.

the stats:.... T: 71.6...RH: 47....PH: 5.9....REST: 58.2....PPM: 1560.....lil bit cool, but that was 2 ice bottles put in bout an hour before.

s'pose i best give you guys a pic with this real update eh?...lol
20160816_183427.jpg

there she is,

have fun eh

Back
Top Bottom