murricanGiz

0022907.jpg

0032789.jpg

0042604.jpg

0072032.jpg

0081841.jpg

0091644.jpg

0101498.jpg

These are pics of my room. It's fairly small. I did have the lights lowered more, and the humidifier going. The air was nice and cool, and I did the "back hand" check to see if it felt warm, which it did not. I recently transplanted them into bigger pots, due to me not putting a lot of soil into the small pots I used for them to sprout out of. I was just worried they didn't have enough soil, which is why I moved them into big pots. I watered them, and I think I may have watered them too much, because the next day they were drooping a bit. Later on in the day, they were all looking happy again. I've noticed spots on my leaves, and decided to move the lights further away. The spots looked white, but after moving the lights they looked more of a yellowish. I try to keep the humidity at 60-70%, and temperature is usually always around 23-26. Thank you in advance! ^_^ I dont want my babies to die... My first grow died at seedling stage. These have gotten farther! :)
I've only added a stick to the soil, that dissolves over time. Been using tap water to water them. The last time I did, I raised the pH of it to 6, before watering my plants. Anything else that I left out? I hope I answered all questions. :D
Specs: 60x60x160 (grow room)
125w CFL w/ reflector (16/8 light schedule)
humidifier
small fan

They seem to be doing fine? Really? I really hope they are!! I will be getting BioBizz 3pack soon. Ideal for 2-4 plants, it said. Should I not use any of it? I'm speaking about this one. Thank you! I hope to learn a lot, and meet nice people.
Amazon: Biobizz NA Try-Pack Indoor Fertilizer, 250ml, 3-Pack

1666656635680.png

I recently transplanted them into bigger pots, due to me not putting a lot of soil into the small pots I used for them to sprout out of. I was just worried they didn't have enough soil, which is why I moved them into big pots.

Hi murricanGiz

I would advise to keep the plant in a small pot for as long as you can, at least for a couple of weeks, then transplant it to a final pot. By doing so, you develop more root mass.

When you place a seedling straight into a big container, you usually develop less root mass because the tiny roots from a seedling shoot straight down without developing a strong base close to the plant. With a strong root base, there's simply more (quality) roots to spread.

When I was growing in soil, I kept my plants for two to three weeks in a yoghurt cup 0.2l. When the roots began to curl around the walls of the yoghurt cup, I knew that a solid root mass has formed and that the plant outgrew it's container. Then, I transplanted it in the final pot.

You should also let the soil dry before you water it again. For instance, I would turn my small plant up side down (to check the roots) and it would slide out of the yoghurt cup effortlessly. That's how dry the soil was. And that's how dry it should be when you transplant.

Your little ones look fine to me. Just don't drown them :) And, as AngryBird said, they don't need nutes in this stage. Only a root stimulator and a a few drops of enzymes.

All the best.

Awesome! I will definitely start a journal and update it, as I go. Thanks for putting my worries to ease.
No problem, I know how easy it is to panic and worry.. but here you are in good hands

81Dn5Vh1_9L_SL1500_.jpg

This is the one I have. It contains BioGrow, BioBloom, and TopMax. I was reading on their website and saw that BioBloom and TopMax shouldn't really be used until further down the road. As far as BioGrow, it basically said that it could be used as soon as the plant grew leaves. My only concern is the stick that I added to the soil. Apparently it only dissolves as much as is needed (some type of gel), but I'm not sure if that's exactly how it works. The Root-Juice and/or BioBloom seem to be more of what I would need right now, but sadly those didn't come with that 3pack. Anyone know if the BioGrow is okay for me to use at this time?

Well, your magic trio definitely lacks a root stimulator, in this case "Root Juice" and I suggest you get that one A.S.A.P. Very important in the beginning. You can skip the enzymes if you must, but not the root stimulator.

BioGrow is for veg phase, you should use it but sparingly. At this stage I wouldn't give them any of that, in a week or so start 1/4 strength then gradually increase. But again, I have no experience with BioBizz in particular. This is more of a general advice.

Stick? What stick?

What kind of soil are you growing in?
You had the raise the PH of your water to 6.0?

It's Premium Flower Soil. Has 4 stars on the bag. Yeah, the PH from my tap water is in the 5range. Heard/read that the water should be around 6-6.2 for optimum uptake of nutrients/etc. I placed the order for Root Juice. Will get here on Monday. Hope they hang tough until then. I'm worried now, especially since the spots are getting a little brown.

It's Premium Flower Soil. Has 4 stars on the bag. Yeah, the tap water at my house is in the 5 range. I heard/read that it's best to use water with 6-6.2ph, since the plant has better uptake. I'm not sure to be honest.... My girlfriend told me that. : I did order some Root Juice, but it won't get here until Monday. Hope they hang tough until then... I'm a bit worried, since the spots are now turning a bit brown. :S

welcome to 420 murrican.

first, the fluff, nice work and so on.

now the tuff. croatsan hit the right note on up potting. and watering. a simple way to tell without tipping the pot to check roots, is when looking from above your leaves should be covering the surface of the pot. until then, it is too small to transplant.

at this point, you have a couple choices, while it's still early.

1: wait it out. because you put such a small plant into such a large pot, you won't likely see much plant growth at all until the roots come closer to filling the pot.

2: carefully scoop out the plant with soil about the same size as it was when you transplanted, and put it back into the smaller container, which you of course have drainage holes in yes?

oh, and in regards to the "stick" remove it. it's too early for any nutes yet.

and remember.....

have fun eh

Back
Top Bottom