Unknown Strains — First Closet Grow: April to July

Its nice to see that older memebers get alot more comments, rather than the members in need of assistance who have almost all correct information showed. Just a thought

That really isn't true. I do my best to get everyone's questions answered. I really try hard to especially help new growers. If you aren't getting answers to your questions in your journal, please feel free to post another thread in the appropriate area or pm me. ;-)

Yes, what's your ph? What's your temps? Looks like a ph/temp problem to me.

Hey,
Ms.Fox - I didnt mean to sound quite how it did, and i realise not all people read/follow journals day by day, so thanks for your response.

Temps seem fine: 26c
PH Levels is one thing i cant check, as i dont have a tester kit. Its most likely the problem though, as the nute build-up has been too much for her.

I flushed Jane with about 7L of luke-warm water. Best i could do. Also pruned - but the whole plant is almost taken over, all the small leaves near the secondary colas, everywhere.

I hope she recovers, but i have nothing here to add to the soil, other than my already purchased nutes (did i mention its a 'poor mans grow'?!) so im not sure what todo next. I cant tell but honestly looks likes she just getting worse.

Any ideas on how to either; check my PH with very minimal household items / help reset the PH of the soil?

Thanks for all your comments, i dont want to post anymore photos just yet, but let me just say shes alot worse then yesterday. :/

Ok, well you did the right thing and flushed. I would give nothing but distilled water or tap water that has sat out overnight until she starts to perk up. No more nutes until you get an adequate ph tester, which you can get at a hydro store or even online. Even the cheap drop ph tester would be better than nothing. ;-) Also a bottle of ph up and down will be needed. Your harvest time is likely going to be pushed back due to these issues, but don't worry about that now.

Hey there fuuji, it can be frustrating when you don't get responses especially when you're having an issue...try posting this in the pests and problems forum, there are a TON of journals to keep up with. I'm having a small problem myself right now but after 2-3 days it hasn't really spread or anything but I'd like to figure it out in case it does.

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

According to that thread it LOOKS like a calcium or manganese deficiency, read the descriptions of those two and see which one fits better. Both are immobile nutrients but calcium is a macronutrient and manganese is a micronutrient. From what I understand manganese deficiencies are much rarer than calcium. As Ms. Fox mentioned this could be a lockout due to pH imbalance...I use the liquid pH tester on my run-off water, it gets me in the ballpark but not an exact reading like one would get with a digital meter. Mine was $6 and let me know I had a high pH level in my soil for a few days after transplanting, now it reads 7 after every watering with distilled water. I usually add some soil to the vial to mix in with it just to be sure.

10/06/09:
Day #23 - Hi Lil Neutrino, thanks for your concern. I just woke up again, and yup, shes gotten worse... how sensitive was she to the nutes?!!
Ive got quite a bit todo today for once, but going to pick up a tester later today hopefully.

I hope its not to late. Janes buds were coming along nicely, now i feel im past the point of no return for her :(

New pictures later :thanks:

hi did you flush your soil ? if you have no ph up/down is there any point in buying ph meter? if it was me and my poormans grow and i had soil left i would repot them and just water them that is the last thing id do normally but with no money to throw at them flush or repot seems to be only option to me ?????

Actually no matter if you have PH up or down it is still good to know your ph.. There are other ways to adjust your PH.. At the least it will tell you if it is the PH or not..
My opinion is that you are locking out mag and or cal. You need to flush it with distilled water, then you can take your PH readings.. Ease up with the nutes until you get it figured out. If you are using chems they can drop the ph of your water a point or so and add that to an acidic soil and you have lock out....

10/06/09:
Day #22 – Hey, later turned into later later – Got some nice bud in. Anyway, Janes worse, but i pruned to the two top leaves off but shes starting to look more and more bare. Flushed yesterday but might flush again tomorrow.

I have an exam tomorrow morning - then im free!

On the other hand Marys doing well, responding well to the flush i also did yesterday. Stunted growth on both i think, but bud sites have been progressing.
Mary also smells sweet, stinks actualy, and Jane doesnt smell to good – i think due to it being ‘ill’.

No water gived today.
Temps: 25-27c

weedtastic
Thanks for your idea ; thats a possibilty, as i have about a pot or two’s soil left, but surely while trying to get the soil off the roots, i could potentialy damage it?

I didnt get around to buying one today, but its on my list tomorrow.
I still cant decide on what specific nute problem it is, but defintaly just using normal water from now on.

Pics:

Jane:
edited_IMG_4339.jpg

edited_IMG_4341.jpg

edited_IMG_4346.jpg

Mary!: ( I swapped them around )
edited_IMG_4354.jpg

edited_IMG_4360.jpg

edited_IMG_4363.jpg

:peace:

Hey Bro

I'm doing it poor man as well, but found a ph, light, moisture meter combo, at Home depot for $7.00 usd. It's not the best but will give you an idea, where you stand. It seems to me that most problems start from ph problems, and mostly low at that, If I understand fully what I have read. I lucky here using well water ph has been good right out of the tap.

Life without harmony isn't life!

12/06/09:
Day #24 — Alls ok for now i guess — had to re-possition the light as it kept slipping down. Marys progressing nicely — Starting to notice 1 or 2 little black dots though on some leaves, but bud sites are looking nicer every day — with a light 'frost' :)

Janes still not healthy, think she'll be like this from now on?
Thinking about flushing tomorrow as she has shown a few signs of improvement today (13th). But her bud sites are improving nicely, really frosty — still an odd smell though.

Proped mary up so its the same height as i think they've both suffered stunted growth.

Any suggestions welcome.
Pics:

edited_IMG_4398.jpg

edited_IMG_4374.jpg

edited_IMG_4376.jpg

edited_IMG_4386.jpg

edited_IMG_4396.jpg

edited_IMG_4403.jpg

edited_IMG_4406.jpg

edited_IMG_4410.jpg

edited_IMG_4412.jpg

editedIMG_44181.jpg

:yummy:

Hi Fuuji,

Have been meaning to say how much I like the creativeness of the cupboard setup you have got going. Are you finding that heat is a problem? I had a similar germination and clone supboard to yours. AND I shit you not but I had a 250watt HPS lamp melt, yep melt, and it fell apart and nearly put a hole in the bottom of the cupboard!! But, you know, I love opening a cupboard and seeing a grow!! Even better when you can then take them outside and let them flower in the sun,

Dont your scaring me! To be honest i've had horrible thoughts of my light just falling down and squashi... i cant finish lol.
Yeah i love just looking into my cupboard and being memorised :ganjamon:

I realise a 400w HPS is probably more than enough for my 2, i did originaly have 3; but i have the door half open all day, with to sheets over it, with a fan blowing from the bass pointing upwards, where it should channel out towards the window.
This isnt the best idea, as the room smells alot, but hey, it did/does when im smoking in here anyway. Frebreeze + Airfresheners are on the go every day.

The temp in the cupboard is normaly around 27c feels toasty, but not to hot for them.

At night, the doors closed and the holes covered with the black and white sheets.

Only down fall is my clothes are all in the corner, black bag jobby for a few months - more than worth it!

I would love to take them outside, but my garden is pretty overlooked, and im more worried about my neighbours than i am the local police.
:rollit:

17/06/09:
Day #29 — End of week 4 and been busy this week so left them too it. The buds are getting bigger and more resin is building up on both.
Jane isnt exsactly getting better, just 'isnt as bad'. Starting to think that Jane might not last another 3-4weeks, so weighing up my options at the moment.

Pics:

edited_IMG_4448.jpg

Mary:
edited_IMG_4423.jpg

edited_IMG_4426.jpg

Jane:
edited_IMG_4434.jpg

edited_IMG_4443.jpg

Dont your scaring me! To be honest i've had horrible thoughts of my light just falling down and squashi... i cant finish lol.
Yeah i love just looking into my cupboard and being memorised :ganjamon:

I realise a 400w HPS is probably more than enough for my 2, i did originaly have 3; but i have the door half open all day, with to sheets over it, with a fan blowing from the bass pointing upwards, where it should channel out towards the window.
This isnt the best idea, as the room smells alot, but hey, it did/does when im smoking in here anyway. Frebreeze + Airfresheners are on the go every day.

The temp in the cupboard is normaly around 27c feels toasty, but not to hot for them.

At night, the doors closed and the holes covered with the black and white sheets.

Only down fall is my clothes are all in the corner, black bag jobby for a few months - more than worth it!

I would love to take them outside, but my garden is pretty overlooked, and im more worried about my neighbours than i am the local police.
:rollit:

Damn thats now got me nervous to would be devoed if i opened the cupord 1 day and the lamp on the floor plants squashed, id be heading for the bottle lol! gettin excited bout it all now cupord is finished n im 2 livin outa the black bin liners lol, 3 seeds germinated and they were under a 50 watt light to just give some dry heat i placed a cellophane over the top of the small pots to create a humidity tent and i check em this morn and we got seedlings so im desperate to go get my lights now jus wish i was a bit more flush in £££ department lol...
Anyway dude, keep it up man plants lookin finnnnnne and ur pics u taken r well creative. 10/10 bro keep it up UK lol.

Toke on all :roorrip:
:peace:

Looking great! The new growth looks good. You can trim the dead stuff off, or remove the leaves. If the leaves are done they will pretty much fall off with a little bit of pulling. Good job!

im not sure but i dont think your timer issue was resolved, post a pic of it or link to a product spec site. See if one of us has used that timer before and can at least instruct you on how to use it properly. Well besides for the spotting, your plants look strong, and should be ok with a flush - not a expert, but with whats happening in my current grow, i flushed and now my babies are flourishing!

ps heres a link to a post that might help with your problems,

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

hope your plants recover!

Back
Top Bottom