Unknown Strains — First Closet Grow: April to July

09/07/09:
Day #51 – D-Day for Jane!! I woke up this morning, was considering leaving Jane in darkness for 24 hours... but couldnt find another safe place to put her, so... after building the ‘Drying Box’... i decided it was time to harvest Jane! Mary im going to leave for around another week.

Got lots of piccies, as im here alone and excited. Took only a few hours all together, having to carefuly trim off all the bad leaves + the rest to keep for hash making hopefully.

1st: As i said i trimmed off the leaves,
2nd: I worked from the bottem up cutting next to the main stem and trimmed off any other leaves i could afterwards,
3rd: Once all was done (and its an great thing to do!) i put them down to take a photo or two, then used; Paper-clips and paper holder thingys to hang them all in the box.

My drying box consists of an old PC case box, a Cat-5 ethernet cable running lengthways, then two usb cables running horizontaly. And Hey-Presto.. done!

:ganjamon:

Looks like more than i expected! The smallest cola end weighs at 2.7g, and got a week drying, a week curing, before a proper smoke, just in-time for me moving out!

Want to say thanks again to everyone, still got Mary to go so expect a few more updates!
Blured some, sorry, but hope you enjoy the pics:

edited_IMG_0151.jpg

edited_IMG_0085.jpg

edited_IMG_0104.jpg

edited_IMG_0105.jpg

edited_IMG_0114.jpg

edited_IMG_0130.jpg

edited_IMG_0145.jpg

:peace:

Nice fuuji :) While you're smoking that be sure and smoke one in memory of my three males lol

I see that Jane's stem is red almost the entire way up, think that's due to genetics or to the problems it has had over the past month+?

Hey Lil Neutrino, yeah, seems to be because of the problems Jane had, Marys showing a little red hint, but only as much as a normal plant. Jane is dark red, but noticed while drying the colour dies-down a bit.

Wait to smoke it properly, drying and curing yet... but will give a 'quick dry' smoke test this weekend.. might as well! :rollit:

Thanks to all for the comments so far, marys getting nicer and nicer, will be uploading new photos this weekend.

:thanks:

Nice fuuji :) While you're smoking that be sure and smoke one in memory of my three males lol

I see that Jane's stem is red almost the entire way up, think that's due to genetics or to the problems it has had over the past month+?
hi mate just thought id let you know just for future ref my white russian girls have red stalks and the males don t dunno why but thought it worth a mention............be lucky weedtastic

12/07/09:
Day #54 — A pretty hectic day, so like i said im moving out soon, so i was going to wait till towards the end of the week to harvest Mary..
Well i woke up, turned on the light + water as usual, even took a load of new photos that i was just going to upload today, but then some unexpected company comes to my door bout mid-day, no-one too bad, dodgy maybe, but mentioned he could smell a grow in convosation, real long story short, just after he left, kinda paranoid i decided i couldnt risk waiting any longer, and built another drying box very similar, but a bit bigger, to the one for Jane.. then began harvesting!

Dont worry, im sure i'll be fine, i've packed almost everything away, like it was never there, almost, thats why i love closet grows.. and now Mary is fully harvested and drying. Smelling a little.

Mary is amazing as she is now, i just wanted a few more days to get that bit bigger + extra resin built up, as she was/is so crystly, but i dont think im at any loss, i wish you guys could smell her, the buds, aw so sweet, fruity, stinky! Jane has almost a grassy smell now shes drying, untill you tear the buds or grind them up that is!

:rollit:

Smoke Test: Jane — A quick dry, on the balast for a few hours, then under a small lamp, then cured for a day in Janes jar.
I had a joint, and felt buzzy, at first a real nice head high. Once ground up she smells just like Mary, sweet, fruity. Also had a bong or two.. just the same, smooth, then strong lasting high.

Smoke Test: Mary — A VERY quick dry, some very small buds which fell/got cut off while harvesting this morning, i dryed under my small desk lamp on the glass jar lid, worked well. Still a little moist when ground-up but just this.. past 15mins smoked a spliff of her, great stinky smell once ground, in the jar doesnt smell of to much unless picked up and torn, remembering that they are the smallest worser buds.. i say worser loosely!
Great head high, so buzzy, and gave me the focus to type this up. After a second joint feel really stoned now, yet still typing! Focused happy & rewarding high!

Great stuff!!! :ganjamon:

The harvesting of Mary was great, even though i was a little worried/focusing on this mornings event. As the pictures show, looks like more than i expected of beautiful stuff. Maybe about 1.5-2oz from Mary.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, while harvesting Mary i found 1 seed, 1 single fully developed seed on a secondary cola, i plucked it out and have kept it aside, checked over every intch of the rest and found non, how odd, but the seed im guessing will be great if compared to its parent!!

Day #1 for Mary drying, but already towards the end of Day #3 for Jane.
Heres some photos of Marys harvest, thanks to everyone supporting me , commenting and rating photos, 2 weeks now then a real smoke test will be given.
(Allowing 1 week drying, 1 week curing)

:peace:

Pics:

edited_IMG_0155.jpg

edited_IMG_0156.jpg

edited_IMG_0163.jpg

edited_IMG_0173.jpg

edited_IMG_0187.jpg

edited_IMG_0188.jpg

edited_IMG_0184.jpg

edited_IMG_0217.jpg

edited_IMG_0225.jpg