VG's Review Of The Atreum Hydra-3200 With Super Skunk & Sour Diesel

Oh gotcha!

And I'd worry that someone burning candles or insense during a house tour is covering up something worse than cannabis, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
I could use a regular air freshener. They had one at their house. That's pretty "normal".

Oh. It's the daughter of the lady we are buying our place new from. We have known her mom for over ten years.
Looks like we are swapping houses. Her mom is moving but she's staying here and has no place to go. It's hard to find a cheap pet-friendly place to rent around here.

It's a weird situation.
Her mom is going to knock what we are charging off of the price of her place.
Her daughter is going to rehab this place with her girlfriend. They are both really handy people. They always wanted to do a little fixer upper and seem really excited about it.

I'm just glad nobody is tearing the place down or that I have to pay $5000 to have someone come in to do that.
I won't have to paint this place either. She already has plans for that.

I just need to downsize and clean this place up a bit.

My plant is to make that part of my room inaccessible with moving boxes stacked up in front of it. They aren't going to be going through my closet. They just want to look around quick to get an idea of the place. I'll put up a tapestry so they can't see it and use a fan to conceal any noise or movement from the tent. Any smell can be taken care of with a little incense or candles.
That sounds like it could work given the nature of the relationship. I'm not sure about the smell going away with room freshener / incense and candles... does that work for real? You'll find a way and I hope you don't have to sacrifice the Cookies X in the process.

Febreze and forget it!
Yup. That's about where I'm at.
That's why they bake bread or cookies before a tour!
Makes it homey as well..
That sounds like it could work given the nature of the relationship. I'm not sure about the smell going away with room freshener / incense and candles... does that work for real? You'll find a way and I hope you don't have to sacrifice the Cookies X in the process.
I'm not so paranoid about them smelling weed. It is medically legal here. I just don't want them to know that I'm growing. That is still very illegal here, unfortunately.

Darn it...
I should have been paying closer attention to them. I let them dry out way too much a few days ago and I'm finally seeing damage to the leaves.

Here they are on day # 94 since sprout and day # 34 since flip.

Hopefully I won't see any further damage. I'll just have to wait a few more days to see.

Hope y'all are doing well.

I'm not so paranoid about them smelling weed. It is medically legal here. I just don't want them to know that I'm growing. That is still very illegal here, unfortunately.
Ok got it! Is Febreze a room freshener?
Hopefully I won't see any further damage. I'll just have to wait a few more days to see.
Good luck. They still look magnificent.

Sorry that I've been gone for so long.
It really couldn't be helped.
I've been completely overwhelmed with preparing for the move.
We are supposed to get the keys to the new place in 30 days.
I have so much more to accomplish before then. I think I'm only about 1/4 done with everything that I have to do.
It's been further compounded by the fact that the kids are starting school in just over a weeks time. Lots of prep to do there too. The bf and I are absolutely exhausted.

Anyway...on to some quotes.
Ok got it! Is Febreze a room freshener?
Indeed it is a type of freshener but it has a component to it that actually traps and mitigates odors.
Good luck. They still look magnificent.
Thanks Carmen. They are a bit older now and all of the damage has had time to come to light. It wasn't too bad. The plants look a little light in color overall but they are still kickin'.
OMG you have a yellowing leaf, two even! :eek:

I'm sure it's just because they got too dry and couldn't uptake the goodies you're feeding them, so I am not concerned in the least.
Lmao

Way more than two. I lost a few handfuls of them. Luckily those plants had pretty dense canopies and could afford to lose a few.
One of the main reasons that I don't defoliate. Good to have a few expendables imo.

Here they are today.
It's day # 106 since sprout and day# 46 since flip. They have a long way to go and I'm running out of time at this house. At this point I either chop early or move them under cover of night. It should be around 35-40 days until we move.

Sigh..... Not at all what was planned when I started this journal. We had zero plans to move. It just came up one day when we were chatting with the neighbor down the street. Sometimes you have to jump on an opportunity or miss the boat.
This move would change our lives for the better. No more mold, bugs and dripping windows. More space and a fresh start is just what this family needs.
I'm excited about my new growing space. I think it's going to work out much better than my current setup....fingers crossed.
I'll have more storage space for sure.
Once we start work at the new place, I'll be sharing a few pics on my Junk Drawer journal.

Hope y'all are well.
I miss you guys. It's been hard to be away for so long.

I'd say a late night move is the way to go, and with a truck and big moving boxes who's gonna say boo (sorry Boo!).

Plants are still killing it under the @Atreum Lighting Hydra.

:welldone:
Yeah. I figure that I'd drop them into some black trash bags and box them up. I only have to go about a block away with them.
I'll set up a temporary grow space before then so I'm not under the gun to put my 2x4 up that very evening. I may not have the energy after moving all day.
I can hang a light in my bathroom closet and cover the door with a dark blanket. That should be fine until the next evening. I'm not so worried about a few minor light leaks when they are that close to harvest.

Sigh..... Not at all what was planned when I started this journal. We had zero plans to move. It just came up one day when we were chatting with the neighbor down the street. Sometimes you have to jump on an opportunity or miss the boat.
This move would change our lives for the better. No more mold, bugs and dripping windows. More space and a fresh start is just what this family needs.
I'm excited about my new growing space. I think it's going to work out much better than my current setup....fingers crossed.
I'll have more storage space for sure.
Once we start work at the new place, I'll be sharing a few pics on my Junk Drawer journal.

Hope y'all are well.
I miss you guys. It's been hard to be away for so long.

I'm sorry that you're feeling so stressed with the move and your garden and the kids going back to school. Just take each day one at a time and focus on your thoughts on how great it's going to be at your new place. :hug:

We had the same kind of home purchase as you. Our old house is across the road. It's a corner lot on a busy street, 3/4 of an acre with zero shade. When our neighbour across the road mentioned they were planning to move to Brantford, Felonious and I jumped on looking at and then buying it.

Now, we have 3/4 of an acre with lots of shade and sun and we back onto a farmer's field. Our old house didn't have a garage either and this one did.

But, I remember the time being super busy between getting it and moving in. But, it was all worth it. And, I know it will be worth it to you, too.

I'm sorry that you're feeling so stressed with the move and your garden and the kids going back to school. Just take each day one at a time and focus on your thoughts on how great it's going to be at your new place. :hug:

We had the same kind of home purchase as you. Our old house is across the road. It's a corner lot on a busy street, 3/4 of an acre with zero shade. When our neighbour across the road mentioned they were planning to move to Brantford, Felonious and I jumped on looking at and then buying it.

Now, we have 3/4 of an acre with lots of shade and sun and we back onto a farmer's field. Our old house didn't have a garage either and this one did.

But, I remember the time being super busy between getting it and moving in. But, it was all worth it. And, I know it will be worth it to you, too.
It's all so much to deal with but we are soldiering on.
Kids are starting school tomorrow so they will be gone during the day. Hopefully we can get some stuff done a bit faster since we don't have to care for them all day long.

I like that I'm not moving far away. I like my neighborhood pretty well. Hopefully my new neighbors are chill. I'm a bit concerned about it since I like to smoke outdoors.
My current neighbors could care less.
Hard work now for :surf:ing later:thumb:
That's right on the money.

I'll need few weeks to recover after this all goes down.
Hopefully I'll get it.

Day #116 since sprout and day #56 since flip to 10/14 for the Sour Diesel and Super Skunk.

They have been on the same amounts of Prescription Blend for about the last month or so. Haven't had to adjust the power of the Atreum Hydra -3200 or it's distance to the plants.
This light is perfect for my space. I'm looking forward to getting it set up at my new place and growing for many,many years with it.
I'm completely satisfied thus far.

Me too! And I bet that light would work really well over a SOG of Forum. :thumb:
One day,Sheddy. One day....

I do have a few clones going. Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet.
I'll leave that decision until after the move.
They can just chill as bonsai plants for now.

Are you intending on moving these plants or harvesting them, VG? If you're planning on harvesting them even if they're not done yet, a couple of 420 members (@StoneOtter , @Azimuth ) have suggested using malted barley to help a plant finish sooner. I'm hoping to pick some up for my plants as they were originally indoor plants but I had to put them outside due to bugs so they started flowering later than the plants that were outside all along.

Are you intending on moving these plants or harvesting them, VG? If you're planning on harvesting them even if they're not done yet, a couple of 420 members (@StoneOtter , @Azimuth ) have suggested using malted barley to help a plant finish sooner. I'm hoping to pick some up for my plants as they were originally indoor plants but I had to put them outside due to bugs so they started flowering later than the plants that were outside all along.
From the news that I got today, I won't have to chop early. I'll be able to flower and dry them fully where they are. Unless something changes between now and then. Anything is possible at this point.

I'm actually just about to get some seeds out to start the next grow. Small plants in veg are easy to move and I don't want to delay my grows anymore than I already have. My kid has been cleaning me of bud out lately. Pilfered most of my Wookiee.

What to grow?? Would have been nice if I would have finished my seed vault pdf but I didn't. I was sidetracked by life and now I have to sort through all of my stuff again. At least I have the regs, autos and fems separated now.
I know that I have some pretty cool stuff to try. Damn, it's going to be a hard decision.

I think that I'm only going to start two fems for now and perhaps an auto later on once I get the new place set up.
I'm not exactly sure how many tents I can put up at the new place right away. I didn't have a tape measure when I looked at the place but the bf and I think the walk-in closet will be able to house my 2x2 and 2x4 but we won't know for sure until we can get some actual measurements.
Fingers crossed on that one.
Plans for the bathroom closet are still TBD. I'd like to use that space for reversals but don't know if that's a good idea. It has a water heater towards the back and I could see pollen easily hiding out in the nooks and crannies around it. Not very easy to clean.
Hmm....
Lots to think about yet. Maybe it would be a better space for autos or a good place to keep babies,clones and mothers? Storage for my Purpinator? Lol.

18 days until we get keys!

Back
Top Bottom