Viparspectra KS5000 Shine On Tok's Strawberry Cheesecake And A Mexican X-factor

It's time for a quick update.

The Mexican X-factor is starting to pack on some weight and building buds. As you can tell from the images, I did some super crop on her to to spread her out and open up some new bud sites. She is only in a two gallon fabric pot and really starting to come into her own.

Now, @SeedsMan Strawberry Cheesecake is doing nothing but building bigger buds. For her small structure she looks like she will produce a few oz. of some nice buds.

Here are some current images.

Auto's are about half way finished.

That's all folk's.

Be safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Just a quick image update.

Everything is on cruse control requiring very little attention from me, other than watering her.

Here are the current images of the Mexican X-factor and Strawberry Cheesecake (a).

That's all folk's.

Stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Everything is on cruse control requiring very little attention from me, other than watering her.

Here are the current images of the Mexican X-factor and Strawberry Cheesecake (a).

That's all folk's.

Tok..
28 days to go? Or 14?

That's all folk's.

Tok..
THICK!!

About to weeks to go @Aweedtec on the cheesecake.
This and my Northern Lights (a) should be done close to the same time.

We'll see if the reduced light schedule effect harvest time.
That has me interested. Why should I run my lights at 100% all the time if it's not necessary.

I just don't know if my shlux lights keep the IR and UV lights up as it cuts the power on the whites cool and warm. Or does it just equally cut them all. And if so are other light manufacturers only lowering non IR and UV LEDs?

I always have technical questions that I can never find answers to as if nobody ever thought to ask these questions before now. Or I am just horrible at finding information online.

I will take a stab at this @Aweedtec .

Auto's have been modified with (ruderals) to grow faster in a set period of time. They can not handle any kind of adversity, because of this stress is not your friend. Anything that slows an auto down will end up deviating from the plants set growing period.

Okay, plants need the light for photosynthesis.
It has different requirement for seedling, veg, and flower.
This is where I step out on a limb. Auto have been specifically breed for short light period.
My understand of Auto's is that they where develop main for up north (Russian) growing season. The plant needs to develop and mature in a very short time frame.

From what I understand (Russian) spring/summer are a very short period because of their geographic location on earth. The dark, unforgiving climate up north meant weed plants didn’t have time to flower and grow buds fully after the summer solstice—because fall and winter come much sooner in that area, and cold, wet weather would ruin buds before they were ready for harvesting.

So weed plants in this climate evolved to grow and then flower automatically, after a certain amount of time and regardless of the amount of sunlight they receive, hence the name “autoflower.” Their scientific name is cannabis ruderalis.

Just because I can grow an auto with as little as 12 of light, does not mean it will out preform and auto of 18 hours of light. Something to think about.

Hope this helps.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Does this help @Carmen Ray

The benefits of growing autoflower weed plants​

Less light
As autoflowers aren’t dependent on light and dark cycles, you don’t need to worry about giving them a ton of light—all they need is at least six hours a day. Of course the more sun they get, the more bud they’ll produce, but six hours is enough for the plant. You can put them on a sunny windowsill or other spot inside, or outside in a moderately sunny patch, and the plants will be happy.

Does this help @Carmen Ray

The benefits of growing autoflower weed plants​

Less light
As autoflowers aren’t dependent on light and dark cycles, you don’t need to worry about giving them a ton of light—all they need is at least six hours a day. Of course the more sun they get, the more bud they’ll produce, but six hours is enough for the plant. You can put them on a sunny windowsill or other spot inside, or outside in a moderately sunny patch, and the plants will be happy.
Thanks Tok, I'm way past this point though. I am wanting to maximize my plant and bud size. I want to learn how to do that best with my lights. I hear people talking about raising and lowering lights etc to give them x amount of DLI but I don't understand the calculations or what's best. Until someone tells me different I think I will just stick to 24 hours of 100 % light and I'm sure to get more bud than leaving the plant under 6 hours of light.

Thank you for stopping by @Carmen Ray and @Stunger

I would not advise some to run 6 hours of light.
The only reason I am running mind on 12/12 is because I have auto's mixed in with photo's.

Is it you @Stunger ger that is growing auto's on 12/12?
I can remember right off who the grower is that runs 12/12 auto's.

The Mexican X-factor is from some old seeds I saved from when I bought weed.
If someone what to cross a new strain it will be with something like this; an unknown Mexican sativa.
Everyone wants to cross know strains, I time to thing outside of the box.

TR

Quick update.

Strawberry Shortcake is within harvest range. Currently 1% amber trichomes.
Will harvest in next day or so.

The Mexican X-factor is a sativa, so my guess is she about halfway through flower, maybe.

That's all folk's.

Tok..

Quick update.

Strawberry Shortcake is within harvest range. Currently 1% amber trichomes.
Will harvest in next day or so.

The Mexican X-factor is a sativa, so my guess is she about halfway through flower, maybe.

That's all folk's.

Tok..
You don't go for 70 /30 do you?
I allowed my last grow to get to a out 85/ 15.
I will harvest before that time on my current run.

How is it going @Aweedtec

I usually harvest right around the time I get about 5% amber or less.
Every graph I've looked at showed a drop in THC waiting for 70/30 and I dont know why anyone would rather be couch locked on purpose. lol I get that way after I smoke twice anyway.
Your photos have convinced me to do Strawberry Cheesecake next along with Tangerine Dream if I can find it and I really want Northern Lights. Just because I remember that strain from when I was about 18 and have not seen it since.

Back
Top Bottom