Who Let The Dogs Out? Chem Comparison Grow!

Definitely keep an eye out for Peyote Purple leaning phenos. They will knock you down immediately i’m sure. Those Peyote Purple leaning phenos look something like this.

51526FC3-E154-4CB5-B798-1F8721CDBF5C.jpeg

Very sexy plant. And this is gonna be my photo contest entry. Hahah.

That is spectacular!

#DOGNOTDAWG! JJ of Top Dawg seeds started using Dawg out of respect to the Chem crew. He didn’t want people thinking he was ripping them off. It’s always been Dog since the late 80’s. Before it was known as Chemdog Pbud and Joe B called it Dogbud.

Chem is hard to reverse, I started 3 days before the flip and sprayed daily until she had fully formed pollen sacs. Only got a few viable seeds.
You can try the Chem, but make sure you spray every day. I’d take a couple of cuttings as well.
Chem 91 seems difficult to clone as well. Had some clones and threw them out because they didn't root like everyone else. They started rooting 2 weeks after the others. Wish i had kept them now. Wasn't terribly organized with clones last run and unthinkingly ditched em.

Chemdog #4. From a Canadian vendor.
Looking forward to see how she grows out. Running a Chemdog #4 as well. After some research of the breeders it isn't the dogbud cut i was hoping for. It's Og kushxSour diesel on the chemdog side and Green crack(Skunk #1xAfghan#1) . See how they grow out i reckon.

Penny, what do you have for this comparison grow? I skimmed through this thread.

#dognotdawg

Double Krush at 7 weeks

dk11_7weeks.jpg

Double Krush a few days before harvest

20190912_184355.jpg

Double Krush at 7 weeks

dk11_7weeks.jpg

Double Krush a few days before harvest

20190912_184355.jpg

Looking frosty. What’s the lineage there?

I also got one Dinachem in a 5 gal pot flowering. I flipped it during reveg and was really worried about it not being able to catch up with the rest of the tent. But it looks ok. Normal flower development so far. I haven’t posted this because it’s not from seed. It’s the original cut, monstercropped. But in a month or so there will some sexy bud pics i hope. I’ll keep it updated. Also got a diary going but anyway i’ll flood the threads with bud pics. Hahaha.

DA88A467-2F16-4B45-A840-449C591BB028.jpeg
1EAA5A2F-2E6A-4F8D-A06D-ED44A082550C.jpeg
754A4E3F-31FF-43A0-80A5-76525B7617C3.jpeg
969941DC-85AF-4CF9-8BD3-487587F98770.jpeg

Looking frosty. What’s the lineage there?

I also got one Dinachem in a 5 gal pot flowering. I flipped it during reveg and was really worried about it not being able to catch up with the rest of the tent. But it looks ok. Normal flower development so far. I haven’t posted this because it’s not from seed. It’s the original cut, monstercropped. But in a month or so there will some sexy bud pics i hope. I’ll keep it updated. Also got a diary going but anyway i’ll flood the threads with bud pics. Hahaha.

DA88A467-2F16-4B45-A840-449C591BB028.jpeg
1EAA5A2F-2E6A-4F8D-A06D-ED44A082550C.jpeg
754A4E3F-31FF-43A0-80A5-76525B7617C3.jpeg
969941DC-85AF-4CF9-8BD3-487587F98770.jpeg
Very nice! Your dinachem is right around where my cookies n chem are.

Very nice! Your dinachem is right around where my cookies n chem are.

I’m in the 12th day from 11.5/12.5. I was expecting some resistance from it but no. I love this plant. Besides the buds it grows for me, it’s just a great, resilient plant.

I also did a chem and cookies cross. Peyote Cookies x Dinachem. I’m running a couple of those as well. Seeing yours in full bloom would be delightful. That genetic combination usually produces amazing plants it seems.

@Preston9mm and @SQl2kGuy it’s strange that this is the first I’m hearing of DDa being a rough grow.. I think I’m still gonna give it a try though.. if these beans would ever get here

Oh for sure ... give it a try ... you may actually like the quality and effects ... that's why we chose it :)

So far I love the budlets ... they are very pretty ... but the plant is so tiny!

Here's my other concern too ... right now we have hundreds of breeders vying for position in the seed maketplace ... and they just keep crossing and crossing plants ... trying to come up with cool names ...

It seems like marketing to me ...

I'm wondering if we go back back to the strains of the 60's or 70's ... if we will find those strains more potent and more stable.

Maybe I'm wrong ... maybe lots of crossing is good for plant genetics ... maybe?

But at this point ... for me ... I think I want to grow a Bakerstreet ... a Chemdawg ... an Acapulco Gold ... a Northern Lights ... a White Widow ... something with high yield and high THC ...

What do the rest of you guys think about the thousands of strains that are out there now?

Is it just marketing?

Let's hear from the old guys and gals out there :)

And the young ones too ... lol :)

right now we have hundreds of growers vying for position in the seed maketplace

I think you mean breeders here. And yes like any business there will always be businessmen vying to be #1

Maybe I'm wrong ... maybe lots of crossing is good for plant genetics ... maybe?

Not all crosses are successful. Some of them probably average to good. There will be crosses that are busts. But without crossing different strains we wouldn't have gems like Cannatonic (G13 Haze X MK Ultra)…...or Larry Bird Kush (GSC Thin Mints X Sunset Sherbet.....or one you mentioned....White Widow (South Indian Indica X South American Sativa. Add Blue Dream and Girl Scout Cookies to that list to name just a few. So I contend that crosses have their place.
Let's hear from the old guys and gals out there
Please define old!! :cool:

Oh, and thanks by the way!! I had never heard of Bakerstreet prior to your post. I checked it out and will join you with it on my list of strains I would like to grow.

I will add this. I am a pollen chucker. I love breeding seeds. I cross the very best strains I have available to me and look for winners from these crosses. However my grow area is very small so I do not have the luxury of pheno hunting. I can give you a very good example of what I mean. I recently reversed an incredible Gorilla Glue #4 plant and used pollen from this plant to pollinate some buds on a gorgeous Purple Punch plant. Just a few small buds that produced 117 feminized seeds for my collection. Now I'm in my 60s and don't really anticipate growing out all 117 of those seeds. Heck I might not grow more then 30 or 40 of them. The thing is, seed number 47 might be the next Blue Dream or White Widow. It may be a genetic masterpiece with all the dominant and recessive genes in just the right places. When crossing strains you just never know what you'll get you can only hope.

Oh for sure ... give it a try ... you may actually like the quality and effects ... that's why we chose it :)

So far I love the budlets ... they are very pretty ... but the plant is so tiny!

Here's my other concern too ... right now we have hundreds of growers vying for position in the seed maketplace ... and they just keep crossing and crossing plants ... trying to come up with cool names ...

It seems like marketing to me ...

I'm wondering if we go back back to the strains of the 60's or 70's ... if we will find those strains more potent and more stable.

But at this point ... for me ... I think I want to grow a Bakerstreet ... a Chemdawg ... an Acapulco Gold ... a Northern Lights ... a White Widow ... something with high yield and high THC ...

What do the rest of you guys think about the thousands of strains that are out there now?

Is it just marketing?

Let's hear from the old guys and gals out there :)
Now, I’m not an old guy, but Im very interested in the subject of cannabis breeding and genetics.

My take on what’s going on is this; It takes the work of a lifetime to really find and stabilize an exceptional outlier cultivar that you can then use as breeding stock. Back in the 60s 70s 80s when there were so few people even growing cannabis, not to mention breeding that you only really had a handful of really excellent genetics to choose from. In the 90s cannabis really took off and it allowed for more people to get into breeding, and allowed those breeders to grow decent populations for sifting purposes. This led to a larger amount of outliers worth keeping.

This coupled with the fact that most of those elite level cultivars are clone only, resulted in a generation of breeders who looked for a stable solid male they could throw at all of these elite clone only cuts. People can literally make a business off of one amazing male, and every elite clone you can get in your tent.

These people are not breeders in the truest sense though, they’re what we call ‘pollen-chuckers’ because they’re not working generations and generations of a gene pool they find intriguing in order to create a sexy IBL that can then be used as breeding stock. That kind of breeding is more what you see in preindoor before it was a market and it was just a way of life.

The best seed bank sponsor on 420 magazine @SeedsMan carries cannatonic seeds. Link to them is here. Although it does appear to be a 1:1 THC/CBD strain

I am impressed with Seedsman now ... what do people think about Dr. Seeds? I'm seeing 15 seeds for CA$100 ... and the grows here have shown they are quality seeds and germinate great! Also ... they are North American and the artwork is cool!

Can we get 15 popular seeds from Seedsman for a hundred buck? (I will check later)

Back
Top Bottom