Woodsman's Northern Light #5 Grow

deep woods "off" (only f.....n freedom)2010....still flitting in and out of reality, "what a concept"...trying to get all the heavy work done before mon...later, putting photos up and updates...lavendar:bravo::bravo:

May as well stay real and use the last one:yahoo:

Or just "My Grow Outside 2010".:ganjamon:

deep woods "off" (only f.....n freedom)2010....still flitting in and out of reality, "what a concept"...trying to get all the heavy work done before mon...later, putting photos up and updates...lavendar:bravo::bravo:

Thanks for your expert opinions you two! I'll give a thought to all your suggestions!

Thanks for your expert opinions you two! I'll give a thought to all your suggestions!

no, you must not pay much attention to any thing i say, well, nearly ever...i like omm's name better anyway....lavendar

"Screw it! I'm growin' outdoors!"

Hey buddy!
That about says it all doesn't it! Like "Screw the w*f* I'm growing outside!" Actually she's been OK lately with the grow. Amazing! With all the plants I've got out there, I'd of thought I'd have had much more opposition form her. We'll see, they are starting to get big now.

no, you must not pay much attention to any thing i say, well, nearly ever...i like omm's name better anyway....lavendar

I think we all listen very carefully to what you say Lavendar! Your like our pathway to many strain reports and a lot of growing knowledge.

Hey Woodsman whats the good word brother?
Congratulations on page 125!!! Never thought we would get there back in Dec 09'
God Bless you and your family my brother.
+Rep 5 Stars

Thanks bro! This has developed into a monster that in some ways is not so great. For new folks the size of this thread makes it seem like too daunting of a task to start reading it. Like many of the 'big' threads on the site, if you miss a few days, you are almost 'left behind'. One of my own personal problems with sites like mine. I would almost prefer having simple, right to the point grow journals and then a separate thread to follow in a somewhat parallel direction with a more 'social' feel. That may be even more confusing though. It would most likely get all mixed up in no time! Then you'd have two threads on the same grow!. Better to just leave it alone.

I would say to those new to this site and looking for info,

"Don't be afraid to post if you've not read from the beginning of a long thread. If you have a question or a comment, just let it rip! Read a few pages back if you must to get a feel, but to read the whole thing is almost 'ludicrous' when all you wanted to do was to ask a question or make a comment, it's just not necessary."

Wingman my friend, great to have ya around!

Hello folks!

You are all cordially invited to join me on my new grow journal "Woodsman Outdoors"

I'll keep this one up for awhile longer before requesting that it get 'mothballed'

I can not tell you all what a terrific time I have had with you all on this thread! You are the nicest folks around! You have made me laugh and no I didn't cry - except for tears of joy and from laughing my a** off on so many occasions! I have learned so much from you all, all of you. I am still in need of your guidance though as I am still a beginner and most likely always will be! Chicago Joe, OMM you guys are special. So are the rest of you, I can't name all of you (you know who you are) because I am heavily medicated right now and my back would start hurting after the first 300 names and there would be another 300 to go! But wait, this journey is not over! It just moved to a new address! I know that my wife loves you all and .....:Rasta:....no really I know that she appreciates you all for keeping me company all this time and giving her time for herself! It's been a trip has it not?

Feel free to keep posting here if you like, I won't have it closed for a while yet.

Big Thanks to you all!

:Rasta:

nice set up woodsman im just nice to see the use of cfls im just starting my first grow with a 300w cfl and a couple of 30w cfls too i hopw it will be enough for veg and flower

looking very nice my friend very nice indeed hope mine turns out well

langa! I'm so sorry! I didn't realize you had posted. Just me paying attention!

Thanks for checking out my place, langa. You are always welcome over here!

The CFLs do just fine, although I also had a 100w hps/mh over my center female (three total). The plants on either side did just fine though and I only had (I think?) 120w of CFLs over each of them. How many 'females' do you think you'd have? Or want? I think what I did would be considered as minimal lighting, The more the better.

well im hoping for 3 or 4 with a 300w cfl and 2 30w cfl and if i have to add a 125w what yield did you get off yours?

Add as much light as you can. More light, more plant. Use some Mylar to line your walls to maximize your light and you should be fine.

These were my total weights:

Dry weights

Big Girl 1.60 ounces (under the mh/hps)
Fatleaf 1.25 ounces
Runt (should be an fairly accurate estimate) 1.00 ounce

Total should be at 3.85 ounces, or just short of a quarter pound! 2.60 ounces is 'primo @%$'.

Fatleaf is a little mild for me and was grown under CFLs with some exposure to the 100w mh/hps. Most likely due to either pH deficiencies I'd encountered during the grow or maybe just 'genetics' and not the fact that she was under the CFL's.

nice to hear if i get a oz per plant i will be more than happy i may have to buy a hps for flowering even if its for the last 3 weeks maybe a 400w just to get some nice buds or just stick with the cfls this time round,ive been looking alot at hydro,maybe flood and drain or dwc any info on what works best+reps for the grow woodsman

Thanks for the reps langa! Very kind of you.

Adding more light is always good, the HID lighting will penetrate deeper into the plant than the CFLs. That's one reason with the CFLs you need your lights as close as possible to the plant and if possible surround them also with as much light as possible. On this grow, I kind of did a 'sea of green' because I did not have enough light to penetrate deep enough into the plant. I did not want the plant using up it's energy on lower foliage where it was not getting enough light. I concentrated the lighting at the 'upper canopy' of the plants. I had descent tops for the amount of lights used, they ranged from 4 to 8 inches in length and up to three inches across (big girl). Of course plant genetics play a large roll in this. If you surround the plants with CFLs lower down, you should be able to produce more buddage. I didn't have the room to do this myself on this grow (no side space).

I have no experience whatsoever with hydro growing. I'm clueless!

ah so maybe sog maybe a idea as my tent isnt massive 3x3x4 so i could maximize yeild by concentrating on the tops,well i appreciate your honesty woodman im sure someone on here will have some info....peace out

I'm sure many folks here will help ya! Good luck and don't be a stranger, visit me at my new outdoor grow if you like!:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom