Woodsman's Northern Light #5 Grow

I have no idea why but I was thinking root prune before I even read the replies here...must have read it somewhere before lol. Wish I had some more concrete advice or questions but I don't...

Hey buddy didn't see your post! I had to turn the page! Just over at your place LIL. Great job you've done! I may try the 'prune', we'll see.

Yesterday evening I took a secondary bud off of the Runt, 12 grams wet. Micro'd a tiny piece and hung the rest.

Secondary_from_the_Runt_2_-_Copy.JPG

Secondary_from_the_Runt.JPG

Secondary_from_the_Runt_5_-_Copy.JPG

woods, yes, you are probably right about the stress from moving them in and out, from real sun to artificial light, probably big temp changes and the added stress from the ph affected your regrowth.

Root Pruning for Bonsai

this has alot of info, but some is not relevant to cannabis cult. Great read though.

Thanks for the link Jason. I just read through briefly and it makes me a little wary. Pruning should be done in 'dormant' periods the plants life. I may just re-pot larger (original plan) I have a pot that is about three times the size of the Runt's current container.

woods, yes, you are probably right about the stress from moving them in and out, from real sun to artificial light, probably big temp changes and the added stress from the ph affected your regrowth.

most likely a combination of all or some of these.

Thanks for the link Jason. I just read through briefly and it makes me a little wary. Pruning should be done in 'dormant' periods the plants life. I may just re-pot larger (original plan) I have a pot that is about three times the size of the Runt's current container.

most likely a combination of all or some of these.

Hi my Friend

Repot and pray......advice from an expert, who's never tried it:ganjamon:

yea, that link is alot of info to suck up on short notice, but a great read. I hope it goes well for you which ever path you choose for the girls. There's more than one way to skin a poodle thats for sure. lol

...anyways, hows the Biggirl doing? any improvement?

Hi my Friend

Repot and pray......advice from an expert, who's never tried it:ganjamon:

You are an expert, you never failed!

yea, that link is alot of info to suck up on short notice, but a great read. I hope it goes well for you which ever path you choose for the girls. There's more than one way to skin a poodle thats for sure. lol

...anyways, hows the Biggirl doing? any improvement?

Big Girl is still outside, but all the upper growth has died and the only glimmer of life is that tiny growth on the trunk. That growth hasn't gotten any larger though. I've pretty much written her off.

Outdoor Update

The Runt will be out there before I leave for the weekend. I'll harvest her tomorrow and also re-pot her. She will get a good flush and then a very light dose of veg ferts with a light dose of Cal/Mag mixed in. She'll go right outside and start her new life! I think she will have a good chance to make it. I'll be monitoring her pH and will keep a very close eye on her. No rain is expected while I'm gone and the temps and humidity will be way down to comfortable levels. It's been near 90 lately and yesterday we had thunderstorms and torrential rains. I had brought all the outdoor plants in yesterday while the storm passed over. They went right back out immediately after wards.

I'll be back from Indy late afternoon on Monday. I'll be looking forward to seeing the plants for sure. I'll most likely start the Outdoor Journal sometime next week since the Runt will be drying and the tent empty.

Right now I've got 11 'children' outside plus Big Girl who will be joined by the Runt tomorrow. I really would have liked to keep the Runt growing till she's ambered up some more, but I do not want the tent on while we're gone. It's just not as secure as a real system would be or a real grow room. All plastic with the elect. cords and all. I will shut the lights off on her in a bit so she will have about a 24 hour period of darkness. I don't want anymore darkness than that, since I plan on growing her again.

So much good info on this page! I've never tried the regen thing - I am learning lots! And the other plants look great!

:bravo::nicethread::thanks::peace:

Hey Papa! I just noticed that I missed your last post! Sorry bro.

The last time I did a regeneration was in 1990 or something like that! That is when I did my first couple of indoor grows. It was a 'learn as you go' effort that ended in a great success.

I will be attempting to regenerate one more plant, the Runt. Great to see you here Papa!

selling the tent?

Hey buddy I wouldn't 'sell' you the tent, I'd give it to you. I think I'll hold onto it though, as I never know when I'd need it again! But if I were to give it away, you would be the guy. Now if you wanted to borrow it this summer, that could be arranged. If you've got lights for it and a fan, your set to go. Just a PVC frame and black plastic.

Updates

First the Runt.

Thought I'd chop the whole thing today, but at the last minute, I changed my mind. I should have thought about it before I chopped her main cola! Yep, I chopped it and then It occurred to me that I could leave the rest of her outside for the long weekend. She is in her 13th week and going to be 14 on Sunday, but she is still not 'ambered up' and has many many white hairs. Should have left her intact! OK so the main cola is hanging in sided to dry while the rest of her went out in the back..

I did prune her roots as had been suggested (thanks) and re-potted her to her new permanent home (I think it is a 10 gal pot). Watered her very good with pH 7 water and set her in a spot that will get about half a days worth of direct Sun. When I return on Monday, I'll do a trichome check and when she is 'ambered up' enough, I'll chop the rest of her down, leaving a few more growth areas than I did with Big Girl.

Outdoor Grow

All the babies are doing great! The largest is the mystery bagseed (don't remember which of the two SD bags it came from). That's the one that I FIM'd the other day. She is doing great by the way and should have 6 - 8 tops. The others are not at the 4th node yet (most on 3rd node). The two Mazars are the next in size and are very healthy, When I get back I'll top them also. The NL#5 baby is doing very well and is still in the 3 inch starter. She was the only one that did not get their 'first' fert feed. She was soaked with pH'd water all the others were old enough for a light dose of ferts. Light, I'm talking 1/2 a teaspoon per gallon.

They should be OK till Monday afternoon. No rain is expected and the temps will be in the low to mid 80's with Sun/partly Sun skies.

Enjoy the weekend folks, I will! I'm taking some 'Big Girl' and a dried bud from the Runt and will be a happy camper in Indy!:yahoo:

Took some pics from today's work, I'll post them when I get back. Adios!

been doing root pruning for yrs...works great....also i agree with all jason and others have said about the roots and nutz and flushing....been yrs since ive done rejuv...but seems like thats how i remember it....so it would be new to me now....how is the kitty doing....hope ok....we put the antibiotics in canned cat food...only time they get it, also worm that way....just too hard to fight with a cat....they leave scars....dogs are more mellow....best wishes, and enjoy the wkend off...you all deserve it... lavendar

Have fun and stay safe man!!! :ganjamon:

been doing root pruning for yrs...works great....also i agree with all jason and others have said about the roots and nutz and flushing....been yrs since ive done rejuv...but seems like thats how i remember it....so it would be new to me now....how is the kitty doing....hope ok....we put the antibiotics in canned cat food...only time they get it, also worm that way....just too hard to fight with a cat....they leave scars....dogs are more mellow....best wishes, and enjoy the wkend off...you all deserve it... lavendar

13 weeks...I'd say you've been pretty patient lol, can't blame you for getting excited and chopping the main cola. I was itching after 9 weeks...if anything you'll have some bud for a nice, social buzz to smoke while you're harvesting and trimming the rest!

Lavendar, Jason, Lil, hi all! Got back on Monday night and took the day off yesterday trying to get things organized and 'back together'! This is the first time that I've check out the 'site' since my last posting. I've got like 150 emails from 420 (subscribed threads) that I started to look at and then gave up! Overwhelming to say the least!

Well to answer some of your comments or questions, I did transplant and I did prune the roots of the Runt. More than half of the roots in fact! I then put her in a 10 gal. pot where hopefully she will live a nice comfortable life till she is sacrificed for the good of man and myself! I did take the main cola off before I left and found it nice and dry when I returned. It is in a jar curing right now.

Update - Indoor Grow - The Runt's Final Harvest

The Runt which has been outside since right before I went away this weekend (minus the main cola) was chopped yesterday! I left a considerable amount of lower growth for her to use in the regeneration process (pics will follow).

My 'wet' weight on her yesterday after the trimming was 50 grams. (earlier, 40 grams from the main cola and about 12 grams from a previous bud that smelled up the parking area at the hotel every night while in Indy).

Dry weight so far for the Runt is: 14 grams. (main cola and the small top used at the hotel parking area). Yesterday I weighed the remaining wet buds and they cam out at 50 grams (very well trimmed and wet with very little stem). My prediction then is a total dry weight for the Runt at 28 grams or an ounce. Should be a very accurate estimate.

Total weight for the three ladies stands at (going back to check on the other two's weights).

OK after much searching I found my dry weights for the other two plants! Back on post #1691 I found these stats:

Dry weights

Big Girl 1.60 ounces
Fatleaf 1.25 ounces
Runt (should be an fairly accurate estimate) 1.00 ounce

Total should be at 3.85 ounces, or just short of a quarter pound! 2.60 ounces is 'primo sh*t! I'll weigh out the rest of the Runt when she's dry in a few days and correct any discrepancies.

Smoke Report

The Runt and big Girl again.

The only time I smoked while on the trip was at the end of everyday out in the parking lot of the hotel. I will not admit to smoking while driving.

Didn't want to look high around my Bro and his wife while being with them.. She's kind of, no, she's very straight! And my bro has been corrupted by years of being a big shot businessman and by being married to his wife. He needs permission from her to smoke a cigar 'outside' for crying out loud! My bro was in college during the late 60's and early seventies and was a much more relaxed person back then! It wasn't till he met his second wife (current) that he was forced to change.

Back to the report! Well it was very hot and humid down there during the daytime hours and for me not the ideal situation to be smoking anyways. Waited till the wife and I got settled in back at the hotel after a day of being out and about or as on Sunday at the Race (Indy 500). I'd change out of my stuffy 'nice casual attire' and get back into my very light weight and much more 'comfortable smoking attire' (old and very worn out 't' and shorts). Then I'd tell the wife that it was 'my time now' and would head out to the semi dark parking lot to the Jeep, turn up the AC and either roll one or just fill the bowl up with (and I alternated) either Big Girl or the Runt. Remember I had a small bud of the Runt that had just dried after hanging for just less than a week.

Let's see, the first night I got reprimanded by the wife for leaving her alone in the room for over an hour (it was no more than 50 minutes or so). I rolled a nice fat one from the Runt and kicked back and listened to my 'Boston' tape. Excellent! It had been like mid 90's and very humid late that day and after the drive to Indy and getting together with the bro and his wife for an 'outdoor' dinner at one of the many restaurants we visited, I was ready to blast any AC that I could get a hold of! Well with just a few hits of the Runt, I was back where I belong! She is a 'a three hit wonder' ( I can't ever just do one toke, it's just not fun!) The CD got so loud that I suddenly realized that I should lower the volume slightly so as not to wake the people sleeping upstairs in their rooms let alone attracting attention. I had the windows shut and if I'd have opened them it would have looked like a 'Cheech and Chong' scene with the all the smoke pouring out. I'd have told the officer (had there been one) What smoke officer? I'm just fumigating the interior for cockroaches. They never said that in the movies, I just made that up. OK get the drift, I was wasted and feeling just so relaxed.

The next night was the night before the race and we had spent the day out and about at museums and such so I was very ready to get back to the room and change into 'something more comfortable'. I waited this time till my wife went in to take a shower, before going downstairs to a nice bowl of Big Girl! Big Girl is slightly harsher than the Runt, I know this by the amount of lung that I collected off the inside of the windshield! LOL!!! Just kidding! LOL. don't all gross out, I'm sure you've all been there! I'm left wondering where I am and what my name is after some of her hits! The Runt is a slightly better high, but Big Girl is no slouch! In fact they are both great just different in effect. I'm always too stoned to do any serious analyzing after a few hits of either.

The third day (Sunday) was race day and what a day it was! The hottest Indy 500 on record! 90's and very humid again! Average temp for the area and that date is in the seventies. After much walking from our parking spot a mile (not exaggerating) from our gate at the speedway we found our seats ('C Stand' and under the terrace thank God!) Just before the start/finish line on the front straight. The race was great and exciting as hell (I was at Lagoona Seca back in the late 80's for an Indy Race) this was amazing though, 250,000 people in one spot! Largest sporting event in the world. I think though that I will watch them from the AC comfort of my home from now on. This for me (and the wife) was a one time thing! If I was twenty five and was with the buddies, no problem! Too many hot woman wearing very little, I don't know if my neck hurt from watching the cars whizzing by on the front straight or from looking at all the 'scantily clad' gals all over the place! Of course this all had to be done 'nonchalantly' as I was not alone! The most compelling reason for not 'needing to go there again' has got to bee the walk back to the car and then the two hour drive just to get to the highway! they had cops at every intersection and they were keeping the traffic from going where you wanted to go.. We actually did a half circle around the outside of the speedway before we were turned around and and had to retrace our steps! Too anyone who has been there you know how large the place is. Those of you that have never been to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, It's as large as a medium sized city! Like I said before, I'll watch on TV next time!

Whew! This post is too long, sorry folks, I'll end it quick!

That night I smoked some of each plant just to reorganize my brain and get it back to it's very distorted and normal state of mind! LOL

Good to be home now and I'll try to catch up with all of you.

Outdoor update

Just a quick one (the journal will be along soon). The plants all grew about double in size since I left. I gave them all (except the NL baby) a very light dose (first time) of veg ferts before I left and wow did they grow! I'll get some pics this evening.

Some pics from yesterday and today.

The Runt

DSCN0490_-_Copy.JPG

Her main cola (trimmed)

DSCN04993.JPG

The Runt, starting her life over again! Sealed the stems with Bag Balm

DSCN0610.JPG

The rest of the outdoor crew. Starting from the right and moving to the left, mystery bagseed (SD#1 or SD#2), next are the two Mazars then three SD#2's (SD for San Diego) then the one NL#5 (tiny starter pot). On the left are the four SD#1's. All of the bagseed plants are showing indica traits (so far). They all seem to have 'fat' leaf growth. I'm sure they are all mixed or hybrid strains, but for now looking indica dominant. We'll see how they look later! Hard to see in the pic here, but they have all either been topped (FIM) or supercropped (a few times each) or FIM'd and supercropped! I bend them over completely in the evening and by the next day they are standing straight up again. Some had more secondary growth than others to begin with and those plants are loving the supercropping! Everything is healthy except for one of the SD#2's which has a little yellow on one leaf tip. I'm watching it closely. May have been a symptom of needing ferts from before I fed them in which case it will be fine and it shouldn't get worse.

DSCN06131.JPG

Welcome back woods,been sorta "dry" since you left.I guess everyone's been like me hitting the harvest.sounds like ya'll had fun.real nice cola on your girl.i have about 6 wks till my next harvest,also have two 3rd generation clones coming.Any way glad to have you back posting,i needed some reading material. HH :roorrip::roorrip:

Hi mate,
I have been enjoying your journey; I am writer, and I wanted to say you write very well. I like your prose style, it is immediate and spontaneous. Keep up the good work, and have you ever thought of writing short stories.
happy harvest

HELL YEA. Great smoke report, and i think that runt will do exellent. she looks great all potted up, awith just the right ammount of foliage!!! nice.

welcome back!

Back
Top Bottom