Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Bigirishdoode - Blue Cheese

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Relaxed Lee - Sativa OG Kush

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

420 Girl

We are now accepting nominations for the Nug of the Month contest.

Please submit a photo of your best nug (there is a separate contest thread for plants.) The nug must be your own, either purchased or grown. Optionally, we'd love to hear about the strain, taste, aroma, potency, effect, weight or any other frosty details that you're willing to share.

The contest will be open for submissions from the 1st through the 15th day of each month. Once all submissions are in, we will begin voting for a winner. Winners are announced on the 1st of each month.

Winners earn 100 rep points, "Plant of the Month" title, a case of RAW Rolling Papers from HBI International, 12 Pack of King Size Cones and a 420 Magazine Nug Jar!

Nug-Month_new.jpg

Blue Planet Nutrients contributes all of the following items to our winner.
Sierra Natural Science contributes all of the following items to our winner.
Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Nug of the Year" contest in January.

Rules:

1. Contest entries must be original photos of your own nug. The nug photo may include several nugs or a cola. This nug may be grown by yourself or purchased at a legal medical Marijuana co-op, collective or dispensary.

2. Entries must include ONLY photos of the nug. But you may add one photo as a reference point for size or a closeup/macro.

3. Maximum of two photos per member. Updating photos throughout the month is not allowed.

4. Remember to upload your photo through our Photo Gallery before posting it on this thread.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

5. Nugs must be "dry" and in "ready to smoke" form.

6. Self-nominations only.

7. Competition is open to the first 25 entries.

8. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, may disqualify the entry.

9. Any attempt at voting more than one time per person (i.e. multiple user names, etc.) or cheating in any other form will result in a permanent disqualification from all future contests.

10. Prize packages are sent to legal MMJ states only.

Consolidated Entries for September 2012

Jandre2k3 - Green Fluffy Bunnies

NOTM1_9-1-2012.jpg

NOTM2_9-1-2012.jpg

Cola Monster - Grand Daddy Purple

Greenhouse_Grand_Daddy_Purple.jpg

Organic_Outdoor_Grand_Daddy_Purple.jpg

Xlr8 - Super Lemon Haze

aug_24_nug_shot_01.jpg

aug_24_nug_shot_03.jpg

Grogreen - White Widow x Big Bud

IMG_20120902_085047.jpg

IMG_20120902_100143.jpg

Gittergreen - Purps

001_31_1.JPG

003_29_.JPG

Invi - Critical Jack Herer

BotM_010smp.jpg

BotM_012c_smp.jpg

Doctor Dread - Chernobyl

06715.JPG

007694.JPG

Clever - Skywalker Kush

IMG_002539.JPG

Tweeze25 - Bubba Kush

0913121545.jpg

Bigirishdoode - Blue Cheese

bcnotm.jpg

PicsArt_1347601047434.jpg

Relaxed Lee - Sativa OG Kush

photo_9_21.JPG

Let's start this off . . .

Green Fluffy Bunnies.

I use it for migraines. My excess, I took to the collective and they reported back that they would be needing more. Reports from them were better than I thought: they had run out in 3 days, and got comments like, "It just tastes so YUMMY!" and "That's one of the best I've had in a while... When will you have more?"

Genetics: SSSC (Super Sativa Club) Skunk #1 x Unknown Sweet-Leaf Indica
Grade: A
Type: Sativa Hybrid
Looks: Very nice buds. Lime green color with dark red/orange pistils, although the amount of trichomes really brings out the green. Can be as frosty as if fog had just frozen in place on the buds.
Smell: Quite the Fruity Smell with an Skunk undertone. Can also just have a clean earthy and sour smell as well.
Taste: Taste of sour grapes mixed with sweet tart candies, with an undertone of pure skunk dankness. The exhale will leave you wanting more of that indescribable fruity candy yummy good taste. Just be careful with it.
Effects: Fast and racy, intense, screaming high, that will have you off the couch and out the door for a short 800 mile walk. Furthest from couchlock there is, in my experience.
Potency: 9/10 Very potent
Uses: Anxiety, Stress, Migraine, Appetite Improvement, Pain

Hydroponic Ebb & Flow with Blue Planet Nutrients Elite 3-part with Liquid Blue Bloom Booster.
11 on 13 off HPS 400w
Temp: 77-86 Fahrenheit
RH 43% - 54%
Harvested at 10% amber

Here's a couple shots of my Prop. 215 legal, dried then cured for at least two weeks, all organic greenhouse grown Grand Daddy Purple from last years harvest. Good luck all! :peace:

Greenhouse_Grand_Daddy_Purple.jpg

Organic_Outdoor_Grand_Daddy_Purple.jpg

Green House Seeds - Super Lemon Haze (Super Silver Haze x Lemon Skunk)
Grown by Xlr8

Per the breeder:
"A very lemony haze, works fast and lasts long. It’s a very powerful high, very balanced between a physical and a cerebral side."

I agree, and I would add that Super Lemon Haze is very good at relieving nerve pain for me, is ass-kickingly potent, absolutely loaded with trichomes, and has become an immediate favorite. :)

Oh, and it tastes exactly like "Lemonheads" candy! :yummy:

Flowered indoor: 9 1/2 weeks
THC: 22.9% (per breeder)

aug_24_nug_shot_01.jpg

aug_24_nug_shot_03.jpg

:bong:

Good luck everyone, so here I go, I'm submitting my white widow x big bud strain. :)
Strain review: scent is very sweet, and overwhelmingly potent, every leaf and calyx is covered in a thick layer of trichomes, smoke is out of this world, hit it for the first time last night and I caught myself giggling like a school girl, very full strong taste of sweetness and fruity undertones, super heady high with couch lock after effect....enjoy ;)
IMG_20120902_085047.jpg

IMG_20120902_100143.jpg

Well here it goes.
strain is purps. It had a wonderful skunky grape smell and flavor. The taste is superb, like smoking full bubble melt hash with undertones
of grape. When you break it up in a grinder the smell will take over the house. Hope you enjoy the photos!

001_31_1.JPG
003_29_.JPG

Hey!

Nice competition, especially that lemon haze looks delicious to me.. :)
but what the hell, ill try anyway... this is a Critical Jack Herer bud from my first proper grow, bred by delicious seeds.

I couldn't really describe the taste, minthy, fruity, strong and refreshing. The effect is really nice and sometimes tricky - a strong high that occasionally sends you to chill as if it was an indica, then brings back high. Great for every occasion, adjusts itself to circumstances :)
Weighs about 6g, dense with thick resin coating.

im digging that purp defiantly
Yeah I dont know who grew it out but they did an awsome job! It sets the bar very high for my current grow of it LOL. Oh well I aint screeerd.:high-five:

im digging that purp defiantly
Yeah I dont know who grew it out but they did an awsome job! It sets the bar very high for my current grow of it LOL. Oh well I aint screeerd.:high-five:

Well here it goes.
strain is purps. It had a wonderful skunky grape smell and flavor. The taste is superb, like smoking full bubble melt hash with undertones
of grape. When you break it up in a grinder the smell will take over the house. Hope you enjoy the photos!

001_31_1.JPG
003_29_.JPG

This is a co-op nug? Nice....

This is a co-op nug? Nice....

I bought this bud from local dealer found two seeds out of a ounce. I thought it was nice enough to enter and was a great way to get followers and help with my current grow journal. Im pretty sure the rules state you dont have to be the grower just the owner but I got to say thats a rule to be looked at in my opinion. As long as it not against the rules Im entering it lol. :Namaste:

I bought this bud from local dealer found two seeds out of a ounce. I thought it was nice enough to enter and was a great way to get followers and help with my current grow journal. Im pretty sure the rules state you dont have to be the grower just the owner but I got to say thats a rule to be looked at in my opinion. As long as it not against the rules Im entering it lol. :Namaste:

Oh, believe me, I wasn't complaining, I think it's a nice nug, no matter where it came from.

But as long as we're on the rules, here's the actual rule:
1. Contest entries must be original photos of your own nug. The nug photo may include several nugs or a cola. This nug may be grown by yourself or purchased at a legal medical Marijuana co-op, collective or dispensary.

Here is my entry for September: Chernobyl :trance:

I purchased this nug legally from Breckenridge Organic Therapy. They often grow TGA Subcool strains, which I love. This Chernobyl is no exception. I've been chipping away at an ounce for a couple weeks now and I can report that the effects have not diminished. Some strains I can only smoke for so long until it seems to lose its magic. If I had to put my finger on the smell, I'd say its a mash-up of coffee and petrol. I smell a pleasant earthy aroma, with diesely undertones. One thing that surprised me was the taste. All I can say is, its A1. It has a citrus kick that's pretty far out. The effects of this medicine come on quickly and last long. By the time you exhale, a warmth begins to creep down the spine. All tension and anxiety is washed away.

All in all, this strain really is a treat. Very pungent aroma and taste, and long lasting high. Everyone who's had the pleasure of sampling some has been blown away, "Best I've seen in a while" sort of thing. They promptly ask me if BOT has any left.

The nug shown below weighs in at a little over 3 grams.
06715.JPG

007694.JPG

Good luck to everyone! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to share some of my best (legal) pick-ups from the great state of Colorado! :thanks:

Oh, believe me, I wasn't complaining, I think it's a nice nug, no matter where it came from.

But as long as we're on the rules, here's the actual rule:
what I meant to say was I got it at a local "co-op dealer" :thumb: on the corner of Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha: Where the grass grows purple and fluffy bunnies blvd. hehee. just kidding but for real it was legaly purchased.

Here is my entry for September: Chernobyl :trance:

I purchased this nug legally from Breckenridge Organic Therapy. They often grow TGA Subcool strains, which I love. This Chernobyl is no exception. I've been chipping away at an ounce for a couple weeks now and I can report that the effects have not diminished. Some strains I can only smoke for so long until it seems to lose its magic. If I had to put my finger on the smell, I'd say its a mash-up of coffee and petrol. I smell a pleasant earthy aroma, with diesely undertones. One thing that surprised me was the taste. All I can say is, its A1. It has a citrus kick that's pretty far out. The effects of this medicine come on quickly and last long. By the time you exhale, a warmth begins to creep down the spine. All tension and anxiety is washed away.

All in all, this strain really is a treat. Very pungent aroma and taste, and long lasting high. Everyone who's had the pleasure of sampling some has been blown away, "Best I've seen in a while" sort of thing. They promptly ask me if BOT has any left.

The nug shown below weighs in at a little over 3 grams.
06715.JPG

007694.JPG

Good luck to everyone! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to share some of my best (legal) pick-ups from the great state of Colorado! :thanks:

That is perfect in everyway wow!

what I meant to say was I got it at a local "co-op dealer" :thumb: on the corner of Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha: Where the grass grows purple and fluffy bunnies blvd. hehee. just kidding but for real it was legaly purchased.

Wait, is that the corner at Green Fluffy Bunnies, or Blue Fluffy Bunnies?

Amazing entries everyone!!! Wow I want to reach into my computer and sample all of these fine nugs!!! going to be a close race this month I have a feeling!!!

Back
Top Bottom