J4s2u0's 2nd Grow - PC Growbox and CFL's

j4s2u0

11/21/2010,
Well I finished off my first grow a couple days ago,worked out well enough,thanks to u guys...I actualy managed to get a small harvest of crazy ass bud,it should have gone another 10 days but the high is just perfect the way it is:)
So here is what of got going on,a little list of what I am useing...
1,a compact computer tower/case...
2,right now I am useing 2-42 watt 2700k bulbs,but also have 26watt bulbs...
3,a couple of 6outlet extension cords,but would like a 7outlet one instead...
4,running 2 computer fans for intake and exhaust...
5,a couple rolls of foil tape,it seems to reflect pretty well...
6,a cheap thermometer,but temps are around 86 average...
7,also have outlets and double socket thingys from home depot...
8,time...

It defently took a good while to get the guts out of the pc,the rivets are what slowed me down so much,but after a couple hours it was all clear:)
Another couple hours later and the setups mostly complete,although I switch light fixtures sometimes...
I am going for the most light and lumens I can get in a small pc,cause this aint wana those big ones...this is small!
My 2-42watt bubs make 84watts and around 5200 lumens,
I am going to buy a 7 prong extension cord,that way I can run 4 26watt cfl bulbs,which makes 104watts and around 6800 lumens...so thats a big difference and the extra lumens will help plant growth as long as it doesnt make to much heat,we will see but for now the system is the bomb...
Anyways I took some pics of the setup ect and plants,take a look...
017164.JPG
14812.JPG
14511.JPG
14711.JPG
14214.JPG
14132.JPG
13513.JPG
12185.JPG

Re: j4s2u0's 2nd grow,PC growbox and cfl's...

Seedlings are a couple days old I think,hasent been very long though...
I am planning on vegging for 1 week,then going to 12/12...that way I can keep them short,lsting will be used when I need it...but for right now I want them to stretch some and grow fast and healthy,
Oh ya the temps dont say 86 in the pc cause it was sitting out,and I had just putt it back into the pc...but from what I'v seen 86 is the average,
As always,questions and comments are welcome...:)
I will continue to post updates and pictures as soon as I can,normaly every 3 days I do an update,just depends on how fast there growing ect,lol...
Thanks again guys!:thanks:

Hey thanks bassplayer,
Ya I know,lol...not much room:)
One way or another I will make it work,I wont run out of seeds and time soon,
So now I just got to cross my fingers,that I can pull out a female out of these 4 plants...
Last time the odds were like 1 female out of 7 or so plants,hopping this time the odds are better cause Im only starting with 4:)

would u not consider topping and lst, veg for an extra week-10days before flower...I think that would maximise your space and time better than just lst(look at the shape of my bonsai mum)...Its just what I think, not what I know, Im only on my 2nd grow myself(no, 3rd as of yesterday)
:peacetwo: bp
Medijuana - DIY Cabinet, Perpetual Grow, Airpots, Soil w/LST

:popcorn: Pulling up a chair, never saw a plant in a computer box before!!

Hey there Tmac12,nice to have u along:)
Ya if u told me a year ago,that u could grow bud in a pc case/tower...I wouldent have believed it either,but Iv seen some impressive and some not so impressive ones,but I dident pay anything for it so if it works then it was cheap enough I guess:)
I am going to try and add new pics and update every 3 days unless I have somthing to show before then,
Thanks for stopping by...

I'm interested to see how well this works also. How much bud do you expect to get from this grow? Props for the ingenuity.

Thanks ThinkFab,well if I can get a female again,lol...or a couple I would like to get around 7+ grams,which is probably on the low side of what "could" be had by a pc,but hey...on the first grow she was stunted ect and I cut her down early,and as small as she was I got a good 4 grams dry bud,well it was kinda like one big bud but I seperated it so it would dry quicker,

lookin good bro are you gona leave em in those bowls together

Hey BigSlim,well when its all said and done I just want one plant per container...but right now its fine,I imagine one or both in each will be male,hoping for atleast 1 female out of 5 seedlings,"I have another going thats not pictured as a back up",lol...

Round two is looking good man - one question is , do you have any 6500 k bulbs you could / plan to use for veg or just using the 2700k the whole way through?

I love how they are starting in tupperware containers - unique!

Round two is looking good man - one question is , do you have any 6500 k bulbs you could / plan to use for veg or just using the 2700k the whole way through?

I love how they are starting in tupperware containers - unique!

No I dont have any 6500k bulbs,I wish...lol
I was planning on getting a package of them on the first of next month,
of course by the time that comes I will prolly be doin 12/12 anyways:)
Oh well,I think I will get more 26watt bulbs anyways just cause I read they wear out over time,and the lumens prolly go way down also,so better to start with brand new ones,on the last grow the plants seemed like they loved the 2700k lights ect,they were always growing strong and fast but I do see ur point,considering the plans use the 6500k spectrum more while there in veg,oh well...looks like I will try and get everything perfect wise on the 3rd grow! Haha:)

Cfl's usually last at least 3 years in this environment. Most manufacturers say they last 8-10 years, but that typically is with only 3 hours of use per day. Granted, most wear and tear is when they get turned on and off.

Back
Top Bottom