J4s2u0's 2nd Grow - PC Growbox and CFL's

Re: j4s2u0's 2nd grow,PC growbox and cfl's...

j4,
this is really neat....ive seen others use the comp. body, but that is really neat to see the inside and how you set it up....that is terrific....the plants look nice and healthy....and you cant ask for more....great job....watch the heat tho....hugs, L

Re: j4s2u0's 2nd grow,PC growbox and cfl's...

j4,
this is really neat....ive seen others use the comp. body, but that is really neat to see the inside and how you set it up....that is terrific....the plants look nice and healthy....and you cant ask for more....great job....watch the heat tho....hugs, L

Hey thanks lavender,
The hard part is waiting for them to grow,lol...but the seedlings are growing,
In the last couple days the heat has been up around 88-90,so I have been leaving the door open ect,its prolly cause its cold outside and the heats always on now,oh well:)
Thanks for stopping by...

11/24/2010,Update...
Seedlings are around 5 days old today,looking good I think,still alive so thats good,lol...
I noticed the round "first" leaves under the first set of true leaves are kinda yellowing all ready,this might be normal,I dont remeber,haha...but it also might be because I had to transplant a couple that sprouted in a smaller container,and I fed them a very small dose of foxfarm big bloom,as I have read it gives the plants a jump after re-planting ect...it sounded like u could use them on seedling every other water ect,just do it lighty?
Anyways,I will use just water for the next couple watering if it continues,
Here are some pics I just took,this is 3 days after the last pics...
021130.JPG
04928.JPG
04831.JPG
04735.JPG
02681.JPG
02594.JPG

I have been leaving the pc door open a little to let in air ect as these are just seedlings I dont want to stress them more then I have to,it gets around 86-88 degrees in the pc when its closed,bigger plants dont mind this realy from what I have seen,
I also noticed one of the seedlings looks a little different,it had its second set of leaves pointing straight up at the light even a couple days ago,weird...it might be one of those fast growing giant males I seem to get every time,lol...:)
Anyways,comments/suggestions?
I will update again when somthing happens!

Oh ya,one more thing...
In less then a week,once I get my check ect...
I am going to get into the pc again and take everything out but the fans,probably do a better foil tape job on the inside,after I install the lights how I want them...
I was happy with the bigger 42watt bulbs but I noticed I cant move the containers up at all and still close the pc because the exstension cords are in the way ect,and this is about pissig me off,lol...:p
So I decided when we go to walmart in a couple days,I want to get a 7outlet extension cord,"and hope it fits in the pc!"...this way I can have just one exstension cord way up top out of the way from everything,and run 4-26watt cfl bukbs in stead of the 2-42watt bulbs Im useing now,right now I am around 5200 lumens and after I switch I should be around 104watts and 6800lumens....
I think the extra lumens,plus the extra room in the pc will work to my favor:)
This isent one of those huge pc's...this one is on the smaller side,
If I remeber right its like 14-15" tall...17" long and 8" wide...ya small:)
I guess I could always run another fan if for some reason it gets to hot in the pc after adding the new lights ect...

So I watered them a little this morning and by noon time today there were 2 more little sproutlings coming up out of the ground right next to the other plants,I mean to close...lol,anyways
I pulled the 2 sprouts out and planted them in another container and put them under a desk lamp,we will see what happens but Im not exspecting much from them:)
The seedlings are looking better though,I probably shouldent have feed them at all but they made it,slight yellowing but growth seems to be picking up a little...

Hey j4 everything is looking great so far bro!!! Are you gonna transfer those plants to their own pot? Otherwise the grow might be slow because of competing root growth. Besides that it looks great and I love the set up very creative. I'll be checking in from time to time bro. Keep it real. :reading420magazine:

J4s2u0 hey your set up is lookn good man. your babies are lookn healthy as well. :grinjoint:
about the yellowing of the their first set of leaves i wouldnt worry unless you see the same thing happening to the true leaves. on my first grow i was using tap water and the the ph was like 12 hahaha and was causing the true leaves of my seedlings to yellow. its good if you are not already doing so to test the ph of what you are feeding with, even if it is just water. i took me 2 grows to figure that out hahahaha i think you are gonna have a great grow. :tokin:

Hey j4 everything is looking great so far bro!!! Are you gonna transfer those plants to their own pot? Otherwise the grow might be slow because of competing root growth. Besides that it looks great and I love the set up very creative. I'll be checking in from time to time bro. Keep it real. :reading420magazine:

Thanks tnoldon,
My plan is to not transfer or replant them,I am hopping to flower soon and get rid of the males anyways,I am hopping for 1 female per container...
There is planty of room in here for 2 small females with lst,if I end up with just 1 female then yes I will transfer into a bigger container and just grow the single plant out and see how much bud I can pack in this thing:)
My goal this grow is double my first grow,which was 4 grams or so dry...so anything over 7 grams would be nice,a 1/2oz is realy what I wanted to get but Im not going to aim to high just yet,lol...

J4s2u0 hey your set up is lookn good man. your babies are lookn healthy as well. :grinjoint:
about the yellowing of the their first set of leaves i wouldnt worry unless you see the same thing happening to the true leaves. on my first grow i was using tap water and the the ph was like 12 hahaha and was causing the true leaves of my seedlings to yellow. its good if you are not already doing so to test the ph of what you are feeding with, even if it is just water. i took me 2 grows to figure that out hahahaha i think you are gonna have a great grow. :tokin:

Hey there falcore,:)
Whats weird is I have been using tap water with all my grows,never once had a problem with hi ph ect...I think I just fed them to early,I should have waited a couple more days if not a week,lol...oh well
The all look much better now,I waterd this morning and it seemed to have helped some all ready...
I also looked on the bottoms of the cantainers "clear" and the roots on all the plants have reached the bottom and branching out slowly,well one is slow but the other one got way more roots down bottom....
A couple of them have a slight yellow but I think its kinda fadding,I will put up pics of the plants and a pic of the roots soon,

roots dont like light, you may want to wrap the containers with tape, or something like that. grow is looking good so far. you might be able to find a better flowing fan at Radio Shack, so you can get your temps down a bit too. good luck.

roots dont like light, you may want to wrap the containers with tape, or something like that. grow is looking good so far. you might be able to find a better flowing fan at Radio Shack, so you can get your temps down a bit too. good luck.

Hey there ThinkFab:)
Ya the first thing I did with these containers was to use some foil tape and taped all around the containers,except the bottom so I can see the roots...but there isent any light getting to the roots so I think it will work...
I would love to get some new quieter,more powerful fans but money is way to tied up right now,most I have seen are like 10-20 a piece for regular size fans so I bet the good ones are even more,lol...one day it will happen,just not know:)
Thanks dude,

11/29/2010,Update...
Well today the seedlings are 10 days old,they look healthy for the most part,one has a bit of yellowing on the leaf but its defently from feeding them to early,
I wanted to wait untill they were a week old to start flowering,but I started flowering 12/12 on there 10th day...ya I no its ealry but I need to know the sex before all there roots start tagling up ect,so thats one of the reason for doing it early,and I am growing in a friggen pc,haha:)
Anyways,they all ready got there first 12 hour dark last night so Im crossing my fingers that I see sex asap,lol..ya I know it will take 15-20 days atleast but Im just hopping they do it quick,lol...males usealy show themselves around 10-14 days in my experience but ya,I will keep updating as time goes on:)
Here are some pics,
004479.JPG
005454.JPG
006399.JPG
002537.JPG
003506.JPG

I will also post pics of the new light setup in a couple days,still have to buy the stuff,lol...but what I want is a 7outlet extenion cord mountes sideways up top and out of the way,and then use 2-26watt 2700k bulbs,and 2 6500k bulbs...that way I get different light spectrums ect...from what I read the 6500k bulbs will help more with veggatative growth,or growth in general...anyways I will try it and see how it works,
After I got a female or two and everythings looking good and they start budding ect I will replace the 2 6500k bulbs back to the 2700k...that way the can use it to help finish flower faster....
Any thought or comments/questions are all welcome:)

Coming along nicely, tons of root development going on. Something I wish I would have done with my first 2 plants is fill the pots to the very top with soil. I later realized how much more room they would have gotten to grow. If you have any soil left, you may want to put some more in those containers to help get more real estate out of what you have. Just a suggestion, but I do like this setup. Its so stealthy and unique.

Back
Top Bottom