Age of Plant

Chinnubie

Hello I've been watching a couple of plants grow and from a lot of advice from this site and Ed Rosenthal's-Guide to Growing they have been doing exceptionally well. One question I wanted to know, when do you begin the aging process, for example, do I start counting from the time I put the seed into the soil or wait a week after germination then start counting weeks?

P.S. Thanks for all the great help this site provides.:thanks:

Can't say for sure because I'm new too but I have noticed that it seems the important time to start tracking is once lighting has switched to 12/12 and sex has shown indicating the beginning of flowering. From that point is when you will start to count based upon the 8-10 weeks for flowering to harvest depending upon strain. Hopefully someone with more experience can jump in and correct me if I'm wrong :) Welcome to the forum!

:ciao: Chinnubie, and :welcome: to the great community here at :420: where we are dedicated to spreading Cannabis and Hemp awareness throughout the world.

budnoob2 is right, generally you start counting weeks upon flipping to 12/12 (usually after the plants have shown sex). The breeders' information usually refers to the weeks of flowering time.
Some people do different things, like counting from the day of sprout etc., but generally it's done per the flip to 12/12.

Ed Rosenthal's guide is awesome, I've followed his advice on many things.
If you like, there's a thread here on :420: that is all about growing cannabis and it is very informative from germinating, lighting, nutrients and everything in between.
Here's the link if you have some time to read through or refer to it when needed:

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Have fun and good luck with your plants!
:thumb:

:welcome: fellow grower, I don't even have to read the 3rd post here from Canna, just do whaat she said, you're getting help from the best.

You chose the best IMO, make yourself at home, feel free to click on my journal below, share some laughs, post a question,

or just see a unique style of growing for better yields! enjoy :thumb:

Thanks for welcoming me to the site, but can't compete with the level of ability you guys have shown. Hoping to one day be able to produce my own medicine to eliminate the out-of-pocket expense, plus I've been given a hobby that has truly amazed my every expectation.

Thanks Again......

Dankness,
I totally agree with you from what I've seen on this site there is literally 9 million ways to grow. One has found me and I am golden, but the added advice really helps to put out small fires before they become 5 alarm blazes. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom