First Time Grower - Ever!

synbad

Greetings all! Thanks for looking at my post. I'm a first time ever grower, long time cannabis enthusiast. I'm at a place in my life where I have the place/space; time and money to do a small grow for personal use. I like the idea of knowing what exactly has gone into what I'm using and I'm looking forward to experimenting with the various strains out there. I really like that everyone here seems to share a love for the plant, like I do, and am looking forward to making friends and learning from whomever is willing to share their knowledge and experience with me and hope I can be in a position to be able to share and help out other newbies as well.

Specs:

Grow area: 32"x32"x63" Giantex grow tent in a closet
Lighting: Galaxyhydro LED 300w (3 watt chip) grow light
Blower: VenTech 190 CFM, 4" blower with a variable speed controller and a VenTech carbon filter
Fan: 6" clip-on fan moving the seedling around but not enough to cause wind burn
Grow Media: Grodan 1.5 inch Starter Mini-Block and Leca Clay hydroponic grow media in a 6" net pot
Nutrients: General Hydroponics FloraGro, FloraBloom, FloraMicro and CALiMAGic
Water Pump: ECOPlus ECO 66 submersible pump 75 GPH
Air Pump: An air pump with a couple of air air stones I picked up from Wal-Mart
Container: 5 gallon bucket using about 4 gallons of RO water, enough to cover the bottom of the net pot
Cannabis Strain: White Widow Feminized seed

Monitoring Equipment:
Acurite 00613A1 Indoor humidity monitor
Handheld pH meter
Handheld TDS and Temperature meter

My seedling is 13 days old as of today. I've been doing some reading and my humidity seemed low for the vegetation stage (43% RH) so I put a cool mist humidifier in my tent, it's hanging around 60-75% RH and the temperature range is 72-84 DegF. I'm keeping the pH around 6.0-6.3 and waiting a few more days before I do my first topping and start LST.

IMG_34067.JPG
IMG_34076.JPG
IMG_341111.JPG
IMG_341411.JPG

Welcome to :420: synbad! You are off to a great start and have a great setup. There a lot of people here that will guide you along if you run into any issues.

By the looks of it, you should be able to top her by the end of the weekend or Monday. They sure do grow fast, so enjoy them when they are babies.

Have some of this and relax :passitleft: :welcome:

P101006321.JPG

P101006416.JPG

P101006518.JPG

P101006617.JPG

P101006910.JPG

P101006713.JPG

Today is day 35 since her tail sprouted. I've topped her once, cleaned up some of her lower leaves and doing some LST. Just increased her nutrient levels with today's water change. Keeping an eye on her and trying to determine when I should do the switch over to 12/12. Any words of wisdom as to what I should be looking for as to when I should do that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

P101006713.JPG
P10100785.JPG
P10100774.JPG

Thanks for words of encouragement and support!
The top pic is 5 days ago. The next two are today.
Five days ago I switched her to 12/12. I'm using General Hydroponics nutes, I increased her bloom and decreased her grow and micro. I'm amazed at how much shes grown in 5 days.
I couldn't ask for a better first grow experience!
Thanks again all!

Back
Top Bottom