Crawdaddy's First Grow in 10+ Years Greenhouse/Soil - 2013

Crawdaddy

Hello Everybody,

Been reading through these forums for last few months figured I start my own journal from my current grow. First time i been able to grow in 10+ years. Since I moved away from Big Island have not had proper place to do it. Well now I am finally settled in my new house and with my medical license I can grow up to 15 plants legally. So lets grow!

Strains:
2 * Grape Ape-Indica dominant Hybrid (I think)
3 * Heavenly - not sure but looks to be more Indica
1 * Choco Chunk- seems to be an Indica also

Got these clones from a local friend of mine. They arrived at my house around 5/10/13.

Outdoor grow in a 10' X 10' Green house

Using FF Happy Frog soil in 15 gallon (I think do not remember exactly) pots.

Using FF nutes per label instructions. with some SuperThrive added every now and then

Got these ladies about 5/10. Left them under CFLs for first few weeks. Then put them outside. A few weeks after putting out we had a week stretch of real cool/rainy weather. I am in Pacific NW so normally it dry this time of year so was strange. Anyhow I think the plants got confused and started to go to flower. I was thinking I may get a late Summer harvest, but then it got Sunny/Warm again and they seem to revert back to vegging.

My biggest issue so far is I have some spider mites. Using SM-90 1:5 spray right now, hopefully that nip it in the bud so to speak.

I have topped them and pulled a lot of branches down, so I am hoping for many tops.

They are some very nice bushy and thirsty(a gallon per plan every other day and it needs to be increased) ladies.

Anyhow enough of the talk here are some pics as of today (7_20_13)....

Whole Garden:
whole_garden_7_20_13.JPG

CC #1 :
CC_7_20_13.JPG

A #1
A_1_7_20_13.JPG

A#2 Close up- if you look close you can tell it was flowering now regrowing (I think ????)
A_2_close_up_7_20_13.JPG

Hope my grow is up to the 420 standard :) Would love input or thoughts.

Re: Crawdaddy's First Grow in 10+ Years Greenhouse/Soil -2013

15 gallon pot + topping = lots of goodies

I am hoping. What scares me is the spider mites, I have seen them destroy buds in my past. Not so bad on veg plants, hoping to get rid of them before flower time.

Speaking of flower time, growing outdoor at about 45 degrees north, does anyone have any idea when a typical plant would start to flower?

I have to sub for this!! My kind of grow mate, gorgeous looking plants, ladybugs will do the trick for ya..very nice job on the data collection, I like your style!!
:thumb:

I have to sub for this!! My kind of grow mate, gorgeous looking plants, ladybugs will do the trick for ya..very nice job on the data collection, I like your style!!
:thumb:

Thank you Lester. I am hoping they turn out as well as they look now. I am so paranoid of spider mites. You seem to have your battles with budworms.

I am going to try and find some ladybugs locally or online.

I have some more pics of planning for next endeavor.....

Here is a picture of 3 seedlings. Upper right is a Greenhouse Seeds Hawaiian Snow that is being LSTed. top left is Dutch Passion brainstorm. Bottom right is Dutch Passion Blueberry. I bought 5 of each strain(all feminized), so figured see the general characteristics of each strain. My plan is to keep them under fluorescent at night/green house during day, until 8/1 then put in green house. May take clones of each to grow under light over winter. They are about a month from putting seed in ground. These are what I will be growing in over winter.

seedlings7_21_13.JPG

When I was pulling down my CC plant I bent one of the real lower branches. So i figured take a couple clones from it. Been about a week, still no wilting. I think they will take now.

CC_CLones7_21_13.JPG

And here is the weekly height/width graphs.

As you can see the widths in many increased significantly. Those were the ladies I pulled the branches farther out/down. It really opened up the plants a lot. If I get significant stretch in flower these ladies are going to be large.

height10.jpg
Width2.jpg

So figured i would make small update....First the positive photo..

This is my favorite branch on all my plants, I just like the number of growth areas and how they all perky and growing up.

Best_Branch_7_24_13.JPG

Now possible issues, minor so far. On my adult plants I have many leaf tips that are turned down. My theories are just plain heat (been high 80's low 90's last week, cooling back to normal next week) cause in green house. Or a Ph problem. Or maybe nute burn. I tested Ph with cheap 10 buck soil ph tester, in the high 6 area. Ordered a better soil tester and water tester, be here Friday. Any feedback be greatly appreciated...

Big_plant_leaf_tips_7_24_13.jpg

Also the following two photos show on seedlings. These could be sun burn, in addition to other causes above, cause I had indoors under flourescent until past weekend when started to bring them out during day. Since i do not have A/C was pretty warm in there too, peaking out at 90-93 on hot days. Once again any input be appreciated. I have only fed these plants once with 1/4 strength FF Big Bloom and some superthrive.
HS_burnt_tips_7_24_13.JPG
Seedling_Burnt_tips_2_7_24_13.JPG

very nice plants. looks like some nutrient burn.

very nice plants. looks like some nutrient burn.

Thank you, and nute burn was my most likely culprit. Going to just feed str8 water for a while no matter. They are thirsty ladies too, requiring a gallon each a day now.

Back
Top Bottom