Crawdaddy's First Grow in 10+ Years Greenhouse/Soil - 2013

Re: Crawdaddy's First Grow in 10+ Years Greenhouse/Soil -2013

Slight nute burn. Edge tips up are from heat and High/Low humidity which may correct itself depending on weather temps and humidity. Otherwise watch for yellowing at the edge tips which will be a potassium deficiency.

Slight nute burn. Edge tips up are from heat and High/Low humidity which may correct itself depending on weather temps and humidity. Otherwise watch for yellowing at the edge tips which will be a potassium deficiency.

Well high temps/low humidity sure describes the weather here lately.

I got some new goodies in the mail today...

1. Soil PH Tester, 20 buck variety, not the best but do not want to pay >$100. it telling my all my pot's soil is in the 7.0-7.5 range. Seem a bit high?

2 Oakton Ecotestr pH2-water pH tester about $60 on amazon. My water in gallon jugs after sitting out for 24-48 hours was 6.8 or so. When first put into jugs it was 7.8, seems high for normal town water?

3. Scapel's - like $8 for pack of 10- took some clones, so now I have 2 clones of each Grape Ape, Heavenly and Choco chunk(big plants) and 1 clone of each of my seedlings; Hawaiian Snow, blueBerry and Brain storm. I hope they all root.

Will post some more pics this weekend. Bit cooler today, high of 88, supposed to be around 78-82 starting tomorrow for next week. much better!

Checked on my ladies this morning. I really think the 3 Heavenly plants and the choco chunk have all started their stretch. giving it a few days then will know for sure. These ladies definitely need a good stretch before making buds, they are such compacts plants now they need to spread out for good buds.

I am worried cause they have been slightly confused all summer, have always had the female preflower pistils and I think they started to flower when i first put them out late May after being under 24 hour light. Then as days got longer they reverted back to veg, so MANY inter nodes and VERY tight spacing. SO i am hoping they get a good stretch in before really budding.

May need to do some serious clearing out of closely spaced branchs, we will see.

Giving it another day hoping the stretch out then taking some photos and measurements tomorrow. Sunday is their weekly check up:)

It ALOT cooler today, I bet they be much happier.

Did some work in the garden today and took lots of pictures. So much more pleasant now that it cooled off. nice breeze today too.

So my main task was to continue my war on the spider mites. So I sprayed everything down with a 5:1 mix of SM-90 and water. 2nd time i have treated them, first was last week.

Here are some pics of the whole garden, going to make new posts with shots of young plants and each individual large plant.

Enjoy!

WholeGarden7_27_13_4_.JPG
WholeGarden7_27_13_3_.JPG
WholeGarden7_27_13_2_.JPG
WholeGarden7_27_13_1_.JPG

Here are my 3 young ones, plan is to see how they bud and use for winter indoor grow.

I bought 5 each of Greenhouse seeds Hawaiian Snow(I LOVE Sativas), 5 Dutch Passion Blueberry, and 5 Dutch Passion Brainstorm. Planted one bean of each about 6/20/13.

I have been LSTing the Hawaiian Snow, the Blueberry and Brainstorm look alot alike, almost like they could be males, but supposed to be feminzed seeds. Probably move them to greenhouse permanently, putting under fluorescents at night now, around 8/1. I took a top clone from each yesterday, hope they turn out well and clones live. Make good start for indoor grow.

Anyhow here are the pics...

Hawaiian Snow(and my foot)
HS_Youngin.JPG

BlueBerry:
BB_youngin.JPG

BrainStorm
BS_Youngin.JPG

Grape Ape #2, a bit more stretchy then #1, but still not near open enough IMO

GA_2_WholePlant.JPG

and close up of some weird regrow growth on it, if you look close it looks like a stem growing out of fan leaf stem. going to keep it for a while see what happens. I will try to get picture that shows it better later if anyone curious.
GA_2_CloseUp.JPG

Back
Top Bottom