10' x 14' Soil NW

Re: 10x14ft soil NW

I want to try LST with my second grow. Is it a better yield that people do it so often or is it more for space? I may just do 1 lst, 1 natural vert and 2 that I top a few times, If I use all the same strain I should get a pretty good idea of what works best for me. I would love to have all that lighting you're getting but the one 400W I have loves to eat electricity as it is. Can't wait to see that White Widow you have get fat!

Ok Icky in my experiences lst is way faster then hst (high stress training). Topping is a form of hst and lst is way faster becxause you are not taking anything off the plant you are not cutting anything off of it. I personally like topping better because I get a little over zealeous when it comes down to pulling to top over and tying it down. But if you are going to compare lst to hst and to natural you will need to have a mother and cut clones off of her so that you get a fair comparison they all need to have the same veg time and they all get the same amount of light. I am saying this to you because if you try to start multiples of seeds of the same strain then the only variable that you have is gone. This is because most of the seed companies out there only really have f1 hybrids which means that they are not stabalized so you will and or can get a differnt pheno with every seed that you start. Different phenos can either make you or break you when it comes down to it in the end. Like I have this opportunity to test this led that on paper makes the 1250 ho by stealth grow led look like it is over priced bad. I am using 2400 watts of hid power and i have to take down 1400 to test this light. I have found out that my number one strain is my trinity and that it is the most stable one out there that i have. I really want to see what happens with your experiment with lst, hst, and all natural so good luck to ya and if it sounds kinda mean the way i have been saying this Im sorry about that i am just trying to help out as many medical patients or caregivers as i can since i am a patient and a care giver for my buddy. I really just want to help out as many people as i can because i lost touch of this forum do to alot of things that were going on and i mean no disrespect to any one on here

@Hypnotic: Dude that was outstanding info, You brought up a few excellent points I didn't even think of. You didn't sound mean, lmao. I won't clone until I get good fem seeds. Next grow.

The Girls are looking awesome! just watered again today and did another precautionary bu spray, although no new signs have shown. Most spots that were topped are growing back in beautifully. some are being slowish. just topped all major nodes on the plants which havn't been previously been topped. hopefully next week they will be boomin. a lot of great growth. they are lovin the lst and 1/4 strength nutes.

Hey there again! back again with another. semi-late update! things have been going fairly well. my magtorch propane torch broke somehow.. it started leaking while off. so we got a new one, some new hashoil and am having and awesome time. haha. However the other day i cut a good chunk out of my fingernail and finger the other day.. i couldn't find the chunk so they had nothing to sew on.. yay medication!!

ak-47
IMAG000220.JPG

IMAG000615.JPG

hindu kushiess
IMAG00109.JPG

IMAG001110.JPG

IMAG00188.JPG

IMAG002013.JPG

white widooow
IMAG00179.JPG

Family photo!
IMAG002314.JPG

In my personal opinion (Most of my knowledge is with outdoor plants but I have some indoor). LST is god damn amazing! What I tried to do was create a few little LST branches, and I tied those down with a rope. They grew in that way and the branches are holding nice and strong on 4 different strains(2 sativas and 2 indicas!) A combo of LST and Topping seems to work best to increase your yield.

I'm also happy to see you got your PH problems worked out. I was a little worried about your grow looking at the earlier pictures. My best advise is to keep the nutes very light from here on out. I personally use about a 1/3 of the recommend nutes. Sometimes even less. Use Distilled water to flush your plants every once in a while if you have more problems that will help stabilize the PH.

I also read you say you think your AK-47 may be an auto-flower. Im currently doing work with Auto-Flowers (Gotta have somethin to grow outside year round right :D). If you didnt get it from seed theres a 99% chance its not an auto-flower. If its a clone theres really no way for it to be an auto-flower.

In my personal opinion (Most of my knowledge is with outdoor plants but I have some indoor). LST is god damn amazing! What I tried to do was create a few little LST branches, and I tied those down with a rope. They grew in that way and the branches are holding nice and strong on 4 different strains(2 sativas and 2 indicas!) A combo of LST and Topping seems to work best to increase your yield.

I'm also happy to see you got your PH problems worked out. I was a little worried about your grow looking at the earlier pictures. My best advise is to keep the nutes very light from here on out. I personally use about a 1/3 of the recommend nutes. Sometimes even less. Use Distilled water to flush your plants every once in a while if you have more problems that will help stabilize the PH.

I also read you say you think your AK-47 may be an auto-flower. Im currently doing work with Auto-Flowers (Gotta have somethin to grow outside year round right :D). If you didnt get it from seed theres a 99% chance its not an auto-flower. If its a clone theres really no way for it to be an auto-flower.

Chobble is correct on that one since autos are not a photoperiod there is no way to clone it they grow to a certain height then they start to flower. One of my buddies in hawaii was like only autos for me and i had to sit there until he came to me and was like your right what type of cloner should i get for myself. He likes going from seed but after everything that he has seen from me and how quick i get my harvests he was like i guess keeping mothers is the only way to go. Little side tracked but also with ph that can mess eerything up. Since you are in the Pacific Northwest you should look into aurora innovations roots organics soil since it is all organic all you have to do is feed the microbes in the soil I am experimenting right now about it and my meds seem to just like the molasis only waterings so i can feed the microbes. They like the flora nova also but the ones that are just molasis all the way threw they smell way more over the ones that i have used nutes with. Maybe that is why one of my half pound plants was jacked lol. Brighter side of things isjust make sure your medium and your roots are happy and you will have very quick and smooth harvests.

yeah things are going smoothly now!
Spider mites are being kept at bay/hopefully almost all dead. with near daily water spray/Fox Farms: Dont Bug Me spray after water
at day 14(today) i bumped ppm of water up to about 700.
4.5 gallons
cal+mag 22.5ml
Botanicare 30ml
Bio Root 25ml
Phdown 4ml
PH 5.8
PPM 676
My thumb hurts really badly so its been hard getting everything done around the garden/work/home. but its all test!

I tend to over think things so that although a pain at the time, they are done right. orr just get medicated and not do them at all :blunt:

P.S. Thank you much for the info about the ak-47! I am so glad to hear they cannot be autoflower! yay normal awesome plants! :adore:

yeah things are going smoothly now!
Spider mites are being kept at bay/hopefully almost all dead. with near daily water spray/Fox Farms: Dont Bug Me spray after water
at day 14(today) i bumped ppm of water up to about 700.
4.5 gallons
cal+mag 22.5ml
Botanicare 30ml
Bio Root 25ml
Phdown 4ml
PH 5.8
PPM 676
My thumb hurts really badly so its been hard getting everything done around the garden/work/home. but its all test!

I tend to over think things so that although a pain at the time, they are done right. orr just get medicated and not do them at all :blunt:

P.S. Thank you much for the info about the ak-47! I am so glad to hear they cannot be autoflower! yay normal awesome plants! :adore:

There is AK-47 Autoflowers, I know I have a bag of seeds in my room. If you didnt grow it from seed though your probably okay.

Re: 10x14ft Soil NW

Going good it looks like, washington growers are popular on this site it seems. I am in the great pacific north west myself, i havent checked in here for a while but glad i did, plants are doing great it seems. Up there i think i saw your post say the ph is at 5.8 and noticed the plants sag just a tad bit, im not sure if ots genetics or what but id try raising the ph a bit 5.8 is hydro ph levels i hope i didnt read anything wrong i skimmed really fast once i realized you had pics up lol. But if your ph is higher than that right now ignore my ranting lol, but i think those plants can reach for the sky at a better ph level

Going good it looks like, washington growers are popular on this site it seems. I am in the great pacific north west myself, i havent checked in here for a while but glad i did, plants are doing great it seems. Up there i think i saw your post say the ph is at 5.8 and noticed the plants sag just a tad bit, im not sure if ots genetics or what but id try raising the ph a bit 5.8 is hydro ph levels i hope i didnt read anything wrong i skimmed really fast once i realized you had pics up lol. But if your ph is higher than that right now ignore my ranting lol, but i think those plants can reach for the sky at a better ph level

fer sure man. i thot it was a ph issue too. with water at 5.8 the first few times run off was still running acidic like 7 to 7.2 ish. its dropped down to more like 6.5 in the last week which they seem to like more :) Been puttin water at 6.2 now. :thanks: :D thanks for stopping by again too!

Bought two new bags of soil, a 400 mh bio weed, bio thrive (switching to GO bio series) idk why we just felt like it. Got cloning gear, and stopped at home depot for electrical gear. installed a 240v outlet for the 400watt for some reason they didn't have and 400w 120v today.. lame. but this afternoon gonna wire up the room for fans and lights. oh so much fun learning and fixing!

Hello there again! Pics i took last night. Got a 400watt MH setup for additional veg. The gilrs seem to love it. Buddha passion clone(purple urkele x master kush) seems to be starting to grow a bit already today!

Flourescent room B.P., slower ak47, short hindu kush "ugly bitch", and white widow
IMAG006611.JPG

White widow
IMAG006311.JPG

Slow ak47
IMAG00599.JPG

B.P.
IMAG00579.JPG

Ugly Bitch
IMAG006411.JPG

Bigger girl room, 5xhindu kush and faster ak47
IMAG005613.JPG

ak47
IMAG005110.JPG

IMAG00435.JPG

hindu kush
IMAG004010.JPG

IMAG00446.JPG

IMAG00459.JPG

IMAG00479.JPG

IMAG004810.JPG

IMAG005212.JPG

IMAG00539.JPG

IMAG00548.JPG

IMAG005510.JPG

Room
IMAG006815.JPG

Pull your pants up "Home Boy"! ha ha! Plants are looking good Dank!

AN UPDATE for those of you tuning in to this Post. Just got done with a photo shoot. Photos were taken on 12/8/11

Overview Shots

006564.JPG

This is the "Lil Girl" Closet, It has 2 Hindu Kush and 1 white widow clone, not seen is white widow plant and Buddha Passion

012331.JPG

This is the "Big Girl" Closet. it has 2 AK-47 Plants in the Back Left, with the other 4 being Hindu Kush

008517.JPG

White Widow Clone

020169.JPG

Buddha Passion

018199.JPG

White Widow

009473.JPG

AK-47

014298.JPG

Hindu Kush

A Brief Update

Spider mites are a pain in my ass. the hindu kush is VERY dense and they hide in there too well. one plant in particular was posin an uphill battle.. She is now dead and gone. We took clones from her first though, two more from white widow and one from each ak-47.

My roommmate went and got doktor doom spider mite spray, Fox Farms Dont Bug Me wasn't doing the job.. he over sprayed a bit while i was at work.. some burnt leaves near bottoms.. I triple sprayed with water and watered them last night and definately saw some new growth.

My roommate is supposed to recieve a good sum of money january 1st. The plants will be vegging until probably january 3rd. At this point the first batch will go into flowering.

looking good bro! Whats the poles around the Widow, are you Lst off that?

Back
Top Bottom