DankWolf's 1st - Multi-Strain In Soil - Fall 2015

Fred Meyer sells a pyrethium based spray in their garden aisle. They even have it off-season. Spray well after lights out, then give her a vigorous shower in the morning. Let her rest a day, check for bugs, then repeat as necessary until the buggers are gone. The cool-water shower won't wash away your trics. I've done this, and the ladies LOVED it!

Hmmm... probably thrips, but the ones I've seen have pointy butts and more visible wings. Maybe it's the pictures, but your pests look like a more round fanny and I'm not seeing the wings.

Best of luck getting rid of whatever they are. :high-five:

Theyd better hurry it up before daddy evolves and destroys everything.

Wow. Epic fail on my part. Lights out 1.5hrs ago and i forgot, to seal the outside lights out... On top of child turning lights on earlier, before lights on.
...on top of thrips that grow wings and will undoubtedly spread to every other plant.

Im this ... Close to hanging my hat and posting craigslist for sale ads. :straightface:

Don't let the buggers get you down you got this! :high-five:

Death to thrips! (or whatever the critters are)

From most of what I've read a slip up here or there with the lights shouldn't cause any issues, only if its a consistent problem so I wouldn't stress too much

image5387.jpeg

Springtails are thought to be the most abundant insect on the planet. They are an integral part of the decomposition process. They thrive in overly damp soil conditions, which makes sense if you think about what they do, and they don't fly, they jump, almost like fleas.

Springtails that infest houseplants are found in soil that is excessively damp or in soil mixes contain a high percentage of peat. They feed on decaying roots and fungi. Although humans may find them annoying they are no threat to your plants. Thrips are another matter altogether.

I think/hope SS hit the nail on the head.

image5387.jpeg

Springtails are thought to be the most abundant insect on the planet. They are an integral part of the decomposition process. They thrive in overly damp soil conditions, which makes sense if you think about what they do, and they don't fly, they jump, almost like fleas.

Springtails that infest houseplants are found in soil that is excessively damp or in soil mixes contain a high percentage of peat. They feed on decaying roots and fungi. Although humans may find them annoying they are no threat to your plants. Thrips are another matter altogether.

:adore: awesome post Sue :love:

i was going to say, let's figure out what they are and if they are even doing damage. :) i was doubting thrips.

Im about 50-99% sure they are thrips ..?

Boggles my mind where the F they came from..
And now, how to rid them without popular insecticides.
Was going to make a pepper concoction, unfortunately the store only had bell peppers. Sad. Just sad!

I still see i have some preditory mites too, but i watch them waltz right past these new bugs. Bastards are fired!

rehire! lol.. if you still see predators they must be feeding on something. they are fairly selective so unfortunately it means there are spider mites somewhere.. or recently were lol. i wouldn't treat with any insecticides at this point. sounds like you may gain the leading edge. once the predators are gone you can go systemic.. just thoughts. hard to say without actually being there.. and everyone is dealing with different environmental factors. one thing i can say is thrips are typically easier to get rid of than mites.

hang in there bud. :love: this is just another aspect of growing.. like balancing PH, learning about lighting, dealing with heat etc. it's probably the most annoying and irritating aspect by far, but you can do it. hell, if i've tortured myself this long anyone can :laughtwo: just remember the emotions attached to this particular aspect are short lived. nothing is a true panic.. breathe. don't do anything in haste.

:Namaste:

Pity, because it looked like Sue hit the nail on the head. Springtails and not thrips.

Back
Top Bottom