100% Sativa - First Grow - 2012

AlwaysLearnin

Hello everyone, I've figured it seem's smart if I want to get experience to help guide me through my first grow. I've already got a few questions about the gender of my plants.

The plants have sprouted on March 15th, one month ago. They have been under a pretty constant 40 hours of light on/8 hours of light off.

My first image is what I believe to be my only female. When I observe the top of the stem (the top of the cropped picture). I notice white hairs under observable eye. There is no cluster of these hairs, it seems more like just multiple opaque or white hairs...:), but hey, I think it's a good thing here.

IMG_0325_-_Copy.JPG

It is compared to the other two plants I have in pots. I have read about "pre-flowers" in which maintaining a vegatative state long enough initiates maturity and sexual characteristics similar to us as humans going through puberty. Judging by what I can observe, The other plants have multiple "clusters" of lobule/oval shaped spherical balls. It kind of looks alot like a chocolate orange has been cracked, except for the obvious that it's a epithelial layer on the plant... not chocolate. :p.

IMG_0324_-_Copy.JPG

Here's one, I think...

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/IMG_0323_-_Copy.JPG

And this is a picture of the other one. Looking up higher at the top of the plant displays clusters of balls on the top, I'm pretty certain that review of the image's I had seen online around that it is a male.

IMG_0322_-_Copy.JPG

This image here is the female with the hairs observed earlier, I'm actually pretty impressed in this one's potential compared to the others. It is brighter in color, grew faster when planted with the other two at the same time. It seems to be just all around a big ma'ma waiting to happen. I hope : D.

My overall question right now is are my observations plausable? and if they are, should I continue to wait until I actually change to a more "hormonally" friendly 12/12 light cycle to see if these puppies stay true to the observations?

I'm anxious, I want to get rid of males and keep the female as a mother for sure :). But alas, patience will give me great yields as this is my first grow. All help is appreciated.

Re: 100% Sativa, First Grow-2012.

that second pic, im pretty sure is a male get it out of there and grow it far away! or chop it. :welcome:

I'm in! Give us a closer pic of them, cause that one pic does look like a male. Nice start though, keep it up.

looking good, sub'd

Hey everyone, Sorry I never properly introduced the journal.
the seeds are given the name "fast girl" from the kind-seeds. The source of the seeds themselve is completely awesome, so when I'm ready to get a variety I will likely give them a call again.

I'm not excately where I want to be in this grow, as I would prefer to have all my plants identified and kept as females. I don't really care though, this all takes time.

IMG_0330_-_Copy.JPG

So a quick observation of my tempurature gauge gives me the feel that my habitat for my plants area pretty stable. The illumination is from a 400w ballast and light. The humidity on this device is botched, as I learned after purchasing. No matter, I purchased a hygrometer from wal mart and popped it right in there with them little guys. This is likely more accurate due to proximity.

I was observing my plants today. The two plants that i have previous thought of as male plants will be slaughtered later today. The one the camera is heavily focused on in the center is my female.

IMG_0331_-_Copy.JPG

Honestly, I'm not where I want to be yet. Thank god it's all about looking where your wanting to go and make a move for it. I looked at aerocloners, and constructing one. However, this wasn't really in the "budget" and I thought maybe a wick cloner may be due to use. I ended up at wall mart picking up some writing supplies and stuff so I figured I'd just grab some vermiculite and perilite. I found a proper plug in timer for my ballast so go me! I intend on getting rid of the male plants, start making some trimmings of the female and fill up that little humidity dome. I'm thinking a nice bed flat of vermiculite and something that can dip into the bottom reservior of the flat on the dome will suffice just fine. I bought the majority of my grow supplies in the summer of last year. It was all put up in a closet as I was so dam busy with school.

IMG_0329_-_Copy.JPG

I'm pretty stoaked as I just have to study for final exams and no lectures to attend. Hence the side time from studying is being all chilled out in my room with music and always trying to get better with my knowledge.

I figure I'll clean all my tools, and devices and give the grow room a good vaccumm and wall sterilization before I start this process. Sometime this week for sure is when I intend on initiating some cloning processes. I just want to get on this so that for next week when things cool off and I can start working for my boss (hopefully I get the greenhouse job in the winery :D). I'm just keeping all of you up to date as this is mostly to organize myself and such.

I plan on having a harvest in July, which is my birthmonth. I'm pretty stoaked that I can work and just keep my little treasures in my room and support my own habit of "consumables". I can't keep spending money on something I love so much as it's never constant quality at times. Even if it is, I think I can do much better. Hang ten yall, I got to study.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!
:420:

Back
Top Bottom