First Grow - Random Bagseed, Soil, CFL's, and a Touch of Luck

SuperDankNugz

This is my first grow and my first grow journal. I will try to update regularly with pictures once I figure out how to upload them. I have done a terrible job keeping track of dates on this grow, but I'll do my best to guesstimate the time frame.

Total plants: 3
All random bagseed from brick weed

My first plant was planted around August 18th, and the other two were planted between that point and the end of the month. They were on 18/6 until two weeks ago when I put them on 12/12. Last night I discovered pre-flowers on two of them. The oldest looks to be male (never seen one in person, but it's spot-on with the pictures online) and the bushiest looks very female (pistils in several place, lots of them :) ). The other plant looks like it may go female (pre-flowers looking more narrow than ball-like) but I don't know.

I had the female and the unknown in one large pot until today when I moved it to a 2.5 gallon jug I cut the top off of. The known female remained in the large pot so that its roots would be least damaged. I understand this was not the ideal way to do things, but at the time I was space and resource limited (still kinda am).

I have the male outside of the grow box right now until I decide what to do with it. Should I just cut it down and throw it out? I feel like I need to do this, but there is a small amount of attachment I have to get over.

As for my grow area, I'm using a box in my closet. So far it seems to work. I leave the door closed when I'm not home and open when I am. The box is a large moving box from the store, roughly 2x2x2 ft dimensions. I have a small 6 inch fan inside the box moving air around and a 10 inch blowing into a good-sized hole in the side with a couple smaller holes in the box to let air out. I have been rethinking my grow area lately and will probably incorporate computer fans into the sides of the box to minimize how much light escapes and to make the air flow more efficient. I am also considering stacking another box on top to make it more like a cabinet and then adding a few lights below the plants with my current light setup above the plants.

As for lights, I have six 23-watt CFL's set up as 2 rows of 3 next to each other (3 Y-connectors plugged into a surge protector strip zip-tied so they dont fall out).

This is my first grow and first journal, so if I left anything out that you want to know, just ask. So far I have been getting by with the help of the internet and my good friend DJMattz0r.

The only camera I own is on my phone, so sorry about the poor quality. I'm also bad at taking pictures as I don't do that often.

Photos:

Male pre-flowers :(
CIMG00056.jpg

Female pre-flowers on confirmed female
CIMG00076.jpg

Side view of confirmed female
CIMG00087.jpg

Unknown sex, on the verge of showing
CIMG00043.jpg

More pictures of grow area when I can figure out how to get a good picture of it. It's nothing special, but it seems to be working alright so far.

My plants look misshapen because I've been attempting LST. Makes them look funny but I have space, mostly height, restrictions.

On the confirmed female I have a bunch of off shoot that looks like they will be a cola pulled away so the leaves can soak up light and so they dont grow too vertical.

Here are some shots of the first clone. I've had it about a month now, but the first two weeks it was reverting back to vegetative growth so it's only about 2 weeks into vegging.

CIMG0002_2_.jpg

CIMG00033.jpg

It just kinda started poking leafs out the top and then the stem started growing. The second one is reverting still. It looks like it's going to die, then it turns green and starts growing.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Smoke Report?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom