1000 Watt Water Cooled Grow

yeah bro, I got one, but I'm not gonna use it in the volks. I'm gonna put it in a 4x8 tent, on a mover, with a 1k hps, a 50 gal res, small chiller.

my next journal will be a comparison between a CAP EbbnGro 12 vs. the volks.

probably in about 3 weeks. I'll let you know when I start it bro.

about the SubCool seeds, there is an experienced grower he called BeIrie who does great things in dirt, he is running a bunch of Subcool seeds. they look amazing.

check it out here:
The IRIE Garden (Part Deux)

enjoy.

I lst'd the L*D's 2 tallest tops last night. Here is a pic update.

100_0323.JPG

100_03252.JPG

Anyone have any info on the Fox Farm Cha Ching?

I am wondering if I may have a P deficiency. Alot of the leaves on the plants are looking somewhat bluish. I didn't check the runoff when I up-canned, so maybe my pH
PHP:
PHP:
was off.

Here is a pic...maybe it is just me but they seem more blue when you are actually looking at them. --I have pretty pale skin...
100_03302.JPG

Hmmm they don't look too bluish to me bro. They look good to me. My experience is that P deficiencies start manifesting around the time the plant shows preflowers. All your stems look nice and green tho. We'll keep our eyes on it :geek: They're all lookin nice and green Kiwi :blushsmile:

Well actually I think they are begining to show preflowers...growth has slowed, so I checked them out and it looking like its about that time....I'm gunna start adding open sesame in a week so I'm not gunna sweat it.

Maybe I'll add a tiny bit of beastie blooms to the nute mix tomarrow to up the P...

All of your ladies look great bro. :bravo:

+ reps on your lst job

Thanks man!

So I fed today with my regular nutes plus Canna Rhizotonic...MAN, that stuff is expensive! I got a 250mL bottle for I think $25 and the dosage is 15ml per gallon; I used a quarter of it in just todays feeding (4 gallons)!! I also added 1/2 teaspoon of beastie bloomz to the mix today to up the P.

Here is an updated pic, mostly for my own refrence. I am going to be posting similar pics every monday from here on out...

100_03332.JPG

I have also decided to forego the Cha Ching, I have heard too many negative things about it. I will be using the regular fox farm nutes plus open sesame and beastie blooms, my bacteria and myco, as well as the rhizotonic during flower.

Thought this was kinda amusing...I was looking at my supplies and noticed I've now got a ton of stuff...

100_03422.JPG

i have nothing but great things to say about cha ching. man they ill frost your buds up in dirt better tan anything else i know of.

never really saw a difference with the open sesame. beasty bloomz is good but not the best IMO. i set my dad up for an outdoor grow last summer and told him if you use any of this tri-pack use cha ching! i gave him my leftovers, and the OS was practically full sill, BB was half gone and CC was used the most.

if you want to bypass the cha-ching (i wouldn't) i would suggest you get some other frosting agent to supplement with. It can increase your tric's by 20-30% easy.

other than that,
YOUR PLANTS LOOK FANTASTIC!!! keep on doing what your doing bro.
i love the one you lst'd to the same height. it is gonna get mad penetration, and be huge. your gonna love it. more colas never hurt anyone before. . . to my knowledge. lol.

i have nothing but great things to say about cha ching. man they ill frost your buds up in dirt better tan anything else i know of.

never really saw a difference with the open sesame. beasty bloomz is good but not the best IMO. i set my dad up for an outdoor grow last summer and told him if you use any of this tri-pack use cha ching! i gave him my leftovers, and the OS was practically full sill, BB was half gone and CC was used the most.

if you want to bypass the cha-ching (i wouldn't) i would suggest you get some other frosting agent to supplement with. It can increase your tric's by 20-30% easy.

other than that,
YOUR PLANTS LOOK FANTASTIC!!! keep on doing what your doing bro.
i love the one you lst'd to the same height. it is gonna get mad penetration, and be huge. your gonna love it. more colas never hurt anyone before. . . to my knowledge. lol.

Cool man, may have to pick some up. Did you notice if it prolongs flower or not?
Haha, also just ordered a really nice 5 piece sharpless grinder...its got 2 diffrent size screens as well as the catch plate.

Thats the L*D, it has pretty large yeilds as it it. I was reading this one thread where a guy was using a 250w hps...might have been a 150, and pulled 7 oz of cured bud off of one L*D. It was his 1st grow and he was using the regular FF nutes with no additives. haha

Edit: I looked it up and he was using a 150w hps and 6 27 watt clfs, 1 month veg time. I gotta say, thats pretty impressive.

Thats the L*D, it has pretty large yeilds as it it. I was reading this one thread where a guy was using a 250w hps...might have been a 150, and pulled 7 oz of cured bud off of one L*D. It was his 1st grow and he was using the regular FF nutes with no additives. haha

Edit: I looked it up and he was using a 150w hps and 6 27 watt clfs, 1 month veg time. I gotta say, thats pretty impressive.

no way he must have pulled 7 oz still wet man

unless it was a 250 but even then

i don't know who you guys are talking about, but

150w HPS + (6)27w cfl = 150 + 162 = 312 watts
7 oz = 198 grams

his grow was .63 g/w which is really good. but def not unbelievable. there are growers here who do better than that. but its still better than i have done in the past, so i'd be happy with that, esp for a first grow. KISS right?

Search attempt#2 barneys farm *** dsq1989...i guess it was his 2nd attempt not sure, I got the impression it was his lst...I guess KISS is right..

I went ahead and ordered some more Big Bloom as well as some Cha Ching on WheelOF's recommendation. I'm going to need you advice man once I start using it. The plants had a big growth spurt, since I fed yesterday they have grown over an inch...could it be a response to the Rhizo?

Who are the growers that pull that much per watt? Would like to read their journals.

lets see, Pitviper's journal is like 10000 pages long. his first pull goes from page one to page 32. He pulled 60 oz. from (2) 1k hps on light rails, (2) 12 pot ebb n gro.

1700g/2kw = .85 g/w

The VipersNest Continuous

then McBuds:
he uses (2) 12 pot ebb n gro too, in a 4x8 tent, staggered harvest. pulls 19-20 oz per side. He uses (2) 600w hps and a 400 mh for supplemental for some of it.

1100g/1600w = .6875g/w (or) 1100/1200 (cause he didn't always use 1600w)

here is his last completed journal:
McBudz - Twilight, Great White Shark, Master Kush - 2009

and his current:
McBudz Perpetual Journal

hmm, 420fied topped that too:
he homebuilt an aero system, and never topped 450 ppm. (2) 600w hps, and pulled 762 grams.

762 grams/1200w = .635 g/w

a great read and best DIY aero journal on the net:
4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG - 1200 Watts

there are plenty more, if you need more let me know, i will find some.
also, you wanna see something really amazing, search "heath robinson". he's supposed to do a journal here sometime (at least thats what he told me) still waiting for that beauty to materialize. but that guy pulled 45 oz. off a single 600. simply amazing. . . just wanted to show you what is possible out there. well over 2g/w!!!!!

my best g/w recently was before i got my wheel. 6 plants in DWC 250g from 400 wtts. . . never beat that in the f'n pain in my ass wheel. but, I'll beat that with the ebb n grow i think. . . we'll see. I've always been around 1/2 g/w grower in dirt and dwc. but the wheel has been a bane so far.

awesome grow my friend. Still reading through it. Subscribed.

Thanks for joining man. Things should get intresting in about a week and a half as I will be begining 12/12

lets see, Pitviper's journal is like 10000 pages long. his first pull goes from page one to page 32. He pulled 60 oz. from (2) 1k hps on light rails, (2) 12 pot ebb n gro.

1700g/2kw = .85 g/w

The VipersNest Continuous

then McBuds:
he uses (2) 12 pot ebb n gro too, in a 4x8 tent, staggered harvest. pulls 19-20 oz per side. He uses (2) 600w hps and a 400 mh for supplemental for some of it.

1100g/1600w = .6875g/w (or) 1100/1200 (cause he didn't always use 1600w)

here is his last completed journal:
McBudz - Twilight, Great White Shark, Master Kush - 2009

and his current:
McBudz Perpetual Journal

hmm, 420fied topped that too:
he homebuilt an aero system, and never topped 450 ppm. (2) 600w hps, and pulled 762 grams.

762 grams/1200w = .635 g/w

a great read and best DIY aero journal on the net:
4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG - 1200 Watts

there are plenty more, if you need more let me know, i will find some.
also, you wanna see something really amazing, search "heath robinson". he's supposed to do a journal here sometime (at least thats what he told me) still waiting for that beauty to materialize. but that guy pulled 45 oz. off a single 600. simply amazing. . . just wanted to show you what is possible out there. well over 2g/w!!!!!

my best g/w recently was before i got my wheel. 6 plants in DWC 250g from 400 wtts. . . never beat that in the f'n pain in my ass wheel. but, I'll beat that with the ebb n grow i think. . . we'll see. I've always been around 1/2 g/w grower in dirt and dwc. but the wheel has been a bane so far.

I have actually read most of those journals, didn't realize thats what they were pulling. I read through Heath's colosseum grow...that was impressive. It wasn't mentioned in the thread; do you know it the plants were positioned vertically in the pipes or at an angle?

So the plants are having a big growth spurt, they grew 1.5 inches in the last 24 hours. This may sound strange but I have noticed when I pass gas in the tent (haha) that the following day there seems to be a growth spurt...anyone have any info on this...lol

On the average a fart is composed of about 59% nitrogen, 21% hydrogen, 9% carbon dioxide, 7% methane, and 4% oxygen. Less than 1% is what makes them stink.

Don't even ask me what I get per watt. My best come from Mother Nature and those can't be comparied. When you get 2 1/2 lb's off your small ones. Well indoors is a total diff subject. I'm running a 1000 on 36 square floor space. I know I could double it. NP but I'm not wanting to do the cutting in my ceiling or floor. Your plants are looking great alittle leave roll, but very pretty. I can only say HELL YA to the chai ching. All those 3 products are fime as a stand alone 'in dirt' or a addtive to your hydro. Well my two cents. But dude they look great...........................

I have actually read most of those journals, didn't realize thats what they were pulling. I read through Heath's colosseum grow...that was impressive. It wasn't mentioned in the thread; do you know it the plants were positioned vertically in the pipes or at an angle?

if you read the second to last sentence in my previous post. . . well over 2 g/w

Wheel, you misunderstood what I was asking, I read your post, haha. I was wondering if you knew if Heath's plant were positioned vertically in the pipes or at an angle.

Back
Top Bottom