105W LED enough?

Sure, if that's the actual wattage and you're only trying to illuminate a reasonable (about two square feet for flowering a photoperiodic plant, three for vegetative growth phase and/or flowering an autoflowering plant, or thereabouts) amount of space with it. If you're trying to light a larger space and then grow your one plant within it, though, your buds might end up being better described as "a bunch of 'loose' flowers."

Better (IMHO) to follow this strategy: Pick a light (or set of lights) that adequately lights your grow box/cabinet/tent/closet/room/house/warehouse/cave/etc. - and then fill that space with plants in whichever way you like (one larger plant or more, but smaller ones). Or vice versa; if you've already purchased your light(s), then create a space that your lighting will be enough for.

These kinds of "will this light be enough for one plant" questions are problematic, for they seem to assume all cannabis plants are of ONE size, lol.

These kinds of "will this light be enough for one plant" questions are problematic, for they seem to assume all cannabis plants are of ONE size, lol.

Same goes for questions about "how much will I yield" as there is so many variables from size of pot/plant/space and your lights and your growing skill and your........etc. etc....so somewhere between 0 and above that.

I like 250 watts for each 2X2 ft scrog. One plant and easily 4-5 ozs if you are decent. Get a 250 watt that you can dial down and increase into bloom. You could get a couple of ozs with a 1.5X1.5 ft scrog and something like:

Series 3 Samsung LM301H 130 Watt Dimmable Grow Light

Re: previous post. I compared apples and oranges, or LED's and HID. When I said 250 watts for 2X2 ft, that was HID watts. The LED light that I suggested should do 2X2 ft very nicely. Do some sort of horizontal grow, with good media, and nutes. Don't over water, use grow bags and a few ozs is within reason. Sorry about the HID/LED confusion on my part. I'm being dragged kicking and screaming into this century! And welcome!

I bought a qb88 V2 quantum board 130W and am doing my first grow in a 27x27x54 tent. I am in the home stretch with two plants (GSC auto and Pineapple express auto) I had a few issues with deficiencies that are purely because I am inexperienced, but I think it likely that I should get a couple of ounces dry from each plant. I am going to stick to one plant in the future, just because it's crowded in there, but I think my light is not a limiting factor.

Back
Top Bottom