1080w LED Inferno

i was wondering the same thing i wounder what they would do? but arnt they now at "maximum absorption" ?

I'm guessing that they ran right over that road sign (and the guard rail that it was attached to) and plowed through the hillside to boot. Your grow must be screaming for 2100 ppm CO2.

wouldn't they be taking in more light pointed up like that?

Think "angle of incidence." Ever do any target practice with a really powerful airgun such as a Gammo Whisper and accidentally knock the target over at an almost flat angle? Even that one (and it's a varmit-killer, lofl) tends to just mark the target at that point instead of penetrating.

Of course, when instead of using an air rifle, you're firing a howitzer, lmao...

Alternatively... Throw a rock into a pond and it goes straight to the bottom, but skip it and even when you throw it really hard it'll still not sink (while moving along the trajectory that you threw it).

dosent it make less shading so the other lower leaves get more light?

Probably, yes. It's not like you're using CFLs so the light would still be powerful when it reaches the next level down.

do you think its a bad thing for them to be pointing up like that?

I don't think...

have u seen this before? i haven't not like this.

Yes. With lots of "old-fashioned" HID light of a balanced spectrum (3:1 HPS:MH) set up so that the intense heat produced by... 102 watts per square foot (if I remember correctly) was not a problem.

The bud was outstanding. As to whether or not it could have been even better - it's not like a person would notice the difference between a mountain slapping them up side the head... and an even bigger mountain slapping them up side the head.

I would guess (and I am guessing; I'm not an expert) that you're just hitting them with light levels that even an equatorial sativa would be happy with - some of them have yellowish leaves due to having less chlorophyll because they are in a "maximum solar radiation" environment.

Fill the room with CO2, allow the humidity to be generally higher than what we like at sea-level air content, you've already got the heat... And you're giving the the environment that they had when earth was a younger rock. Find a strain that grew somewhere near the equator but in the highlands where the atmosphere provided less blockage and that was a mad producer of Δ9-THC and hit it with UV-B for four hours or so in the middle of each light period...

...and the noise you'll soon hear might be ol' TorturedSoul knocking on your door to ask if he can take a bong-fueled trip with you.:grinjoint:

Sorry. The mind - it wanders. I'm hoping that one day it will tire of its travels and wander on back.

every day their pushing out more and more hairs! its about time they flower!lol.. this much light this close doent seems to bother them one bit.

I don't think that you're in danger of heat-related light issues (burning), only true light-toxicity. And it really does take a LOT of illumination to do that. As long as your plants aren't getting "bleached" I wouldn't worry overmuch. And if you ever hit that point, just stick the lights on a rail and add more plants.

Hi, zanza, and welcome to 420Magazine (the most comprehensive and friendliest cannabis awareness site on the Internet).

do you think its a bad thing for them to be pointing up like that? have u seen this before? i haven't not like this.

Irish, all of my leaves are also pointing up just like yours are under my GLH 300w.. It's crazy as hell.

My girls are definitely doing this much more then they have in the past under my standard 400w 2k HPS setup..

Not sure what to make of it... But I like it...:grinjoint:

Irish, all of my leaves are also pointing up just like yours are under my GLH 300w.. It's crazy as hell.

My girls are definitely doing this much more then they have in the past under my standard 400w 2k HPS setup..

I get some of the pointing upwards as well, but only on the newer growth. Once the fan leaves get of any substantial size they orientate themselves to a normal position. All I can say is them seem to like what they are getting. :ganjamon:

i wanted to shar some info with you Hempy growers, i started to feed my girls every day on a drip system for 2 min a day and their loving it so much. the look so happy every since i did this. some of you might want to try feeding everyday in one spot on the medium.

check out how big and happy they are. welcome to my biggest led grow ive done to date. their led monsters!!!:) i took some close ups to show how she starting to flower.

100_2589_600x449.JPG

100_2583_600x449.JPG

100_2585_600x449.JPG

100_2594_600x449.JPG

100_2586_600x449.JPG

100_2587_600x449.JPG

Looking Great! :cheer: :bravo: :woohoo: :) :popcorn:

I'm guessing that they ran right over that road sign (and the guard rail that it was attached to) and plowed through the hillside to boot. Your grow must be screaming for 2100 ppm CO2.

Think "angle of incidence." Ever do any target practice with a really powerful airgun such as a Gammo Whisper and accidentally knock the target over at an almost flat angle? Even that one (and it's a varmit-killer, lofl) tends to just mark the target at that point instead of penetrating.

Of course, when instead of using an air rifle, you're firing a howitzer, lmao...

Alternatively... Throw a rock into a pond and it goes straight to the bottom, but skip it and even when you throw it really hard it'll still not sink (while moving along the trajectory that you threw it).

Probably, yes. It's not like you're using CFLs so the light would still be powerful when it reaches the next level down.

I don't think...

Yes. With lots of "old-fashioned" HID light of a balanced spectrum (3:1 HPS:MH) set up so that the intense heat produced by... 102 watts per square foot (if I remember correctly) was not a problem.

The bud was outstanding. As to whether or not it could have been even better - it's not like a person would notice the difference between a mountain slapping them up side the head... and an even bigger mountain slapping them up side the head.

I would guess (and I am guessing; I'm not an expert) that you're just hitting them with light levels that even an equatorial sativa would be happy with - some of them have yellowish leaves due to having less chlorophyll because they are in a "maximum solar radiation" environment.

Fill the room with CO2, allow the humidity to be generally higher than what we like at sea-level air content, you've already got the heat... And you're giving the the environment that they had when earth was a younger rock. Find a strain that grew somewhere near the equator but in the highlands where the atmosphere provided less blockage and that was a mad producer of Δ9-THC and hit it with UV-B for four hours or so in the middle of each light period...

...and the noise you'll soon hear might be ol' TorturedSoul knocking on your door to ask if he can take a bong-fueled trip with you.:grinjoint:

Sorry. The mind - it wanders. I'm hoping that one day it will tire of its travels and wander on back.

I don't think that you're in danger of heat-related light issues (burning), only true light-toxicity. And it really does take a LOT of illumination to do that. As long as your plants aren't getting "bleached" I wouldn't worry overmuch. And if you ever hit that point, just stick the lights on a rail and add more plants.

Hi, zanza, and welcome to 420Magazine (the most comprehensive and friendliest cannabis awareness site on the Internet).

thanks for the break down, seems lots of others are having the same thing happen to their girls with these lights. all i know is i need C02 and my girls are happy as hell. its always a plasure when you join in and share your wisdom. thanks

that crazzy i am not alone! i was about to ask how you were liking ur led light
I get some of the pointing upwards as well, but only on the newer growth. Once the fan leaves get of any substantial size they orientate themselves to a normal position. All I can say is them seem to like what they are getting. :ganjamon:
i here you on that they seem to be happy under these lights!
Looking Great! :cheer: :bravo: :woohoo: :) :popcorn:
thank you!
just gorgeous Irish:bravo:
thanks!
It looks like a christmas tree farm! That's just wild how they're all angling upwards.
lol its a tree farm for sure.lol. it is crazy how their doing that

does anyone know the spectrum these LED's use, and what ratios? I checked his website and all I found was some reggae music and some very brief product descriptions :)

does anyone know the spectrum these LED's use, and what ratios? I checked his website and all I found was some reggae music and some very brief product descriptions :)

When you click on the video on the GLH web sites main page. It says the lights use 11 different spectrums... 420nm through 730nm..

Hope that helps you.. ;)

no one knows the exact ratios of these lights but the mike the owner, i am sure he keep it on the down low because allot of led company's are coming out of the cuttiy's with led lights and trying to copy others.

your patience is an inspiration to me......:bravo:
it wasn't easy that for sure, but at least things are flowering now, so i am happy.
When you click on the video on the GLH web sites main page. It says the lights use 11 different spectrums... 420nm through 730nm..

Hope that helps you.. ;)

:goodjob: I never paid attention to that; all i knew is he uses allot of colors and it seems to make my plants happy. when you get close to harvest led me know how the bud potency look compared to u other grows? i know you know your strain really good that u grow.

when you get close to harvest led me know how the bud potency look compared to u other grows? i know you know your strain really good that u grow.

Right now I'm just ending three weeks of flowering.... I have my GLH 300w on a light rail over a 32"x32" area. Same thing I do with my 400w.

My first observation is I see at least 10 to 15% more bud sites on the led girls as compared to my 400w HPS girls.. These LED's stack the bud sites nicely that's for sure. If that translates into more med's in the end I'm not sure..... But we shall see..:grinjoint:

The second thing I've noticed is the Trichs are showing aprox 5 days before my HPS girls do.. This makes me :)

The third thing I've noticed is my strain/nute combo has a cal/mag deficiency under these LED's...LOL

Right now I'm just ending three weeks of flowering.... I have my GLH 300w on a light rail over a 32"x32" area. Same thing I do with my 400w.

My first observation is there is at least 10 to 15% more bud sites on the led girls as compared to my 400w HPS girls.. These LED's stack the bud sites nicely that's for sure. If that translates into more med's in the end I'm not sure..... But we shall see..:grinjoint:

The second thing I've noticed is the Trichs are showing aprox 5 days before my HPS girls do.. This makes me :)

The third thing I've noticed is this strain has a cal/mag deficiency under these LED's...LOL

thanks for keeping me updated! sounds like things might turn out good for you with ur light.

are u doing 12/12 from seed? thats weird that ur getting a cal/mag issue? i use to always get one with all of my led lights but this grow i haven't seen any sings of anything:wood: i always thought it was me and my nute feeding that gave me this? maybe some led spectrum's give cal mag issues? but then again i have no issues with this grow.

that real cool ur getting trics a few day early.

please keep me posted threw out ur whole grow, i like hearing about other led grows. i have my eyes set on SS 300w vs 400w grow! that grow will answer allot of questions ive had.

yeah I'm doing 12/12 from a seed... I do the first 4 to 5 weeks under T5 then they usually go under a 400w HPS setup..The cal/mag thing only shows up with this strain under led's.. But I can say it's less using the GLH led's then other ones I've used in the past..

I will keep you updated... So far I like the GLH lights..

If it's cool with you I will post a pick at the half way point so you can take a look...:cool:

yeah I'm doing 12/12 from a seed... I do the first 4 to 5 weeks under T5 then they usually go under a 400w HPS setup..The cal/mag thing only shows up with this strain under led's.. But I can say it's less using the GLH led's then other ones I've used in the past..

If it's cool with you I will post a pick at the half way point so you can take a look...:cool:

i would love for you to post some pics! i was hoping you would offer. please feel free to post pics when ever you want! my threads ur thread brother

i would love for you to post some pics! i was hoping you would offer. please feel free to post pics when ever you want! my threads ur thread brother

Do you have a journal thread?

Hey dogsnova! Now that you offered to post pics of your setup, you got my attention. I would love to see your light mover "action shots".

Irishboy, over here our worst months (temps) are Aug/Sep due to dwindling/lack of trade winds. When do you expect to get declining temps? :peace:

Back
Top Bottom