1080w LED Inferno

Hey Irish, sorry I'm late. I'll get caught up.

Looks like you've got the wattage to do some serious growing. Good luck handling the heat issues, I know you've got some experience with that already, so you'll probably be fine.
Good stuff on silicon, I've got Silica Blast on my buy list.
Sittin' in.

always a pleasure to have you on my threads Mimmmick.

ya the high heat is nothing new to me. Ive learned ways to bet the odds, just it didnt work too good for me in the past with a 1000w hps. A/C was a must and so was CO2. but with this setup now its not passable for me to run those things. I just hope for the best.

The Silica Blast is great stuff but the Pro-tekt is better IMO. But will get the job done great but Pro-tekt works a little better for me

Yeah Irish, I can tell you right now that cool res temps (~68ºF) are going to be crucial to the success of this grow. I've grown in all types of Hydro before and a cool res with a bubbler is necessary in order to hold the Dissolved Oxygen levels where the roots need them, ESPECIALLY in 90º+ atmosphere temps! Another bit of advice I can give you is that with higher room Temps should come higher Humidity, Elevated CO2 levels, and in return that should increase plant metabolism which will cause heavier feeding, especially with those H Skunks. There is going to be a temperamental equilibrium that you'll have to maintain in your grow with those high temps. It's a very smart thing that you're using some kind of Silicate with this grow, that should help balance turgor pressure in the plants' cell walls and ward off nasty bacteria. But I'd say the MOST important thing is to maintain a cool, oxygenated rhizosphere, it's soooo important in hydro.

I'm subscribed to this one, good luck bro. And congrats on the last 600W grow too.

A

Yeah Irish, I can tell you right now that cool res temps (~68ºF) are going to be crucial to the success of this grow. I've grown in all types of Hydro before and a cool res with a bubbler is necessary in order to hold the Dissolved Oxygen levels where the roots need them, ESPECIALLY in 90º+ atmosphere temps! Another bit of advice I can give you is that with higher room Temps should come higher Humidity, Elevated CO2 levels, and in return that should increase plant metabolism which will cause heavier feeding, especially with those H Skunks. There is going to be a temperamental equilibrium that you'll have to maintain in your grow with those high temps. It's a very smart thing that you're using some kind of Silicate with this grow, that should help balance turgor pressure in the plants' cell walls and ward off nasty bacteria. But I'd say the MOST important thing is to maintain a cool, oxygenated rhizosphere, it's soooo important in hydro.

I'm subscribed to this one, good luck bro. And congrats on the last 600W grow too.

A

very nice post. +Rep

about the rs temps i dont see too much i can do? their drain to waist with a 2" res. i wouldn't think it would mess things up too much would it? the whole root system has plenty of air but that lower 2" would that be ok?

Ive been thinking and think and i cant see a way to keep that 2" res any cooler? I under stand with DWC and other hydro ways but i would think Hempy would be able to get away with this. this heat sucks!

hmmm, so are you using an external pump to move nutrients from the res to your plants? I would get either get another pump to circulate the water through a chiller and back into the res, OR, just circulate the water through the chiller and directly into the buckets. I think the first option is more viable however. Regardless, you are going to HAVE to keep a cool res, where the easiest way is to use a water chiller rather than using from water bottles. I may be confused on your setup though, let me know. I have set this kinda thing up a few times so I might be of some help.

Dang Irish, I blink, and you're off to the races. :grinjoint:

I'm interested in the pH thing, too. I've read that it doesn't matter, but I'm not sure I buy that. I just switched my babes into perlite hempies, and am getting about 6.6 runoff with well water and Superthrive. I'm thinking that's too high... but I'm going to let things settle down a little before I start tinkering.

Anyway, I'm thinking that if anyone can pull off a high heat grow, you're the one. Personally, I'd hang some pictures of icebergs and penguins in the room.

Cooling oooommmms coming your way brotherman :peace:

very nice post. +Rep

about the rs temps i dont see too much i can do? their drain to waist with a 2" res. i wouldn't think it would mess things up too much would it? the whole root system has plenty of air but that lower 2" would that be ok?

Ive been thinking and think and i cant see a way to keep that 2" res any cooler? I under stand with DWC and other hydro ways but i would think Hempy would be able to get away with this. this heat sucks!

Coiling the line inside a cooler full of ice/water mixture would make a difference in nutrient temperature.

If you've got 2" of solution in the bottom of the containers at all times, do you have an airstone in each?

Long time reader, first time subscriber lol. Dude, inspirationaly, I had read ur last threads and was very impressed. Very intrigued by the LED but too costly for now, if I do though, I'll be going through ur threads again to optimize as much as possible!

Keep it up, show them what Irish green thumbs can do ;)

thanks for the great write up on silica, now off to get some....im sure i need it, fungus seems to love me....but we are very wet here...lavendar :thanks:

hmmm, so are you using an external pump to move nutrients from the res to your plants? I would get either get another pump to circulate the water through a chiller and back into the res, OR, just circulate the water through the chiller and directly into the buckets. I think the first option is more viable however. Regardless, you are going to HAVE to keep a cool res, where the easiest way is to use a water chiller rather than using from water bottles. I may be confused on your setup though, let me know. I have set this kinda thing up a few times so I might be of some help.

Its drain to waist. all their is is a 7/16" hole thats 2" from the bottom of the medium, just like a traditional Hempy. if the system was meant to circulate then i would have a chiller for sure. what i do with the water bottles in put them in my 5gal bucket when i mix my nutes to keep them cool when feeding them to the hempy buckets. and its drain to waist after that. the only thing i could have done was build a wood frame before i started this grow and raise my 4x4' tray and drilled a hole and let it drip into a tote and have the pump run and feed the drip system. but didnt have the wood and my nabors are noisy, and it would have looked weird hauling all kinds of wood into my house.

theirs no way i can think of to get around it. these poor plants are gonna have a shitty life. i am gonna make the best out of it and do what i can do. if i have to scrap the plants then lesson learned and no hydro next time. i wasn't gonna do these buckets until it was cooler but japan freak told me he grew in 100F* weather with straight perlit hempy and they did fine.

Dang Irish, I blink, and you're off to the races. :grinjoint:

I'm interested in the pH thing, too. I've read that it doesn't matter, but I'm not sure I buy that. I just switched my babes into perlite hempies, and am getting about 6.6 runoff with well water and Superthrive. I'm thinking that's too high... but I'm going to let things settle down a little before I start tinkering.

Anyway, I'm thinking that if anyone can pull off a high heat grow, you're the one. Personally, I'd hang some pictures of icebergs and penguins in the room.

Cooling oooommmms coming your way brotherman :peace:

ya I dont believe PH doesnt matter with Hempy. ive read that also. I know Mr. Hempy himself adjusted his PH to 6.2 but he was also running vermiculite.

your idea about the ice burgs is too funny bro. i needed that. thanks

Coiling the line inside a cooler full of ice/water mixture would make a difference in nutrient temperature.

If you've got 2" of solution in the bottom of the containers at all times, do you have an airstone in each?

No i didnt put an air stone. the traditional Hempys dont use air stones and i didnt think it would work because of all the perlite and soiless mix on top.

Long time reader, first time subscriber lol. Dude, inspirationaly, I had read ur last threads and was very impressed. Very intrigued by the LED but too costly for now, if I do though, I'll be going through ur threads again to optimize as much as possible!

Keep it up, show them what Irish green thumbs can do ;)

Thanks! ya i here you leds arnt cheap. I have a closet full of all different kinds of leds that company's gave me.lol. some arnt really worth using though. ive spent a year messing around with all different types of leds and finally found one that suites my needs. to scared to test any other leds out now. allot of times you could just waist all that time and lose big yield if you dont do your homework.

if you ever have any questions about leds feel free the ask. i know a little something something about them

I wanted to say a big thanks to all of you that are trying to help me. It really means allot and i wont forget this. thanks allot. you guys make this the best forum. its hard to get good help like this any other fourm. when it come to hydro i have no hands on time. very 1st attempt with this stuff. ive read allot on it but no real life lessons.

Back
Top Bottom