150 Watt HPS in a 48" x 24" x 60" Tent

tycal420

I was wondering how many plants can this one light
cover. I have seedlings from bag seed. 13 seedlings and hoping for 4 females.
FFOF soil, in 3 gallon grow bags.
Any help would be useful. This is second attempt at growing. Had a bagseed hermie when left outside during a storm. I hope to do better this time out.

Re: 150 watt hps in a 48"(L) x 24"(W) x 60"(H) (4ft x 2ft x 5ft) tent.

Hi tycal, welcome to 420 mate,

I'd thing that 3 would be good in a tent that size. You dont want too many , cramming the space isn't always best. if 3 fill the space they will be 3 BIG plants. 150hps will be fine, People use CFL throughout with no problems. If you can get a bigger light it would be better but that would be fine.

I'd go for 3 of your best of the bunch.

Thanks JB,
I am hoping to get at least that many females. I started them in Miracle grow in the cups. Will that hurt them to transplant using the FFOF?
I have had a constant temp of 70-80 degrees and 50-68 humidity. I would post some pics but all I have is a cell phone cam. They have been in veg for 3 weeks as of 15 April under 4 125 watt CFL's. I was going to add the Sun System 150 Hps on tuesday when it comes in. Will I have to use FF nutes? I am on a budget. IF not can you recommend something for a poor guy?

Thanks for your help

Tycal

Down to 4 of 12 that I started from bag seed.
tycals_bagseed_grow_2_013.JPG
tycals_bagseed_grow_2_012.JPG
tycals_bagseed_grow_2_011.JPG
tycals_bagseed_grow_2_010.JPG
tycals_bagseed_grow_2_009.JPG
tycals_bagseed_grow_2_008.JPG
tycals_bagseed_grow_2_005.JPG
tycals_bagseed_grow_2_006.JPG
tycals_bagseed_grow_2_007.JPG
tycals_bagseed_grow_2_004.JPG
tycals_bagseed_grow_2_003.JPG
tycals_bagseed_grow_2_002.JPG
tycals_bagseed_grow_2_001.JPG

Looking good mate, dont see there being any problem putting them into FFOF soil mate.

You going to journal this grow. If you are you can have the post moved to Journals in progress

I think I already have in the Journals in Progress. Been having a hell of a time posting in the right place!
Massive Brain freeze at t he moment:smokin::smokin: here are my updated pics for the day. Just lst'd them. The temp/rh meter is off. I have the Ac on in the apt. The temp in th ehome is 72 degrees. I can putmy hand 3 inches below the 150 HPS and it is just warm. I have the tent open at the time of pics and 25 min before. Do they look heat stressed to you?
tycals_pics_3_Week_4_veg_011.JPG
tycals_pics_3_Week_4_veg_010.JPG
tycals_pics_3_Week_4_veg_009.JPG
tycals_pics_3_Week_4_veg_008.JPG
tycals_pics_3_Week_4_veg_007.JPG
tycals_pics_3_Week_4_veg_006.JPG
tycals_pics_3_Week_4_veg_005.JPG
tycals_pics_3_Week_4_veg_004.JPG
tycals_pics_3_Week_4_veg_003.JPG
tycals_pics_3_Week_4_veg_002.JPG
tycals_pics_3_Week_4_veg_001.JPG
tycals_bagseed_grow_2_013.JPG

Same here mate, all is looking great in there.

I've sent a report to get this moved to Journals in progress mate, should be moved for you soon I reckon. It will still come up the same in your User CP, just in the right section :)

Thanks JB for your help. How long do you think I should leave them in veg? Tomorrow will be the first day of week five in veg.
I don't know the strains as they are bag seed so I don't know how large they could get. I can only fit 3 decent sized plants in my tent under the lights tat I have. Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks Mate

No probs mate.

Its up to you how long you veg really. It all depends how big you want them to be through flower really. What watt is that HPS. HPS has good light penetration so you could grow them into beast's if you wanted.

It looks like your LST'ing them now , so why not let them fill out a bit with a bit of topping and fill your space. Thats what I would do but its fully up to you. Looking great though anyway Tycal.

Your right JB. Plus I have ordered a few beans. 1 Advanced Biodiesel Mass Autoflowering Feminised Seeds. 2 Afghan Kush Fem seeds and a few Reg Kerala x Skunk#1 seeds. I will learn from these unknowns while I wait on those to arrive and be germinated. Any recommendations on good resource material. I need to increase my knowledge of the Art that this form of misunderstood Agriculture truly is. Do you know much about the strains that I have chosen? I like a Sativa Dominate strain while my girlfriend needs the Indica type for sleep at night.

I have a 150 watt Hps and 2 125 watt Cfl's. Cant afford to get any better than this at the moment.

Not too sure on them strains , except the Afghan is a good hardy strain.

Here is where I learn most of my knowledge and share as much as I can. Always good to give back. There are some very experianced growers on this web site as Its been going a very long time and there is always someone willing to help or answer any question answered.

If your using soil I have a good journal linked below "Super Soil" which has some good info on soil's and feeding. A good few growers contributed very good info on there about soil mixes and ratio's of organic mixes/feeds.

DocBud is the master when it comes to soil so check him out also, I think most people here have learn't something from that guy. Icemud has a good soil journal that will be in completed journals and has a great video on soil science and the microbial life which I learn't a lot from. You might want to check them out.

Following journals is a good way to learn because you see the work in progress , what works and what doesnt. You could be on here for a year straight and still want to learn more as we all do. Much to learn and share on here.

I have them on a 18-6 schedule. No nutes just FFOF, Rain and Bottled Water. Since these are from bagseed I am going to start using some MG Tomato Food. I wont be doing this for another 3-4 weeks as I have only made them in the FF for 6 days. I hear the nutes in them are only good for 30 days then I would need to add some sort of nute to supplement bud growth during flowering. Am I on the right track? I also added a small cup of cool water in a corner of the tent. The temp on my meter now reads 84 with a RH of 46%.

Yeh them cfl's actually pack some heat as you have to have them close. Try getting some air pulled in from the bottom of the tent where it is cold or maybe a duct to the outside but closed at night.

Yeh soil usually has food for 2-4 weeks and will need feeding after that. Not sire what the MG food is like or the ratio's as I'm not familiar with it, but if it is being used for flowering you want it to favour Phosphorus for the first 1-7 weeks flowering and Pottasium and Iron for the weeks 4-8.

Them light will be fine mate, I have done full grows with CFL's alone and had great results. Its not all in about what lights you use , everything comes into play. But them lights will be more than ok.

I mean yours are doing fine so things should be great :)

Cheers Mate!:Namaste:
I am checking out your post on Soil Mix and Compost Tea.
Are Compost Teas used in place of synthetic nutes? If so I am with you. I want to be organic as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom