150 Watt HPS in a 48" x 24" x 60" Tent

Re: 150 watt hps in a 48"(L) x 24"(W) x 60"(H) (4ft x 2ft x 5ft) tent.

Yeah I use them instead of synthetics nutients. Yeah check it out mate some good info on there. not finished yet but all is looking good

JBC is giving great info :thumb:

Thanks mate, help where I can :)

Back Again Mates.
After a little LST, Top and FIM Here is where I am at the moment.
I was off a week when I first posted veg time. They are currently in week 4 of veg.
I forgot it took 3 days for them to sprout from seed. I think they look very good for a bag seed.
Still don't know the sex. I have not watered them since transporting from cups to 3lb bags.
I have given them 24 oz of Compost Tea each that I made from FFOF 4 days ago. Scared to give them more as I can stick my finger into the soil a inch deep and the soil is cool and moist. I hope at least one of these are a female!

I should be getting my beans in from Herbies this weekend. 1 Afgan Kush Fem,
1 Biodiesel Mass Auto,
4 Kerala Skunk#1 Reg
I do not plan to use any other nutes. Just the Tea. As I said in the beginning, I am not seeking high yeilds at this point.
I am trying to learn the science of this art and produce quality first. Here is what they look like at the moment.
Tycals_Pics_4_009.JPG
Tycals_Pics_4_008.JPG
Tycals_Pics_4_007.JPG
Tycals_Pics_4_006.JPG
Tycals_Pics_4_005.JPG
Tycals_Pics_4_004.JPG
Tycals_Pics_4_001.JPG
Tycals_Pics_4_002.JPG
Tycals_Pics_4_003.JPG

By the way I removed my 2 CFL at 2650 lumens. I will be using them in another closet as a Veg room. The kiddies are under the 150 watt HPS alone now. My temps went down and are stable. I do not have a vent system yet so I venting the tent with 2 6in fans. One on the bottom left blowing across the canopy and one at the top on the right for exhaust. Seems to be doing fine. No signs of burn or anything. I would have thought the leaves would be bigger by now but I do not know the strain so maybe they are supposed to be like this. Comments?

Hi tycal, hope everythings good in your world.

Everything looks fine in the tent. The leaves are fine and will grow in size as the plant grows. They will grow small again as you have topped them, but dont worry they will take off.

A good thing to add to your compost teas during veg would be some Worm Castings, they are full of nitrogen which veg favours as you will know and they are teaming with microbes. You can also add small amount of molasses to add some sugar to your soil to get them multiplying as the compost tea bubbles away.

I heard that after 12 hours bubbling a compost tea with molasses the microbes double every hour or there abouts.

Put a mix in your new soil to get the life alive and working their magic. I always water the day after I re-pot. Some will say do it straight away but I give the roots a day to fix incase any got broken so they don't rot.

I was thinking I would let them go another week or 2 and switch to flower. Reason being is my seed order will be in today and I will need some room to place in the tent. I do not know if these bag seeds are female or not. I would hate to have wasted all this time and energy on males and just throw them away. I figure they will be in week 5 starting Monday if I start 12-12, in a week or 2 I should know what I am dealing with. If I get at least 1 female from them then I will let her continue to flower while my other strains veg. Good Idea or not?

Update.
Week 5 still in veg. I did a little pruning as the fans leave started getting big and blocking the undergrowth.
I also trimmed out some of the lower leaves as they were just taking up energy from the top(read that somewhere).
I also started adding a Tsp of Molasses to my FFOF Tea. I have not used any worm castings yet but plan to in a few days.
How do they look? I want to sex them ASAP. My beans came in from Herbies and and are germinating right now. What can I do to speed up the process of sexing them? I thought I would be able to tell by now.
Tycals_Updae_Pics_009.JPG
Tycals_Updae_Pics_008.JPG
Tycals_Updae_Pics_007.JPG
Tycals_Updae_Pics_004.JPG
Tycals_Updae_Pics_005.JPG
Tycals_Updae_Pics_006.JPG
Tycals_Updae_Pics_003.JPG
Tycals_Updae_Pics_002.JPG
Tycals_Updae_Pics_001.JPG
Tycals_Updae_Pics_018.JPG
Tycals_Updae_Pics_017.JPG
Tycals_Updae_Pics_016.JPG
Tycals_Updae_Pics_013.JPG
Tycals_Updae_Pics_014.JPG
Tycals_Updae_Pics_015.JPG
Tycals_Updae_Pics_012.JPG
Tycals_Updae_Pics_011.JPG
Tycals_Updae_Pics_010.JPG

Easy mate,
Alls looking good in there mate, really good colour and super healthy!

Nothing you can do to speed up the sexing besides hitting the 12/12 button. With the size of them they will sex any time soon. Look a few nodes down from the top. Thats where they normally show first pistils.

I was also thinking of transplanting them into pots instead of the bags. How can you tell if they are root bound or have nute lock. Some of the ill leaves started yellowing on the tips after I started using the Tea. Is that because of high Nitrogen? That is the reason I held back on the Worm casting and just added the Molasses. The water that I used to make the Teas is pure Rain water. I put 1 3gal bag of FFOF in a bucket and placed
it outside while it rained to let it fill up,. I then mixed it, and filled up 6 -1gal jugs after 24 hr bubble. I only add molasses to the gal I used to feed on 2 days ago.

If the plants are root bound the leaves will curl under like over watering. Dont think thats the problem. Burn't tips are usually over feeding. Just feed water for a few feeds if they have enough.

I only use a very small amount of soil for a compost tea . Like a cups worth per gallon and only use molasses a few times during veg to feed the microbes . They are the suckers that look after the soil and your plant.

There is no problem to burnt tips, they are just saying back off with feeding a bit. They will be fine.

Thanks JB. I have been looking in the wrong place. I thought it was the very top node to look for. I wanted to go 12-12 next week. I should have taken a picture of the leaves before disposed of them. This Tea must be doing ok. I only gave them 24oz of feed each and the next day I saw a little yellowish white tips. I had just water them 1 gal each 3 days before I fed them. I will ease up on the feeding.

Watered one gallon each! Thats a lot of water mate!!! Mine are in full flower and they only get a litre and a half each feed. Usual in veg just a litre depending on size.

When they are young In seedling pots I start at 50ml of water and work up from there. If you want to keep the microbial life in shape you dont want to be washing all the goodness out of the soil or you will have to keep feeding to put back in what is lost.

Got it JB! I was under the impression that when I watered them I had to until I saw run off. Now I guess I wil have to let them get a little thirsty before the next watering. Man I have been Water Boarding them! Thanks for all your help Mate! Hey would transplanting them to a 3gal pot hurt them at this stage? As soon as I can sex them I was going to transplant and Flower them.

No you could re pot no problem. 3 Gallon is a good size for indoors plants. Works well for me. Run off is only needed with coco and if your flushing excess nutes.

Dont overwater them mate seriously let them dry the F out. I let my pots get really light before i water again. Over watering is a killer mate, loads of deffs show up and it causes all sort of problems. Just let them be man and they'l be fine. If you looking after the soil just let it do its own thing and if it gets hungry make a tea.

Hey Wiz,
I am trying my best to catch up to you guys! This Bag seed stuff is too trivial! I will deal with nothing but reputable strains from here on out.
Waiting on my Bio Diesel Mass and Afghan Kush Fems to germinate. These bag seeds are my Lab Rats so to speak. Trial and era=Knowledge gained. I am already looking at your Scrog and plan to Scrog my next grow. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom