18/6 Light Schedule Budding?

I’ve never grown them before. But these are only about 6 weeks old from seed. Seems little small to start flowering
Auto's (as the name suggests) start flowering anytime from 3-6 weeks from germination, regardless of the day length.

i have a grow tent running 18/6 1000W led lights.

I have started 4 marijuana seeds all are around 24" high, and all are starting to bud? i used Jean Guy feminized seeds. ]

Anyone able to explain this?
I grow autos and that's what u have. If there starting to bud then I'd guess there about 2-3 weeks from seed, which means ur half way there. Depending on the strain you prob need to feed them with 2-8-4 powder nutrients I use Down to Earth box nutrients. And I'd suggest a worm tea. And u r home free ...I like autos there done in 6-9 weeks VS. 6-9 months .... good luck keep us informed u have any questions let me know I have alot of experience with Autos.

20221115_172341.jpg

Many new growers are surprised the first time they grow photos and they see the early pistils. While an auto is considered to be flowering as soon as those first pistils show up, a photo is not. Veg can still happen for months if you want it to, and pistils will be all over the plant proudly proclaiming that she is female. Actual flowering does not start until you put the lights into the 12/12 pattern, and instead of new green growth at the tips of each branch, you start to form flowers.

Remember a plant will go into flower no matter what light cycle - meaning if you let female seed in veg for 2-3 months it will flower on it's own (self preservtion !)

Any auto (ruderalis) will go into flower on its own, photoperiods will not flower until they receive the correct amount of darkness. You could veg a female photoperiod for years without it going into flower.

Remember a plant will go into flower no matter what light cycle - meaning if you let female seed in veg for 2-3 months it will flower on it's own (self preservtion !)
I would have to disagree with your statement, I have a mother plant that I take clones off of and she is almost a Year old in Veg state. Outdoors the light slowly decreases so the plant will go to flower, but if you are in a tent, they will stay in veg state if lights are set to 18/6.

I would have to disagree with your statement, I have a mother plant that I take clones off of and she is almost a Year old in Veg state.
And that female plant could sit there for many more months and still not flower. There are reports from growers who have kept the same mother plant for several years and no mention of it starting to flower. Even when they do maintenance like a complete above ground pruning to reduce size and a major root pruning to reduce the size of the root mass and still no flowering.

I think you are confusing two situations. It sounds like you might be talking about when growers continue to keep their already flowering female plants going past the usual stage when most would have harvested. I have noticed that I will see my long flowering plants starting to produce several male flowers after the 10th or 11th week.

There is also the condition where a female plant which is still growing under a 16 or more hours of light will show a stigma/pistils at new nodes. These are considered to be pre-flowers and not a true flowering condition. This condition will not produce the larger buds that we are looking for -- unless the light schedule is changed so that the period of uninterrupted dark is going to be 12 hours or longer.

Back
Top Bottom