1st Ever Grow, 8 Ball Kush

4 oz would last me 6months that's a lot of bud. QP BAY BE
Same as me, I doubt I get through 10oz a year.
It's all good tho, I have a good friend who's fallen on hard times.
My plan has always been to give any excess to him.

With those humidity packs you can just keep saving it too. Peace of mind knowing you won't run out anytime soon.
I've got the 62% but might get some 58% for longer storage.
I'll have more weed than I know what to do with.
Trouble is I've got loads of seeds that need to be planted so I'll probably just keep growing :laughtwo:

Bloom day 71.

Lady number 2 showed me she was ready to meet her maker today.
She was my best looking plant and I had high hopes for her.
She didn't disappoint giving me a wet weight of 684 grams.
I had a little look at the roots on this one and I think they just about filled out the 5 gal pot.

My 3rd and final plant is still yet to show me any amber trichs, they are around 70% cloudy so I've left the lights off and she will have some time alone to think about what's in store for her.

My buds from yesterday are now in the drying box where I have managed to get the temp settled at 55 degrees and Rh at 55% probably not ideal but I think I should get a pretty slow dry.
IMG_20200207_200530.jpg
IMG_20200207_201503.jpg

I've got the 62% but might get some 58% for longer storage.
I'll have more weed than I know what to do with.
Trouble is I've got loads of seeds that need to be planted so I'll probably just keep growing :laughtwo:
Same I'm just going to store it all. There's never too much weed.

Nice you're up to about a half pound, now that's good stuff.

Same I'm just going to store it all. There's never too much weed.

Nice you're up to about a half pound, now that's good stuff.
Thanks bro.
Your turn soon,
it's a bit strange, like when I chop the last plant it's the end of an era.
I will mourn them, remember them then smoke them :blunt:

Bloom day 72

It's all over.
Last plant chopped and trimmed.
She didn't have any amber trichs but they were at least 70% cloudy.
This plant has always looked a little different to the other 2 and the buds were a bit more leafy than the others.
Also looking at her roots they don't look as dense as the others.
This has showed as wet weight came in below the others at 400 grams exactly.
That gives me a total wet weight of 1727 grams.
I will know for sure in a week but it's looking like I'll end up with around 12oz.
I'll update with a final dry weight when they have fully dried.
I am sooooo happy with this grow and never thought it would end this well.
IMG_20200208_154657.jpg

My has had a wipe down and has some new residences already.
IMG_20200208_155832.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone :thumb:

Another lesson learned today.
I noticed that with the lights off in the tent I had a glow from my tube heater.
I had put black tape over the little led on light but as the control end was cheap crap plastic the light glowed through the entire end.
I will be double checking any new equipment from now on.

So my makeshift drying areas seem to be working pretty well.
They are in a small bathroom where I extract the air for my tent so it's keeping the smell to a minimum.
Temps and rh seem to have settled and the first plant harvested is now on drying day 3 and still has a good way to go so looks like I'll get a nice slow dry ;)
IMG_20200209_135600.jpg
IMG_20200209_135518.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200209_135542.jpg
    IMG_20200209_135542.jpg
    738 KB · Views: 55
Looks like everything is working as expected! I love smelling them everyday as you start to notice the chlorophyll dissipate. Noses were made for times like this.
The first box has just started smelling like weed again.
I was a little disappointed it smelled like wet hay for the first couple of days.
I'm being a good boy and I'm not going to try any until it's had at least a week in the curing jars.

I have my first dry weight.
5 days of dying and the one hung in the unlined box is dry.
It was my biggest yielding plant and after weighing in at 684g wet I've cut all the buds from the stalks and have been left with 142g so just over 5oz of nice dense nugs.
The good news is it's smelling really nice again, very spicy with a hint of pine.
Ive put it in my mason jars with the 62% boveda packs and my little Rh meter is saying 61% after an hour of being sealed.
I'm really really happy, I would have been happy with 5oz from all 3 plants and I've still got 2 to go.
I think the other 2 are going to need a couple more days to dry.
IMG_20200211_202055.jpg

Thanks MrS.

You guys all played a big part in this for me and for that I thank you :high-five:
Just a question, I cut all my nugs off the stems, is this ok for curing or should I have just trimmed the stems up to the buds?

Back
Top Bottom