1st grow, any opinions and advice please

Bimmer85

So this is my first grow, let me just say I know this is a ghetto setup and my next grow I will be going all the way with my setup since Iv got all the space I possibly need in my basement but for now I want to get my feet wet and mainly the budget is kinda tight right now. I plan to keep the vegetating until they reach until 12 inches unless I get all males in which case I will start a new grow. I had 5 plants at the start but 3 got destroyed in a storm so I quickly moved the 2 left inside and have 3 more in germination which I hope to plant shortly. My main concern is not having enough light. My first problem was having the lights a little to high so they stretched a bit but I switched up the setup which seems to have helped. I'm currently using cfl bulbs. I also have a 75w Phillips "plant" flood light, which has a blue filter on it. Is it worth adding this light as well or throw in another cfl instead? Also Iv been doing 24hrs of light but am now thinking of doing 18/6 ed or maybe eod for root development. Also as far as a fan goes, Iv had it on the plants 2 hours a day, does that seem sufficient or should I leave it on more. Any advice would be much appreciated guys. Thanks :peace:
IMG_029712.JPG
IMG_02959.JPG
IMG_029310.JPG
IMG_030113.JPG

just do lots and lots of reading bro. the more you read the more you know. this is my first grow too but im a few weeks from being done. dont get in a hurry with the nutes lol. the plant will tell you when it needs something. a few things youll want to check into is a ph tester (water and soil) and some good soil. good luck:)

ps mg is not a good brand for this kind of plant.....is leaves salts and other metels in the soil witch will cause you to keep fighting to keep your ph down in your soil:)

the best iadvice i could give you is head over to the grow room section here on 420mag and get comfy and start reading all the how to grow section,theres no quick fix of info when you first get started,i could answer questions all day but nothing would teach you better or faster thand activly looking up all your questions there there really is everything you want or could need to know from uberbasic to very advanced its all there, good luck and read hard you'll get there faster than you think:thumb:

That is way more light then is needed at that stage. Honestly one of those 23 watt bulbs is enough for both plants currently.

It looks like 2 of your bulbs are 5000 or 6500k spectrum but the other 4 are 2700 or 3000k spectrum. Thats fine if that is the case. But you can and would probably like the results more if you just used 6500k bulbs in veg then switched to 2700 or 3000k for flower.

Also your soil looks really wet. Make sure you are not watering it too much. I have some clones in some pots about the same size as your pots. They eat up more water then your seedlings currently would and I only water them once every 4-6 days roughly.

Keep your bulbs at least 5 inches away from the sprouts until they have a few fanleaves comming out. At that point you can put them closer up to 2.5 inches away. Then once they get a lil bigger you can start keeping them 1 inch from the plants. Just dont let them actually touch the bulb at that point and you good.

Also you mentioned you wanna do dark periods to get good roots. Thats not a good reason to do dark. I use 24/7 flouro for vegging and i got roots pouring out the bottom of my pots after each transplant within days. If you want roots use B-1. But as tiny as your plants are id wait a bit.

Back
Top Bottom