1st Grow BigBud AutoFlower

Re: 1st Grow/BigBud AutoFlower

for someone with experience on autoflowers, are my plants growth on schedule or is my lack of lighting slowing their growth? or does that part not matter until i start producing buds?

Hey you're doing exactly what I plan on doing for my first grow. I was just curious where you got your autoflowering big bud seeds cus I wanted to make sure I get them :p Also looking good so far.

make some type hood to reflect the light down, anything flat white will work very well. you can actually see the increased lighting when you set the flat white surface close to the lights and plants!
the light your using is not condusive to bud growth. cfl's are ok for veggin but not worth a chit in flower. just not enough light. what wattage bulb is the clear one? what type is it?
peace

Hey you're doing exactly what I plan on doing for my first grow. I was just curious where you got your autoflowering big bud seeds cus I wanted to make sure I get them :p Also looking good so far.

i got the seeds from marijuana-seeds(.nl) just without the parenthesis cuz the site wont let me put it on here. i got the seeds within 5 days, i ordered on a thursday morning and got them monday after the mail ran.:thumb:

and camaro, the clear bulb i have is just a 70 watt hps light. and i put a reflector on it, just dont have any for the cfls. as for the flat white, my walls are painted flat white and it's doing a great job reflecting the light.

i got the seeds from marijuana-seeds(.nl) just without the parenthesis cuz the site wont let me put it on here. i got the seeds within 5 days, i ordered on a thursday morning and got them monday after the mail ran.:thumb:

Thanks just ordered some myself.
Just trying to decide if I wanna try hydroponics or aeroponics.
Keep updating this thread, I would love to see it til the end :)
Best of luck, hope you get a great yield of some bomb shit!

After discussion with a friend I'm just doing soil for my first and then if it's decent enough to sell a little bit I can invest in hydro equipment (although it's not even that expensive).
What week are you on currently?

today is the 18th day they've been above soil. I'll probably post more pics tomorrow. They've exploded in size.

and jakester, about the reflector, I've got one on the hps light, ill post a pic of it tomorrow, but idk about reflectors for the cfl's since i have them clamped to the sides of the containers.

Can't wait to see those new pics :)
Any advice on nutrients or what are you using?

Photo0496.jpg
Photo0497.jpg
Photo04981.jpg
Photo04991.jpg
Photo0500.jpg

the hps light was turned off at the time but here is a pic of the reflector i threw on it.
on the third pic where the tips of the leaves are turning yellow, i think it's a deficiency but i dont know of what kind. hoping someone could help me out with it. today the plants are 23 days from germination, the tallest one is around 14 and a half inches, the other 2 are around 12 and a half. they are getting very bushy.

r they in flwr yet?
move them away from each other, they will sence the other plants and not grow as big. the plants thinks there is little room and makes adjustments to compensate.
the light green in the newest growth is normal and good

I've never fed them any nutrients yet, they've just been growing with plain tap water. Still haven't gotten to purchase any nutes yet.

r they in flwr yet?
move them away from each other, they will sence the other plants and not grow as big. the plants thinks there is little room and makes adjustments to compensate.

Yeah, they're in their first couple days of flowering, they grew pistils probably 4 days ago, and auto's are supposed to flower right after they show sex. so i'm guessing they are.

And Ill move them further apart from each other in just a sec.:thanks:

oooooooooooooooo!
get some!
youll love it! what type of store do you shop at?
how much soil do those containers hold?
the lower growth that gets little light, takes more energy to grow than the ones on top. slowly trim the lower leaf and small branches. do this gradually. the plant produces much bigger buds when the spindly lower light branches are trimmed off. just the lower.
when i mentioned moving the plants apart i didnt mean far. just till the leaf touch each other. they will grow better. i can understand your reasoning because i thought the same thing. as long as the walls are reflective. you will do better than you think!
peace

i usually shop at walmart, but there is a greenhouse in my town but im not for sure if it's open yet, ill have to check there. or i was planning on ordering some of those Blue Planet Nutrients everyone has been talking about. any suggestions of nutes? my containers are 3 gallons, they are filled in an inch from the top. but i will start the trimming though. ill have to lay some kind of plastic trash bags down before i move them apart, i had all 3 containers in the bottom of a rubbermaid container to catch the runoff water. but the walls are flat white, the light reflects off them pretty good.

alright, ill probably just get a cheap bloom nutrient for now, but i have 2 more seeds of the same stuff im going to plant soon after, ill have to make mods to my grow area first.

yeah i'll for sure get more light, but right now the only thing i can grow are autoflower's cuz i have apartment inspections every 3 months, (retarded shit) and with auto's you can't clone because they automatically die after you harvest, since they dont depend on the light change to produce. so that part sucks, alot.
i guess i could order some seeds that aren't feminized, keep a male and pollenate some females to stock up on seeds if i run across a strain that i like, thats the only way i can think of.

Back
Top Bottom