1st Grow: Blue Dream

Greetings, LED's vary from brand to brand but being so intense i'd start with 36" on seedlings and clones and move it down an inch closer a day to the seedlings until I hit 24" for veg. Flowering mine sit 16-18" above the canopy but plant size matters. Give the little ones time to grow and if you see them stressing raise it up. Find what works for your light and size of plants.

The humidity and temps were all over the place at first but I saw the pattern and got it stable. There is a lot of airflow through this tent with such a large fan pulling straight out of the top. It wants to keep the humidity lower. With the humidifier sitting outside one of the lower vent holes...if I closed all other holes it sucked all the mist right in but was still low. The best I could figure was that with that being the only source of incoming air that it was probably going straight to the filter since the sides of the tent were sucking in. So I started opening the zipper and some flaps as well. This caused the humidity to spike up into the high 80s. With more options for air to come in it allowed the humid air to sit in the bottom of the tent. So I started closing some of the airways until I got it steady in the range I wanted. So now I also know how to lower it further when the time comes. This is all with the lights on. I will see today how it it held up with the ports closed and the lights off.
Same as mine were.. after I got the temp running good I didn't worry about humidity.. mine ran in the low 20's for the most part.. only went up in flower when the tent was filled and A.C on.. I didn't have LED during seedlings or VEG, only during flower. The LED now sits anywhere from 5inches the lowest to about 8-9 inches the furthest.

Morning Mr... There are quite a few that are far more expert at indoor stuff than me, I am just getting mine up and rolling... Tired of the outdoor hastles, and since it is legal here, I really cant go wrong... Not judging by actual plant beauty or actual looks as much as how easy they are to understand, I would suggest you start looking into threads by SweetSue, Newty, and of course Stanks, Dr. Doob, and In the Shed... They have Perpetuals that I personally have taken alot from, however they have alot of regs in their threads that pop in and postulate about most problems that appear... Make sure to just ask, no dumb questions on here... ALOT of places claim that title, but none have mastered that actions... Good Green Days..

Day 8 above ground.
Moved the light up to 30”. Better safe than sorry. Watered them for the first time since transplant with calmag and water ph ~6.5

Oh really. Hope they can handle it. I guess we will see over the next couple days. Only a half tsp in a gal. Split between the 2 plants. Hopefully it’s not enough to hurt them. Will post some pics tomorrow night.

Hey Mr., a small but kinda important question..??? It looks like you are using CoCo style growing material, Do you mix it at all with other soils, aka cook it??? I have notice recently that my few girls that I am saving for later purposes indoors have exploded a bit... When I was documenting it yesterday I noticed that I had mixed in a more signigicant amount of Peat than I normally had been... Wait for it, as it will come in a second I promise... The peat is known for harboring moisture, and nutes.. I read that somewhere on here and I have a crazy amount of it around my home so I tried what turned out to be about 3 times the peat.. I have battled Cal/Mag probs most of my personal indoor, and alot of people say it is cause I am using a soil type material instead of Hydro.. This is not necessarily true... As it turns out... Since the addition of extra peat, I have less amount of times watering, alot less nute lock and better distribution as well.. It seems, but I am only 5 weeks into new method... Just my pocket change on that subject... Green Days .... and all

I wish I could help but this is just the fox farm ocean forest potting soil. I believe it has quite a bit of peat in it just from reading the bag. I do like the way this soil looks compared to stuff I have used in the past for other types of plants. It’s early in the grow but it does seem to hold moisture really well and the plants seem to be pretty happy for the moment. I’ve never mixed my own soil and wouldn’t really be able to comment on that.

I have newly acquired Timber Cob lights, they are 4x50 watt so I was kinda in the same boat... I have decided in order to keep the light distance stable, I will put those babies at 24" above expected plant heights per room, I can always drop them a little alot easier than raising them in the new rooms I am building... In addition I am gonna have 3 or 4 Spectrum low watt light bulbs that will be in the 3500 range each room.... Should be plenty of light, and hopefully not too much need for heat/humidity control...
.....Each of my rooms go up in total space from 2x2.5x48 to the last which will be 32x48x70... The last will obviously be my flip room... I will have all kinda stands available to stack things, though my goal is only 3 to 5 plants at any given time in bud room... My goal is to harvest 4 to 6 zips per 45days ish.... Green evenings all
Sounds like a great plan and setup. I’ll be excited to see how it goes. Good luck brother!

Here’s a couple pics from today. The girls have really responded well to their new home and the feeding yesterday. One thing that concerns me tho is this inline fan. I seem to not be getting near the pressure I was.

It has lost pressure. Still probably enough but definitely not sucking like it was. I have that humidifier sitting outside the vent and it was pulling the vapor in without letting any escape. Now it’s hardly pulling it in. Lost most of the negative pressure in the tent. The sides aren’t pulled in like before. Tomorrow I may unhook everything and see how the fan is acting with no ducting attached. Hopefully I can figure it out. We’ll see I suppose.

It has lost pressure. Still probably enough but definitely not sucking like it was. I have that humidifier sitting outside the vent and it was pulling the vapor in without letting any escape. Now it’s hardly pulling it in. Lost most of the negative pressure in the tent. The sides aren’t pulled in like before. Tomorrow I may unhook everything and see how the fan is acting with no ducting attached. Hopefully I can figure it out. We’ll see I suppose.
Maybe to much moisture getting into the fans components?

Back
Top Bottom