TJ's First Grow - LED - Strawberry Cough

Damn it all...

I removed a few lower leaves that were just blocking a ton of light to all the new growth. In the process, I nicked one of the new stems about 1/3 the way through. I was trying to be precise too, so pretty annoyed I managed to F that up. I know its not the end of the world but it slows things down...

Pictures anyways

Fotor_150646984939960.jpg

Fotor_150646989108167.jpg

She keeps on growing and growing. Definitely slowed down a touch with the vertical growth from the fims, and the lower branches and new branches have been making their way out from under the other leaves. Removing the larger leaves lower down did help, but I am sure it set the plant back a bit since those leaves must have absorbed lots of energy for the plant.

Thankfully, the little nip I made in one of the branches when I trimmed off the larger leaves has essentially recovered with no harm done. You can see the little scar if you look.

20171001_194120.jpg

Fotor_150690138789651.jpg

Fotor_150690142940629.jpg

Fotor_150690140829350.jpg

Make sure u start to water all the way around to the edges soon. I see it's dry there. You'll be surprised how fast the roots move in those pots. I cheat and unclip the pot to see if my roots are around the edges. And when I moved them up to the new pot, the roots were at the edges in a few days and poking out the bottom aswell. And after my last hour or 2 of panic and running around, I would recommend u check your run off ppm and ph. At least every few days or once a week. But just check it. I did for the first time tonight and one of them was over 2000 ppm. Ur lady is looking great and expect more and more lower growth for a while before more vertical growth happens.

Make sure u start to water all the way around to the edges soon. I see it's dry there. You'll be surprised how fast the roots move in those pots. I cheat and unclip the pot to see if my roots are around the edges. And when I moved them up to the new pot, the roots were at the edges in a few days and poking out the bottom aswell. And after my last hour or 2 of panic and running around, I would recommend u check your run off ppm and ph. At least every few days or once a week. But just check it. I did for the first time tonight and one of them was over 2000 ppm. Ur lady is looking great and expect more and more lower growth for a while before more vertical growth happens.
I actually do water all the way around the pot, but the very top ring always seems to dry out first. I assume because of the wholes around the pot allowing the most air there.

I definitely need to check ppm soon. I have to dig up my tester or buy a new one if I can't find it ...

It's funny to think she'd be twice as tall if I didn't tether her down when I did. I'm considering walking her top all the way around the perimeter of the pot and let her grow upwards once she has made a full lap. Not sure how much that will benefit the SCROG.

I actually tied down the first and oldest of the new branches. Starting to look a bit wider now I'd say.

Fotor_150713512321789.jpg

Subbed. I love your setup. Your strawberry cough looks amazing for your first grow. I can't tell u how many things I did wrong my first grow. I'm surprised anything survived. You're doing amazing!

Subbed. I love your setup. Your strawberry cough looks amazing for your first grow. I can't tell u how many things I did wrong my first grow. I'm surprised anything survived. You're doing amazing!

Thanks! Glad to have you along :)
Let me know if you catch me doing anything stupid; I am sure I will.

Yeah train that thing around the pot! It's like making a scrog without the screen. I am doing that to one of my autoflower Black Jacks and made it 90% of the way so far but it's starting to bud so I'm chilling out in it. Still tied down though.

Pic from a week ago. All twisted up but the nodes grow straight up.

Awesome, I think I will do just that! If it goes really well, I may skip the SCROG. If I end up putting an offer in on this house I am looking at, I will have to speed this grow along so I can show the house in February/March. Strawberry Cough is supposed to have a 9 week flowering period so that gives me limited time to finish the veg stage.

Thanks! Glad to have you along :)
Let me know if you catch me doing anything stupid; I am sure I will.

Awesome, I think I will do just that! If it goes really well, I may skip the SCROG. If I end up putting an offer in on this house I am looking at, I will have to speed this grow along so I can show the house in February/March. Strawberry Cough is supposed to have a 9 week flowering period so that gives me limited time to finish the veg stage.

You moving my way

Well, I am officially at 7 weeks since I started germ. I had originally thought I would finish the veg stage at 7 weeks, but I feel like I am only half way to where I wanted to be by now. Maybe I underestimated how long I would need to veg, but I had read up on the strain and most agreed a 7 week veg was long enough.

How long do you usually have to veg before flipping over to bloom? How much growth is achieved during bloom? I was expecting to fill the tent with the one plant, but I think I missed the mark.

Back
Top Bottom