TJ's First Grow - LED - Strawberry Cough

I have had zero time to really baby this plant and she is looking pretty upset about it. Not sure what I am going to do, but I will try and get some pics up today for opinions before I totally ruin this grow. Neglecting her is definitely not helping!
Especially not with coco which needs daily attention. If u went soil maybe woulda worked out better for your schedule.

Took the photos in the hall under my incandescent lights rather than in the tent.

Fotor_150914202732749.jpg

Fotor_15091420802149.jpg

Fotor_150914205438870.jpg

Fotor_150914218564775.jpg

Fotor_150914216247947.jpg

Yellowing has been progressing (along with burned tips now) so I think I am making the rookie mistake of allowing water to pool in the dish under the pot. Even though I have flushed recently when I noticed the burned tips (likely overcompensation when trying to correct the yellowing leaves) the plant has roots that go through the bottom of the pot into the dish thus giving it access to seriously high ppm water.

I've dumped the dish, flushed the plant with full strength cal/mag water, and am leaving her to figure herself out over the next couple of days. Hopefully I see either improvement, or at least stability (no progression with yellowing).

Yellowing has been progressing (along with burned tips now) so I think I am making the rookie mistake of allowing water to pool in the dish under the pot. Even though I have flushed recently when I noticed the burned tips (likely overcompensation when trying to correct the yellowing leaves) the plant has roots that go through the bottom of the pot into the dish thus giving it access to seriously high ppm water.

I've dumped the dish, flushed the plant with full strength cal/mag water, and am leaving her to figure herself out over the next couple of days. Hopefully I see either improvement, or at least stability (no progression with yellowing).

What size pots are you growing in again. And how much water are you putting through when flushing. Don't expect anything to happen really quick or in some cases older leaves to go back to perfect green just watch new growth

Hey TJ!

Congrats on taking the plunge into the world of growing! And a belated welcome to 420 mag!

I'm gunna catch up on your journal over the next day and jump in if there's room?

I'm new myself, but happy to help when I can :) your ladies look great btw, can't wait to get caught up on your journey, cheers! . I'm subbed for the ride!

There could be your problem there you didn't really flush. 3 litres doesn't even equal a gallon. In order to flush you
Need to pour like 10 gallons(38 litres to properly flush. You could still be getting nute lock due to that
Copy that I'll make up a a Bout 10 gallons of water and give her a proper flush.

Ill still be adding the cal/mag to the RODI correct?

I probably wouldn't myself. But not 100% sure about that. May not hurt them. And water them slow too but the first 5 gallons through slowly. Let sit for like 5-10 minutes the put the rest through slow. Then let dry up to the point they start to wilt again then continue with nutes. Maybe only do 1/4 to 1/2 strength for first time

I only ended up flushing another few gallons through; haven't had time (story of my life) to make any more RODI or really spend fussing with the plant. She actually does look a bit better. I have removed a bunch of very yellow leaves (dry, pale yellow, and curling down) from the lower portions of the plant. Most of these were new, young leaves sprouting out from nodes.

The new top growth looks decent, albeit with very short burns to the tips of some. The newest growth doesn't look burnt at all, and the yellowing looks to have stopped.

I did notice there were many roots through the bottom of the air pot that dried out when I emptied the dish the pot sat in. Hopefully not a real issue.

Post some photos in a day or two to track improvement.

Back
Top Bottom