NuLife's - Soilless - Raspberry Cough - Grow Journal - 2016

She's looking good today.

16-07-26_R2_Wk3_2_.JPG
16-07-26_R2_Wk3_1_.JPG

7/26/16 - Veg Stage Week 3 - Decided to do some LST Training in the shape of star.

16-07-26_R2_Wk3_LST.JPG

7/27/16 - Veg Week 3 - Water Day with nutes. I did week 3 of the nutes schedule.

ph 5.65 ppm 905

7/28/16 - Veg Stage Week 3 - So today I decided to make a scrog screen for the healthier plants that I was doing LST on. I removed their binds and placed the scrog screen over the plants, and stretched the limbs as far as they could go in a star shape position.

I bought the wood pieces at Hobby Lobby. They were 36" long for $1.89 a piece. I made a screen 36"x22.75"
I also bought eye screws & a thick yarn from Hobby Lobby as well. Two and half packs of eye screws were used at $1.99 a pack. Yarn was $2.39. I used picture frame hanging pieces that I already had in my tool box to support the corners. I made 2" spacing for each eye screw on both sides. I wrapped the yarn around each eye screw and went from screw to screw with the yarn. All one piece. I decided to hang the screen from above so I can move it by lifting it up if I need to, plus it's easier to raise if I need to because of the plants growing. I shall see if this is a good training method. Watering the plants are going to be more of a challenge, but more bud sites should make it worth it.

IMG_68856.JPG
IMG_68878.JPG
IMG_68864.JPG
IMG_688910.JPG
IMG_689011.JPG
IMG_689213.JPG

7/29/16 - Veg Stage Week 3 - Decided to do some defoliating and fimming. I fimmed two different spots, and defoliated 10 fan leaves most from the top to let light in a bit more.

7/31/16 Veg Stage Week 4 - Water Day no nutes, ph 5.80 in 6.12 out. FIMed two more spots.

8/1/16 Veg Stage Week 4 - Decided to defoliate today. I removed about 11 leaves, and placed back under the scrog screen.

Before Defoliating
16-08-01_R2_Wk4_Defoliation_1_.JPG

After Defoliating
16-08-01_R2_Wk4_Defoliation_2_.JPG

I got my first new grow tent today. Yay! And it didn't cost a fortune thank goodness. The fabric is crazy thick and strong. Crazy easy to assemble even though the instructions were crap, but as a female I was able to figure it out and build it myself with no help in less than 30mins. There are privacy flaps over the zippers and it actually looks like a wardrobe closet, it's all black. No light leaks, I'm very happy.

I got it on Amazon if anyone is interested, and they have several different sizes. Here's the one I got.
Valuebox Grow Tent For Indoor Plant Growing Dismountable Reflective Hydroponic Non Toxic Room (48"x 24"x 72")
:party:

IMG_69754.JPG
IMG_69774.JPG

8/3/16 Veg Stage Week4 - Water Day with nutes, I did Week3 of nutes since I'm not starting the flowering stage yet. Waiting for an additional LED light before I start to flower her. I defoliated her, and removed 18 leaves.

ph 5.70 in 5.95 out ppm 917

Before Defoliating today
16-08-03_R2_Wk4_2_.JPG

After Defoliating today
16-08-03_R2_Wk4_1_.JPG

Finally learned how (and the confidence) to do the supercropping training technique and did some needed practice bends to my plant to help manage a level canopy under the scrog net. These two techniques work hand in hand in trying to keep a level canopy.

8/6/16 Veg Stage Week 5 - So I decided to start watering my plants that are in the cococoir/perlite mix in air-pots more regularly. Up until now, I've been watering twice a week, once on Weds with Nutes and once on Sunday without nutes. After reading quite a bit it seems that cococoir needs to be watered more often since it's a hydro medium. I was watering it like a soil, letting it dry out before watering again, which apparently is not the greatest idea, supposedly plants will grow slow doing it that way in cococoir. Even though my plants look good.

I also think it makes since that my plants needs more regular feeding of nutes instead of once a week. Now it will get nutes twice a week. Once the plants are in flowering stage and buds form, I will start watering every day. I will still be giving plain ph water every other nutes day, this way nutes salts don't build up.

ph 5.82 in 5.99 out

8/7/16 Veg Stage Week 5 - Water Day with nutes, plus some defoliating. I did Week3 of the nutes schedule.

ph 5.75 in 5.99 out - ppm 940

Defoliated 33 leaves

Before Defoliating
16-08-07_R2_Wk5_1_.JPG

After Defoliating
16-08-07_R2_Wk5_2_.JPG

I have never been a fan of defoliation, knowing that after the deed, a long recovery time is needed. I have found that it is a whole lot less trouble to use LST and topping to create just as complex of a plant, in just about the same amount of time. I veg for 2 months or even a bit longer accomplishing this task, and I am confident that my plants produce similarly to a defoliated plant, with a whole lot less effort on my part.

There are as many ways to grow this weed as there are gardeners. Some people enjoy defoliation; I simply consider that to be extra work, sort of like running a SCROG, where you have to work extra hard for a few weeks for an added gain in production. Everyone should try these methods to learn how workable this plant is and to what extremes you can go in shaping her, but I have learned that there are much easier and more time efficient ways to accomplish the same things.

That's exactly what I'll be doing, my first few grows is all about trying everything, everything I have read, everything frowned upon or loved and everything in between. If I'm going to be growing for hopefully the rest of my life than I want to research it all first hand. I did LST and I found it cumbersome, I'm trying the scog, and I definitely like it better than lst, but Im not sure the plants like it too much. Though I don't like not having a clear view of my entire plant under a scrog net. Now that I have a better understanding of defoliating this grow, I'm liking the results a lot. I'm also trying mainlining, but I can see how this puts on a few more weeks to your grow, but hopefully the yield will be worth the wait. But you're right, I'm trying it all, researching everything first hand then I'll know what I like, which had the better results, and what Im willing to live with or not. Also terribly sorry for the late reply not sure how I missed this post.

8/9/16 Veg Stage Week 5 - Water Day with nutes. I did Week3 of the nutes schedule. So after all the reading I've been doing on CocoCoir, apparently people water several times a day. Which means I'm not feeding her enough. But I have to be honest, I do not have the time to water several times a day. So I'm going to feed her every other day this week, Then next week I'll start feeding every day. I don't' know if I would grow in this medium again, or maybe not so many plants at once. Something for me to think about.

I will do pictures on Sat or Sun from now on.

ph 5.70 in 5.88 out - ppm 998

Good idea Emilya, I will keep that in mind next time. Though they seem water logged today still after watering yesterday, so I'm not sure they'll like be watered every day, we shall see, that's why I'm trying to build them up to getting watered every day. Lets see if by next week they'll like daily feedings.

Oh I haven't read that anywhere yet. I don't have anything to aerate the water. I do fill up the gallon jugs of water and leave them out for 24 hours opened to air-out the chlorine. Not sure if that helps. I also have a plant watering can with all the holes on the sprout if that helps? So I will see how she handles watering every other day. They're in 3gal airpots. Rootmakers with 30-40% perlite with the Cocoloco.

Back
Top Bottom