NuLife's - KindSoil - Raspberry Cough - Grow Journal - 2016

Good luck with the mainline/manifold training... It's a doosy. I'm very interested in trying the mainline flux method, my current flux styles are great but sometimes something different is needed to spice things up. It's pretty much the same as what your doing.. I'm fond of Dirt's flux journal and I think Mr amazing is doing one aswell. I'm excited to see the process and progress to come.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

I got my first new grow tent today. Yay! And it didn't cost a fortune thank goodness. The fabric is crazy thick and strong. Crazy easy to assemble even though the instructions were crap, but as a female I was able to figure it out and build it myself with no help in less than 30mins. There are privacy flaps over the zippers and it actually looks like a wardrobe closet, it's all black. No light leaks, I'm very happy.

I got it on Amazon if anyone is interested, and they have several different sizes. Here's the one I got.
Valuebox Grow Tent For Indoor Plant Growing Dismountable Reflective Hydroponic Non Toxic Room (48"x 24"x 72")
:party:

IMG_69754.JPG
IMG_69774.JPG

8/3/16 Veg Stage Week4 - Water Day no nutes. I think I messed up my mainlining, I clipped at the wrong time and point, reading two different methods and not realizing it. Ugh. So I hope she recovers and I can back on track, but I'm well aware of what I did wrong and won't be making that mistake again. I hope she forgives me. lol

ph 6.48

16-08-03_R1_Wk4.JPG

8/7/16 Veg Stage Week 5 - Water Day.

ph 6.50 in 6.30 out

So she seems to be recovering well from the bad snip snip I did a 4 days ago, but now I accidentally split the middle a bit while I was trying to tie down the 4 new branches. (Apparently I'm a freakin brut lol). I did tape her really well. Let's see if she's a tough cookie, because apparently I'm not delicate enough. lol

IMG_70719.JPG
IMG_70728.JPG
IMG_70707.JPG

I haven't opened up the tape to check, I figured its going to need at least a week to heal before I take a peak. But she seems to be growing fine. Fingers crossed.

8/11/16 Veg Stage Week 5 - Today I checked under her bandage and it's still not healed yet, like I thought. So I bandaged her up again. She does seem to be doing fine though. I put some bamboo sticks in to the fabric pot to have something to tie the binds to. The four areas I'm trying to grow out (to 4 nodes, so I can top at the 3rd and remove the 2nd node, while keeping the 3rd and 1st node, to make 8 colas) for mainlining is doing well, it's grown out 3 nodes now, one more to go.

IMG_70736.JPG
IMG_70768.JPG
IMG_70797.JPG

8/14/16 Veg Stage Week 6 - Water Day today ph 6.50.

She has recovered from the last poor cutting for the mainlining technique I'm trying for the first time. She has also grown the 4th node, so I was able to top to the 3rd node and remove the 2nd node, and leave nodes 1 and 3, on each side of the stem. Which means there will be 8 colas on one side and 8 colas on the other side. At least I think that's what' suppose to happen. lol ***Note: I was originally trying to do 8 colas, but because I was reading two different mainlining techniques (bad idea) I got confused and topped in the wrong location before. So this plant will now have 16 colas.

Please if anyone has any insight into mainlining/manifolding please let me know how I'm doing.

Before topping 4th Node
16-08-14_R1_Wk6_1_.JPG

16-08-14_R1_Wk6_2_.JPG

4th Node
16-08-14_R1_Wk6_3_.JPG

Where I will top to the 3rd Node
16-08-14_R1_Wk6_4_.JPG

After topping to the 3rd node and removing the 2nd Node
16-08-14_R1_Wk6_8_.JPG

Her boo boo (the split of the stem) has healed
16-08-14_R1_Wk6_7_.JPG

The completed 16 Cola Mainlining
16-08-14_R1_Wk6_6_1.JPG

Hi WillysMom LOL Nope it's not a towel, though that's what I'm going to call it from now on lol. It's called Root Trapper II bags, it's a fabric type pot that prevents sides leaking out. It was recommended by the KindSoil people, and I'm liking it and the Kindsoil.

So yep not much for me to say, as all is looking good :)

Just remember that you can now use the plants own systems to promote growth rates where you want! Any higher point will grow the fastest and lower the slowest, so use this to your advantage :)

Thanks for checking in and making sure I'm on the right track. I'm salivating at the chance to try your fluxing technique my next grow.

8/19/16 Week 6 - So I finally got my inexpensive COB lights from Amazon today. These 800w will take my flowering stage up a notch for my lemon OG plants. I put the other 300w light I was using in the closet on the Lemon plants and placed it in the tent with the Raspberry Cough plants. So the 2 Raspberry Cough plants (1 in Kindsoil and 1 in Coco/perlite mix) will have two 300w LED lights in the tent, basically double the power/wattage for flowering stage.

I hung these lights 20-23" away from the plant. I will adjust as needed dependent on if the plants can take it or not.

Before anyone goes on how it's not good to get cheapy lights, I know. But there are some pluses, I figured on a few things, one I have to save to get my premium lights and I want to be productive until then. Premium lights will be next year after I save for them and after I perfect my grow space, my grow skills, and results. I also figured, if they didn't work out I can use them for it's frame if I ever decided to do DIY COBs in the future. Lastly if they do work out, I can use them for side lighting once I get my premium lights or supplemental lighting just in case I ever have to have a premium light sent away for repair or exchange. Not to mention, the cheapy 300w lights have been working out great. They're growing bushy plants with tight nodes, so I figured it was worth trying their COBs as well. So there is a method to my madness. So bear with me, I will post my results either way.

I will be switching to flowering 12/12 hour schedule tonight for flowering.

Tent with two 300w LEDs and 2 Raspberry Cough plants.
16-08-19_Roleandro_800w_9_.JPG

8/20/16 Week 7 - Help, Please! :scratchinghead:

So I did the switch to flowering schedule last night. Though I have this feeling in my gut that I'm not 100% sure if I should've. I've never done manifold/ML training before, so I'm not sure when I'm actually suppose to switch to flowering. I know it's time to switch for my non-manifolded plants, but not sure with this one. And after all this work, I want to get the true benefits of ML.

Can someone please help me, Do you think it's time to switch to flowering or should I wait, if so how long? Also how bad is it, that I already switched from 18/6 to 12/12 last night for the first time?

Here's some additional info. It's a 16 cola ML. She was last clipped/trained on 8/14 (7 days ago). She's in her 7th week. She's about 8-9" tall from the dirt to the top of canopy. Please let me know if there's more info you need from me to help me. Thanks.

Here are some pics as of today to help, if you need clearer pics of how she's been trained please take a look at the pics from 8/14 which was the last time I did any snipping.

IMG_71538.JPG
IMG_71558.JPG
IMG_715610.JPG
IMG_715911.JPG
IMG_71609.JPG

This last section is one of the cola branches I created, but I'm seeing 2 little new growth, Am I suppose to clip these and just keep the ends?
IMG_715711.JPG

Back
Top Bottom