1st Grow, Clone SCROG Organic Soil

So far I have a pretty set feeding schedule I feed 1/2 gal of 3/4 strength Iguana juice grow on Monday and let dry Tuesday and Wednesday then on Thursday I water 1/2 gal of water and let dry Friday and Saturday. Then start the whole thing over again on Sunday. Just looking for a little feed back to see if I'm on the right track or if there are other things that I need to consider.

Man, looks sweet. I LOVE that frame. I see your well along your way dude. Man Can't say enough. I'll tune in. I see your another green lover. Cool. Please don't mind me, I'm one of them that like to looks at pic's your are doing great. Looks like it's time for you to cut your own stock for your next trip. All I can say is you got it going on Stay Down with your bad Ass.

Man, looks sweet. I LOVE that frame. I see your well along your way dude. Man Can't say enough. I'll tune in. I see your another green lover. Cool. Please don't mind me, I'm one of them that like to looks at pic's your are doing great. Looks like it's time for you to cut your own stock for your next trip. All I can say is you got it going on Stay Down with your bad Ass.

Thanks norcal I am real happy with the way the frame turned out and it works better than I could have expected. I would really like to take cuttings but as much as I would like to I don't know if I"m going to be able to do a turn around grow this time around. I think I might have to take a break in the action after this one. But I will be back.

The jungle from down under
Under_Group.jpg

Recon #1
Under_Recon2.jpg

White Russian
Under_white_Russian.jpg

:clap: Have seen a few multi level grows to maximize light across grow area...This set up and screen is best I have seen :nicethread: When I had closet grow was going to have 2 shelfs on each side so 5 rows all together to raise plant farthest away up so as not to have light shadowed out then step down for next row and lowest row would be middle. That idea was without a screen just easy to move pots....But after seeing this set up...when and if i get scrog going this outstanding set up will be how i do it :goodjob: brother and sister grower :passitleft: :welcome:

Thanks for the kind words Tunes, just tryin to make the most of the little space and light i have. BTW my wife is extremely jealous of your BB. It is def one of her favorites. Think they are on the shopping list for next time.

Did a little trimming of the under growth last night hope they don't mind to much. Ph tester took a dump on me last night so they got fed with with a ph corrected solution that I'm not entirely confident is in the 7.0 range, I have a feeling I was much higher than that. Lets just hope that the meter gave me one last good reading before it went to the trash. Apparently the probes on these meters are a little more delicate than I realized. I knew there was something amuck when it gave me a ph reading of 53.08, didn't know that was possible did ya.

Tossing around the Idea of switching to 12/12 tonight any last minute advice?? Anything I need to do prior to changing bulbs and flipping the switch??

They started taking more fluids this week.. I'm up to 12 quarts a piece with little or no run off. so I'm going to try 1gal each on sat.

Great job Sungod! Love the screen. I have been thinking of ways to accomplish the same thing just without using walls to create the bend. Seeing your setup has given me a lot of ideas! Don't be surprised if you see a screen similar to yours in my future grows! Great job and +reps. I think your girls are ready to be flipped. Definitely better to flip them a bit early than wait. From my limited experience I think you get a bit more leeway with HID lights as you can let them grow taller and not loose intensity.

Great job Sungod! Love the screen. I have been thinking of ways to accomplish the same thing just without using walls to create the bend. Seeing your setup has given me a lot of ideas! Don't be surprised if you see a screen similar to yours in my future grows! Great job and +reps. I think your girls are ready to be flipped. Definitely better to flip them a bit early than wait. From my limited experience I think you get a bit more leeway with HID lights as you can let them grow taller and not loose intensity.

Thanks for the kind words roots. I was actually pondering the same question I would really like to be able to walk around the entire screen next time. That would make life sooooo much easier. The Idea I came up with was to make your flat screen like always put the cross member in the middle like mine is then get some help from a friend and bend the screen to the desired arc. If you looked at it from the side it would make a "U" shape IF you measured, cut, and inserted a piece of PVC in the distance between tops of the U shape secure it in place then it should hold that shape Then all you would have to do is Get a couple of T's and make legs or you could suspend it from the celing the possibilities are endless. I could try to draw something if your not getting the picture. or you could wait a few months and I show you pics of mine ;)

Do you put girls in dark for a period of time before switching to flower?

Also are you concerned with the stretch first two weeks when you do switch making plants too tall?

If yes i would suggest putting them in dark for 24-72 hours (not sure the optimum time) then start 12/12
Also to control stretch some leave in MH bulbs for first week or two of 12/12 then switch to HPS bulb... to help minimize stretch.

They look ready to me...you will need screen space for stretch and you have some left so i would go for it.
You might not have problem with stretch ...just looked again and if it doubles looks like it will fill in whole screen

Also are you concerned with the stretch first two weeks when you do switch making plants too tall?

If yes i would suggest putting them in dark for 24-72 hours (not sure the optimum time) then start 12/12
Also to control stretch some leave in MH bulbs for first week or two of 12/12 then switch to HPS bulb... to help minimize stretch.

They look ready to me...you will need screen space for stretch and you have some left so i would go for it.
You might not have problem with stretch ...just looked again and if it doubles looks like it will fill in whole screen

Sarcasm: I don't know, man. He may be NOM winner but only third for POM. Don't know if I'd take that advice.:rofl:

Two great tips that I neglected these last two rotations in my perpetual and I am paying the price. +Reps to both of you.

I think I will go for 36 hrs it will fit nicely into the schedule in place. They went off at 9am this morning and will come on 9pm tomorrow night.

Tunes I researched the method and reasoning behind the long nap before flowering, but I haven't found any scientific facts that support any benefits of this practice. The only conclusion I've come up with is that more people support the practice than don't. Do you know where I can find some information on the subject.

Tunes I researched the method and reasoning behind the long nap before flowering, but I haven't found any scientific facts that support any benefits of this practice. The only conclusion I've come up with is that more people support the practice than don't. Do you know where I can find some information on the subject.

No sorry only going by what some of the seasoned growers do...and read it in many journals here....I believe the long dark period triggers flower hormones into thinking days are shorter so starts to flower quicker...from what i understand.

Yeah that seems to be the consensus. Nobody really know what it does but everyone does it, I guess I'll just blindly jump aboard like everyone else and see where this train leads....:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom