1st grow - Do these look okay?

415friendly

image9104.jpeg

My first grow, my poor plants have been seriously over stressed.

I know I overwatered, and started them out with very poor amounts of light. I think I also gave them nutrients too early in their life cycle, but have since cut back.
I totally screwed up the pH because the pH meter I was using was apparently broken.
I also misread information about humidity and had these in an environment that was waaaaayyyy too humid, to the point that mold started growing in the soil. Yuck. I had to do some emergency re-potting, and cranked up the fan to try and dry them out a bit.

With all that I've done wrong, I think they're recovering, but I'm not sure. This is my growth at 10 days post planting the germinated seeds. Any opinions on how they're looking? I know very little about growing things in general, let alone these poor guys.

They're Purple Kush feminized plants growing under CFL's.

Firstly, the plants look fine so far. :)

mold on the soil does happen, and it's good you got the air circulating quickly. Plants need air movement. Hot humid stagnant air results in powdery mildew and other fungi to flourish.

Also it's a very critical property of your soil to have excellent drainage. I'd suggest adding quite a bit more perlite to the soil medium to lighten it up. This creates micro air spaces which allow movement of water through the medium than having your soil saturated.
A saturated soil will result in damp off or fungal problems down the line.

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I'm no horticulturist at the best of times, and I was afraid I was killing my plants. I have these planted in Schultz Seed Starter Plus (that's all I had when these sprouted on me) but plan to re-pot them in Coco Coir when they get bigger. Should I still add perlite to the Coco?

I've also elevated the cups so that they are no longer resting in their drip trays. I think the runoff from the waterings was wicking back up into the containers through the drainage holes

I agree they look like they will be fine. The seedlings have all the energy they need for the first two weeks in the cotyledons. They are in a soil that already have nutrients in it and can apparently feed them for 3 months. I would not feed any nutes till you transplant.

There are mixed opinions on perlite with coco. Some people like it with the coco and others like just 100% coco. Personally I use 60/40 coco/perlite. Be sure to give some cal/mag at least every other watering when they are in the coco. LEDFR has some good videos on how to grow in coco.

How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

They look great! Remember this is just a weed from nature and it can take a beating in ways you can not give. They will continue to grow as long as you don't drown them. If that is the worst you have for them my friend then they will thrive until they bloom.

good looking babies . remember they wanna live. best advice i was ever given was don't over think your grow.

definitely, Ca/Mg as those are the first nutrients to be lost.
Epsom salts also works when sprinkled lightly on the coco surface and watered in.
I've used it many times and I swear by it.

Back
Top Bottom