1st Indoor Grow - 400w Lumatek - Soil - September 11th Memorial Bud

Hell yeah dude these are looking great.

Your ladies are looking really nice. The buds are looking really nice also and it sounds like you are liking the smoke. :goodjob: and it's :party::party::party::party: time

Bill, Jimmy...thanks for the kind words...
This stuff is amazing. I have some smaller stuff that dried out quickly that I have been medicating with and I am very happy. I was able to limit my prescription pharmaceuticals to less than 1/2 dose again and feel much better about it. I stil take my "crazy" pill because the doctors want the voices to stop but the pain meds are limited.
On a side note I discussed my herbal medications with my new head doctor (PTSD, anxiety disorder, anti-social/mild sociopath disorder) and she told me it is criminal that cannabis is not legal federally for Veteran use on PTSD alone. She also told me that she put her name on the list of doctors that petitioned the federals to pass a federal medical law...she is good people.

I am running into another issue I need some advice on.
I lease my property and the property management folks are coming around to "inspect" the houses they manage. I will be fine on 2 plants but will have 4 others still flowering or vegging at the time. Any suggestions on dealing with landlords who do not agree (regardless of the local and state laws) about the validity of my medicine choices. I am allowed to smoke and otherwise consume cannabis on the property but growing it may cause a problem. I tried to reschedule for 2 weeks later to allow my last 2 plants to finish flowering (the vegging plant and clone can live in the woods for a day, it is still above freezing in the day here) and they said "sorry but no, we need to inspect that day". Has anyone ran into this issue before and if so, what do you suggest? Harvest 2 weeks early or just move the girls outside, collapse the tent with the light inside it and stack with blankest and boxes so it is virtually invisible? One partner says harvest early and not to risk it, my other "live-in" partner (wife with a broken back) says just put the dog in the room and stack boxes in front of the closet and hope they don't ask to open the closet doors.

What does the peanut gallery say?

As long as you are certifiable legal and you have not broken your lease by growing inside then I would just put a small cfl in your tent turn off your fans to keep their hormones in check, close the closet door and do your best to make the spare room look like a storage nightmare.
Now if your plants are stinky then get your crock pot going with a roast or chili that helps.

Now if you don't have your papers not my business but if you don't I would just harvest! not worth the risk at all.
The peanut gallery!

Oh yeah almost forgot your plants look great! man!:thumb:

I agree with Gitter, you should just make it look like a storage nightmare. Check the room tho, make sure there aren't any access panels they may want to get to. I would say hell yeah to the chili for numerous reason's obviously. But sometimes you may need something....stronger? Cabbage, I.E. Sour Krout, no one will want to go near that shit. I know I don't, I'm german and I hate it lol.

week 10 photo update...I promise to get a real journal update this week...maybe in the morning. Again, bear with me, all I have is flowering cannabis photos at this time...sorry...

P1020792.JPG

P10207911.JPG

P10207901.JPG

P1020789.JPG

P1020788.JPG

P1020787.JPG

P1020786.JPG

P1020785.JPG

P1020784.JPG

P1020783.JPG

P1020782.JPG

P1020781.JPG

For size reference, that is 4' ducting and a 8" round desktop fan behind those flowers...

I must of had a stoner moment.... I thought I replied after I liked but apparently not..... Either way it is looking great!

So thanks for being patient everyone. I have a few things of note to share with everyone. Lets start at the beginning. About 3 weeks ago I started to harvest my cannabis for medical reasons. I was out of medicine and faced with the option of taking more opiate based pain relievers (all legal and prescribed for my Iraq/Army injuries) or starting a phased harvest beginning at the 5th week of flower and taking a few grams a week up to now (week 7 of flower). I am in the position now of having a few grams backup and I should be able to stretch it out until my final harvest of the first 2 plants, sometime in the next 6 days. I will allow the other 2 girls, who are at week 5+ of flower, to continue until week 8+ (day 56).

I still have a small clone and a medium sized girl vegging slowly (lots of pruning, super-cropping and LST tie downs to control size and shape). I will start her in the tent after my current girls are finished and give her a nice few weeks at 18/6 to boost her size and vegging cycle...that will put her at 15 weeks (app.) of vegging and she will be put into a 5 gal pot before her acclimatization period in the tent starting December-ish and lasting 2-3 weeks. She is currently in a 3 gal smart pot and doing quite well. I still am undecided as what to do about the clone. Part of me says bonsai that thing and turn it into a mother plant for next year and part of me says to put it outside in the spring and just give it to the grow gods...suggestions? Is there any way to do a poll on this forum? Then we could poll the subscribers and have a "fan choice" future for her. There is no reason we can't clone her and pull 1/2 dozen clones before putting her outside, or put the 1/2 doz clones out to the gods and bonsai the mother...anyway, have a great day and I will try to get back on my once a week picture journal updates for the next few weeks until final harvest.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving (my favorite holiday) and keep the spirits up through the next months of holiday cheer...

So I moved my girls around yesterday and cut 2 of them a few days ago. I had to tear my tent down, put them girls outside for the day and cleaned my tent, moved some stuff around and then put the last 2 girls in the tent...

They had a shock through the outside and also some rough handling pulling them out of the screen (scrog method) and then putting them back in, but not in the same places thus some branches are upside down or bent 180 from where they were.

I have a question from some other more experienced indoor gardeners; Is it normal to have the pistils turn from white to orange overnight from stress (week 6 of flower) and should I be worried about the obvious signs of stress and lethargy?

Thanks and I'll get some new pictures up soon...hopefully by this weekends journal update...I promise to do better for the rest of this journal...they are getting cut on New Year's Eve (hopefully). Sprouted on 9/11 and harvested on 12/31...

You still have a roof over your head, good! Every plant reacts different to stress, just have to see!

Here are some harvested colas from the 8 week flower girls and some tent pictures of the remaining 2 girls that are at week 6 of flower...

P10208431.JPG

P1020840.JPG

P1020839.JPG

P10208371.JPG

P1020830.JPG

P10208271.JPG

P10208252.JPG

P1020822.JPG

P1020821.JPG

P1020820.JPG

P1020819.JPG

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the pics and your upcoming holidays!!!

Those look great! nice fall colors on the buds. looks like you have had a really nice grow man.:peace:

I am really happy with how they look...I smoked some early harvest stuff (at 4 and 6 weeks) and it was super giggly smoke. I have some early stuff from what is still growing. I took it at 6 weeks as well so I can let those big colas dry and start to cure without smoking them. This first grow is all about getting some medicine built up so I can let the last plant go full term on the grow, dry and cure. I am pretty sure my total weight on my first 2 girls (the drying colas) was right at 1 ounce and I expect my next 2 will be about 1.5 oz and my last plant should be about 3 oz...
the last one gets a 4 gallon transplant next week and remains in the vegetative phase until New Years Eve...then 12/12 for at least 9 weeks. I cut the first 2 t 8 weeks and I think they could have gone another 7-10 days. The next 2 are going to stay in the flower tent until 72 days and will get chopped if they are where I think they will be... a lot can happen between 64 and 70 days so I plan on letting them go. The issue I see coming into play is that my entire garden is a clear sativa phenotype, an indica cross for sure but the sativa is strong in all of my girls except one of the cut tops. If you look at both of the drying tops you can clearly see an indica and sativa dominant flower. The rest of the girls all appear to be sativa phenos so I may be letting them go a bit longer than 71 days although I think that I will cut them regardless to make room for my last girl and to make sure I get the effects I want. I like to use my medicine for PTSD and anxiety so the uplifting, cerebral effects of early indicas and sativa work best for me. I also have plenty of chronic pain and nerve damage so in the future I plan on growing both in my garden (that's why I need to upgrade my space!) but if I had the choice I would pick a nice sativa dominant hybrid everyday...
I hope that everyone has a great holiday! My wife and I are going back to our childhood home for Christmas and one of my brothers is throwing a welcome home party for us at his bar...family friendly of course but it is still a bar! I hope everyone gets what they want for Christmas but throughout the season lets not forget that we are celebrating the birth of Jesus not the commercialized version of the holiday...

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

I was out of the game for a bit and am trying to tie up loose ends with my old journals...
This bud turned out super stony with a huge amount of giggles for anyone who puffed it. Total weight was 3.5 oz from the 3 little girls. Thanks for all the help...I am about to start a new journal so stay tuned!

Back
Top Bottom